Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Puntland Flag and Coat of Arms approved today by Legislative!

Ibtisam   

Ngonge I don't know, We don't know each other like that icon_razz.gif why? do you think he is grooming girls for him with all this talk of Qardho?

Originally posted by miles-militis:

The beauty of the flag is in its Somaliness, without any regard for claims of ownership and/or originality, but the minute the discussion descends into that sphere, it looses its Somaliness and becomes a Somali.

Till then,

I couldn’t agree more with that – where do I co-sign – Mr MM?

Consequently I drop all the claims made by qardho forthwith :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Ibti, does Sayid guy have a younger brother or something?
:D

what are you insinuating? :mad:

Ibti, i hope you didn't tell him about qardho's exchange policy. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I used to tell her great tales of J.Qabar when I had my eye on her (for my younger brother).
:D

:D first of all there are no great tales to be told about Jaamac Qabar (unless your brother has the same name)

Secondly qardho has exchange policy which qaloocan has refused to reciprocate (althought burco has) but more importantly my three younger brothers are not the types of guys who take kindly to in gabadha loo soo shukaamiyo and worst of all with great tales about Qardho (which it has its fair share) :D

and finaly reer qardho are not as lame as reer J.qabar to woe girl with great tales about their tuulo. :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

quote:

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:

Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

Somalilanders are the only people capable of designing flags.
We designed the blue flag

Yaah? Which blue flag are you referring to?

I am feeling FiqiKhair's added touch to the new flag...Well done...
Sister you seem surprised,
the blue one aad haada la roortan iyo the song aad ku heestan ba, nimaan uu dashey the clans of what is now called Somaliland aya sameyeh
:DInaa lilaahi wa inaa ileyhi raajacuun! Been minii lasheegaayo midaan raad leheen baa lasheegaa...Not only is Maxamed Cawaale Libaan nin reer Puntland ah, my clan buu ka dhashay...Yaa qaafka kugu sheekeeyay Ibtiyeey? Somaliland lagu yeh...Xashac!

Mohammed Awale Liban was Somalilander?? that is news to me - i always taught that he was reer qardhood

Ibti where did you hear that from?

Sayid, malagayaabaa intaan hurday iney Qardho Somaliland ku biirtay toloow? :D

***Advice to Ibti, don't let your dislike for Qardho cloud the facts for you dear...You'll be amazed at my adeeroyaal's taariikh in Somalia...*** :cool:

NGONGE   

^^ You're an exception, KK. A Qardho flower. Ibti only dislikes the Qardho rocks. :D

Sayid

This is why there is no 'exchange programs', you guys would not pick up a pearl for your own brothers. :D

As for my tuulo, it is just a stop place for roving geel jire's, and the Qaloocan girls live to hear stories about these geel jire's and the millions of camels they own.

Mohamed Awale Liban was a visionary man who believed in the notion of greater Somalia and successfully, and perhaps permanently, incorporated that vision in the most visible symbol of nationhood Somalia and Somalis have, the blue flag. Though he was a politician (he was Somalia’s first chief of staff and served I believe in Adam Adde’s first term), I am sure he wouldn’t find any problems being called a Somalilander :D . Such was the attitude of that generation. Abdirizak Haji Hussein still exhibits same qualities.

Well Xiin,

If you put it that way, then we are all from Somaliland, are we not mate? but do not tell Ibti I said that.

Ngonge - you are a brave one, mate with 'haasaawe' in Qaloocan and Qardho ;--)

AYOUB   

The flag is beautiful with that mixture of Buluugle and Djibouti's (not sure about the Coat of Arms though) . But its creation might have ramifications in certain hot spots like Galkacyo.

Originally posted by miles-militis:

The Somali national song ‘Soomaaliyey toos’ was created by 'mucallim' Cali Mire Cawaale, a sole ranger from Sool, whose last name incidentally happens to be 'Cawaale'."

He was the first to sing it, but the original version was a poem by Abwaan Yusuf Aadan Qabille. Somalis do confuse the "the singer" and the "the creator".