Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Where is Shabeeleey?: ONLF marines update

^ :D haha, intaas ayaa naf laga dhiganayaa. If it makes you sleep better sidaasay wax udhaceen.

Adeer niman marqaan dilooday oo katustay inay dhahaan piracy of Afrikaan joojinaynaa baa tihiin. Maxaa kuwaa laga dhuuntaa meeshuba waa meel iska banaanee lool

Abtigiis   

Ngonge,

I said it yesterday. They were not in those mountains where Somaliland claimed they are surrounded. I am telling you the facts. Somaliland learned about the whole issue from Ethiopians on 13 September. On 13 September the men were much closer to Biyoqaboobe, near Danbal.

In fact, the Ethiopians got a word of this whole thing, possibly from their intelligence in Asmara or a mole in Issays's military. From ten days ago, the Ethiopian military were crossing into Awdal and parts of Salal to follow on the story. But whether it is by design or pure luck, they didn't manage to be where the ONLF marines landed, and only learned about the arrival of the contingent once they reached the Ethiopian border. They got the tip-off from what is known as "Finance Police", (waa policka la dagaalanka contro-banka) oo arinta ogaaday.

The Ethiopians sent army to the border areas, but mainly concentrated in closing all likely entry points into the hinterland. The ONLF contingent splited itself into 3 groups and marched to different areas to decrease the chances of detection. Two of the groups safely reached their destination. One group met the Ethiopian forces between Biyoqaboobe and Danbal (50 Kms North West of Jigjiga). A very fierce battle took place with casualities on both sides. It is possible there is big casualties on ONLF side too [ we are checking on the accurate figures]. But those who survived managed to break and go forward further to the interior.

Ayoub,

I know they used trucks. I don't know if they hid in the containers you talk about. But if they did that, I applaud them. The objective is to arrive safely, and the end justifies the means. You are clutching on straws since yesterday. Kolba sheeko meesha ha la iman. Away raggaad ku hareereesneyd ilaa shaly. Generaalada guryasamo iyo Jigjiga-yar ku mirqaamaya miyaa wax hareereeyn? :D:D

NGONGE   

^^ I am asking you about the landing and reaching the border part dee. How did that happen? Was it done openly or was it a covert operation (i.e. Salt jars) as SL claims? :D

Abtigiis   

NG, I know they used trucks. The details didn't matter for me. It may give some comfort to SL to say they hid. I have no problem with that. Let us not change the real topic.

Were they surrounded at any point? NO!

Did SL learn about the arrival and safe passage before they were home and dry? Yes.

About the fighting, it may give you some clue to click at Cakaaranews today. http://www.cakaaranews.com/

The lead story is Cabdiraxmaan Gurey and Lembo watching a footie tournament, after all the shriek yesterday. :D:D

NGONGE   

^^ The details didn't matter? They do this every day, do they? :D

Warya.. if you're going to spin it dee at least entertain me.

At any rate, I am asking so that I have an idea of the full story from your side (full story) before comparing it to the two other sides.

Faafan   

A&T

No casualties on the ONLF side.If it did its minimal.I have spoken to a large nuumber of people, some of them spoke directly to high-ranking officials and the troops are safe.They stopped contact for a while as they had to switch there military communication systems off but there was contact this morning and the news was good.There in good spirits.

AYOUB   

A&T

The trespassers gave the chasing troops a dummy while the bulk of them legged it at 90km/ph. It's only 120km and on Eid Fitr day of all days. The were out of the country withing hours :D

Anyways I prefer Salt and Whinegar crisps over Prawn Coctail anyday :D

Maaddeey   

^Ayoub, weli su'aashi wey taagantahay: 'ha la hubiyo xataa ma dheheysiin miyaa?'. Hadda waxaa hubanti ah, in ciidan SL uusan waxba uusan ku hareereysanyn, sida uu A & T hadalka u dhigayna ay runtu tahay!.

A & T, Shabeelleey dadka qaar ugu yaraan fikrad waa ka heystaan halka ay ku taal, oo masaafada ay jirto & mapkaba waxaa soo dhejiyey Ferguson.

ONLF has no doubt achieved operational excellence. It is not easy for hundreds of armed men to slip undetected with their armory and logistics, traveling a distance of 150 km.

^^A better explanation for ONLF's success might be the length of Northern’s coast, and perhaps the presence of sympathetic, local supporters.

Like General Taani said, xeebtu aad bay u dheertahay :D

^^ :D:D

Nin daad qaaday xunbo cuskay weeye tiinnu adeer

My only concern is alshabaab taking a page from ONLF's mannual, oo meelo badan oo aanan la rabin kasoo daadata sidii ONLF tii oo kale :D