Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking pictures of execution: Mogadishu courts

Jaylaani   

Castro,

That really hurts....I guess truth always hurts but never kills you. I don't think Duke can recover from this one.

Lol@TFG made progress... by doing what, moving from one village to another?

Get really man and smell the cereal.

Castro   

You think the TFG is worthless, Jaylaaniow? It may be but it's all we (Somalis) have got atheer. So I am critical of it coz I want it to succeed. Why are you critical of it?

Jaylaani   

I really don't care for it one way or the other. There is no need for me to debate about it however, I just can’t believe how some people can’t see the really and the twisted political tactics of these guys. How are you gonna have a government when your own cabinets don’t support your political ideology? That is the ultimate recipe of disaster.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Castro:

It may be but it's all we (Somalis) have got atheer.

How could you disrespect me like that?

Afro   

I AM NOT SURPRISED WITH THE ACTION OF THE BOGUS SO CALLED "ISLAMIC COURTS", BUT I AM SURPRISED, SHOCKED AND DISGUSTED BY THE HUGE AUDIENCE WHO CAME TO ENJOY THIS SAVAGERY, BIG CARNAVAL, MOGADISHU STYLE, REER MOGADISHU BECAME SO STONE HEARTED I DON'T THINK THEY WILL EVER HAVE ANY FEELINGS, AND SENSITIVITY.

Castro   

Jaylaani, the TFG is an infant government in resource-poor country. It faces enemies within and from the neighborhood. It's also made up of former warlords, strong men, community (read: clan) leaders and many decent Somalis who are genuinely interested in the welfare of their country. In some ways, you can think of it as a laboratory for the move from clannism to nationalism. In other ways, it is a 12-step rehab program for ex-warlords and other power hungry personalities. I'm hoping they're now on step 7+ where they have kicked the habit and see things with the eyes of the common Somali man. You know, thoughts for peace, prosperity, and shit like that. Time will tell whether it fails or not. For now, the prospects are dim and getting dimmer. But who knows, things may turnaround in a snap.

Jaylaani   

Thanks the info but no thanks. Like I said before, it doesn't matter to me at all. I hope they succeed.

Thanks any way!

RedSea   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Red sea, first stop making silly statements, it does you no justice what so ever.

If Yusuf is a warlord then so was Egal, Tuur, and so are Silanyo, all the SNM comanders who took part in the wars. Riyaales actions as an SNN operative, his claims over SOOL, SANAG and CAYN would in my eyes make him no different to Yalaxow, Inda CADE and the warlords in the south.

I expect nothing from secesionists for their main claim has been that everyone who opposes then and convenaintly happens to be outside their clan is a warlord...

My leaders have disapointed me, they are the eleceted President of the republic, the PM and the Parliment speaker. They have not delivered as of yet to my very high expectations.

Kadaroo Dibi dhal, saaxib sida aad wax ufahantid ma garanayo, so I will just leave at that, because there is no point of having any intellectual converstations with you since you have lost the base of the whole discussion.

If Yusuf is a warlord then so was Egal, Tuur, and so are Silanyo, all the SNM comanders who took part in the wars. Riyaales actions as an SNN operative, his claims over SOOL, SANAG and CAYN would in my eyes make him no different to Yalaxow, Inda CADE and the warlords in the south.

Duke,

Adeer iska fadhiiso. Nin isagu afkiisa dadweynaha isagoo kala hadlaaya BBCda yidhi anigu "Habaar Qabe Qabqabla ah ayaan ahay" ayaad isleeday difaac. What a pitty.

Ninka suldaanadii iyo walaalkiiba qudha ka jaray ayaad isleeday difaac. What a pitty!!

Take your vomit back Duke.

N.O.R.F   

OK, enough of the huballu, let get technical here.

1) What are the pre-requisits for judging a person guilty of the said crime?

2) Who can make such decisions? What qualifications must they have? Must they be voted in to make such decisions? By whom?

3) Can an un-elected court make such decisions?

4) Should the whole country recognise such court for it to be able to operate 'islamically'?

5) Can killer today shiek tomorrow make such decisions?

6) How do you determine one's qualification in fiqh if one has no degree from an established Uni?

In my opinion, the killing of the man based on a decision from an 'islamic' court was illegal as the the answers to the above questions were not adhered to, therefore making the whole process futile. Maybe our learned brothers and sisters can shed some light on this.

Kashafa   

I am thankful to Allah that I live in a country where the constitution protects me against federal government violating my due process right. The right to due process is the greatest constitutional check against arbitrary infringement of human right. This right originated from what those mullahs would call “Kufrâ€. This is the fountainhead of liberty in Anglo-American history. This is the only process that mandates the fundamental right of people.

I live in that country, too. And I see a radically different picture. I see a system that routinely lets murderers and criminals of all kind walk free after serving a few nominal years in prison. And even when convicted and sentenced to death, rarely is the criminal executed. He spends the rest of his years eating 3 square meals and playing ball with his convict brethren. Justice ? For whatever strengths the American judical system has in protecting civil liberties & rights, it fails miserably in providing justice and closure to the victims and their families. The movie In the Bedroom* powerfully demonstrates this not-mentioned-frequently-enough aspect of American life.

*I give the movie a halaal rating of 7/10. Pretty clean for a R rated film.

I can imagine how the
poor soul
struggled or convulsed when the
beast
was stabbing him to death.

Poor choice of words there, akh. Who's the poor soul ? The 16 year old who was robbed of his father, or the man who did the murdering ?

You may disagree with the method used, but given the chance, would you not want to dispatch your father's killer with your own hands ? Honestly, now. There's no denying it. It's one of the most deeply ingrained urges to protect your loved ones and to visit vengeance on those who hurt them.

The 'beast' in this case is this fake court that has made a mockery of Sharia law with their P.R. stunt, and in the process ruining the good name of other courts that provide much-needed stability in the areas they control.

Comrad, I accept there will be conforntation of some sort, the actions of the warlords have proven this, but the strategy should be to avoid it untill the armed forces of the government are ready and when there is greater consensus for action.

I also agree that the status quo must change, i.e. the executive must be shaken up. Removing the warlords those in the Dayniile aliance, and naming a new cabinet.

But I belive that things are changing for the better. What was that old saying Rome was not built in a day.

Khayr   

Strange is the fact that media becomes 'Bad and Gruesome Images' quickly like a fly on shiidh. However, when it comes to anything good-it ain't worth the Headlines or even a breath of attention. :rolleyes:

SubhanAllah,

This was done with a very gruesome imagery in mind. It sounds all too fishy to me that this imagery pops up on the net and around the world, when the islamic courts of late, have been gaining the support of some of their people.