Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Shocking pictures of execution: Mogadishu courts

RedSea   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Our TFG is quite, maybe the life of one individual and his family dont mean much to our leaders...

Who are your leaders I must ask Mr. Duke, the warlords and the criminals perhaps. If one individual's life meant something to them, life for Somalis would have been heck alot better in long time ago. So wake up sxb, there is no leadership potential in a warlord and a criminal.

The fact of the matter is that, although the act of killing a murderer is right in Sharia law,

These numerous unlawful and biased courts being set up are hijacking Islamic law to their selfish needs.

i pity those who have decided to use Islam as their vehicle for greed and gain, for their punishment in Akhirah will be severe.

btw, perhaps they are using his own weapon on him? That could explain why a machete was used.

Mohamed Abdi

(SomaliNet) The relatives of the executed killer by an Islamic court in Bermuda district of Mogadishu yesterday members of minority Somali clans said they were not aware of the court's execution verdict on their man, describing it as hurried act.

Leila Ahmed known as 'Leila Gurei' who is the wife of the knifed man's uncle and was in charge of the welfare of the killer during his detention, complained that she was not aware of when the execution happened. She added, "the relatives of the stabbed man and those of his victim agreed on compensation, but the court itself ruled the execution case against Sheekh Omar Hussein and the verdict was not on common groundâ€.

Mr. Omar 48, from unarmed minority clans was stabbed to death by the son of the killed Quranic teacher as ordered by Makka Al-mukarama Islamic court in Bermuda village of Mogadishu in front of crowded people.

Mogadishu's Somalinet correspondent Mohamed Abdi says the Islamic courts in Mogadishu cannot carry out execution verdict on people from armed tribes known as 'Beelaha hubeysan' (armed clans).

The gun ruled Mogadishu for the past 15 years while its current generation grew up in disorder and chaos atmosphere. If you come to Mogadishu, the city of lawlessness, hold your breath back and you will see everything as normal

-Lily-   

Well the blaming of Warlords, whilst it may be correct, is getting tiresome. You can sit here for the next 15 years and blame warlords. Call Somalis savages, speak and speak until you get tired.

I’m sick of people contemplating the state of Somalia, do something about it or shut up. If you want to speak out there are constructive ways to do it. None of us as far as I know is attracting the world to the plight of Somalis. Yes reality sucks but scepticism & cynicism coupled with helplessness will get us no where.

By discussing the ongoings in Somalia, we are doing something about them.

Because when we (if we) get the chance to do something about the state of Somalia, we can learn from the mistakes of others.

And what makes 'attracting the world to the plight of the Somali people' in anyway a help?

A solution will have to come from within, from us Somali people.

-Lily-   

^^Not to solve problems, to put pressure on certain ppl. How much longer do we need to wait? It might not even come in our life time. Now that's depressing.

something is very disturbing about this case. I mean I agree with the shariah, but there is something that is not in compliance.

Some thing smells fishy.

STOIC   

Did it ever crossed the fetid brain of this “Skirt adjusters and beard strokers†(Ngonge’s coined word) what most of us are familiar with; indestructible human right. I am thankful to Allah that I live in a country where the constitution protects me against federal government violating my due process right. The right to due process is the greatest constitutional check against arbitrary infringement of human right. This right originated from what those mullahs would call “Kufrâ€. This is the fountainhead of liberty in Anglo-American history. This is the only process that mandates the fundamental right of people. It is shameful at time when the rest of the world is debating on a humane way to execute the guilty; we are stabbing people to death. This execution is so horrifying. It is too bloody and time consuming. I can imagine how the poor soul struggled or convulsed when the beast was stabbing him to death. As Muslims are we not instructed not to cut the throat of an animal with unsharpened blade? I am afraid soon people will be beheaded for listening to “insulting†songs. Vengence seems to be the only reason why this execution was carried out. How are we going to get out of circle of violence if we keep circling on a circle of revenge? This revenge may console the heart of the victims’ family, but it will only lead to more vengeance. An eye for an aye only makes the whole world blind.

^^Adjusted-skirts or beard stroking has zilch to do with this, good STIOC? Why disappoint us and quote the infamous slips of NGONGE’s tongue then? What’s impeding your mind from seeing that appalling incident for what it really is? It is a warlord stun, is it not? You need not learn calculus, saaxiib, to solve that simple problem.

STOIC   

Xiin, the point was to highlight the danger of the people who carried out this hideous execution. There seem to be evidence to suggest that they are the type of “mullahs†who would go after small things. I think it doesn’t matter if they carried out the execution due to their affiliation with warlords. They have clearly based their verdict on their version of Islam. I was not in anyway referring to all the wonderful peace loving Muslims who cherish a just world as a “skirt adjustersâ€. I thought the description fitted this kind of mullahs. I ‘m sorry if the word has offended you, but I think this words better reflects their actions. I take back the word.

Red sea, first stop making silly statements, it does you no justice what so ever.

If Yusuf is a warlord then so was Egal, Tuur, and so are Silanyo, all the SNM comanders who took part in the wars. Riyaales actions as an SNN operative, his claims over SOOL, SANAG and CAYN would in my eyes make him no different to Yalaxow, Inda CADE and the warlords in the south.

I expect nothing from secesionists for their main claim has been that everyone who opposes then and convenaintly happens to be outside their clan is a warlord...

My leaders have disapointed me, they are the eleceted President of the republic, the PM and the Parliment speaker. They have not delivered as of yet to my very high expectations.

NaaiMa   

Yeah, I dont think they went about this at all in the right way...animals aren't even allowed to be killed in such a manner, much less a human being. redface.gif

But just to pose a question,for the sake of discussion. Someone might have actually already posed this actually. Do you think implementing a court like this in some way does a service to people in Mogadishu? Because people now know that anyone who commits crimes will be held accountable for their actions, and will not be allowed to roam the streets with the rest of society?

I mean this, only if it were to be implemented to everyone, and not just against uprotected minorities...or as a weapon for people with power.... What are your thoughts?

Castro   

^ You mean applying the rule of law equally to everyone? So powerful warlords (and their clans) would have to answer to a court for repeated violations of human rights? Why that sounds like a great idea. Wake me up when it happens.

My leaders have disapointed me, they are the eleceted President of the republic, the PM and the Parliment speaker.
They have not delivered as of yet to my very high expectations.

Not even to my modest expactations have they delivered.

^^^ Comrad, I belive the project [tfg] is going well regardless of the perception. The obsticles are getting smaller as they the Parliment get their act together.

If we look at where we were a few months ago, a divided parliment, the warlords holding sway in Mogadishu and no decsions on HQ. Today we have warlords united but aas isolated, Parliment united and working.

The main test is to build on this and increase the capacity to effectively take control of more territory, whie avoiding direct confrontation with armed groups.

Castro   

The main test is to build on this and increase the capacity to
effectively take control of more territory, whie avoiding direct confrontation with armed groups.

Take control of territory without confronting the armed groups? You mean like squatting? LOL. Come on General. You and I both know (as does anyone who cares) that a confrontation is inevitable. And the longer it is delayed, the bigger it will be. Furthermore, the longer the status quo is maintained the less legitimate the TFG becomes. Assuming it has any legitimacy at all.