Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Where is Shabeeleey?: ONLF marines update

Abtigiis   

All yesterday, as I read the comments on the "Surrounded ONLF marines", and later the claim of Abdi Iley and the mindboggling figure of 123 casualties, I was sure someone in SOL will ask, "where is Shabeeleey?" (which Abdi Iley is saying the fighting took place). No one did. I am amazed by this. Even Duke didn't ask for all his sometimes clever inquisitive nature.

Could all of Solers be so daft, or is it that the speed with which the story moved, confused them and forced them not to ask what seems the first question to ask in such cases? Or is it that they all didn't want to be that pedantic? I don't know, but I am disappointed.

Shabeeleey is 25 Kms to the South West of Jigjiga. In the absence of a map, let me give you this rough description of where it lies. It lies between Galalshe/ Fiq and Jigjiga. If you are in Shabeeley, you are on the western side of the Karamardha mountains but you can go to Dhagaxbuur or Fiq zone very easily through Qaaxo area.

So, let us settle issues one by one.

1- The fighting didnot take place in the Somaliland/Ethiopia border.

2- The claim by Somaliland that they surrounded ONLF fighters in Marimar mountains was false all along. You remember that I told you that they may have surrounded baboons and Squirrells but not human beings in that area yesterday. I didn't want to say it, but I knew the contigent has arrived safely at Biyoqabobe, to the north of the Ayshaca/Diri dhabe road. They spent the night around there, and dispersed in three groups to three different directions.

3- It is one of the group that headed South and reached Shabeeleey that fought its way with Ethiopian/Liyu police forces. In fact, if the whole purpose of the contigent was to fight, they couldn't have asked for a better field to enagage the enemy. Shabeeley is dense, full of small hills and trenches and very close to both Dhagaxbuur Zone, and Fiq zone.

5- But the truth is Abdi Iley is confused. Where the fighting happened is between Biyoqaboobe and Danbal and not Shabeeleey. This place is close to Jigjiga, approximately around 50-60 Kms to the direction of Dire Dawa. How it becomes the SL border is mindboggling, to say the least.

4- As far as Somaliland officials are concerned, it was a theatre last night watching the recriminations. Faysal Ali Waraabe was saying "beenta inaga daaya, waxba kuma hareeraysnine". Cali Gurey was implicating Gaboose for giving hand to the rebels. It was pleasing to watch the confusion.

So, let the matter rest. There was no encirclement, no chasing, and no fighting in which the SL authorities were involved. There was no fighting in an area close to the border.

This will bring the issue to whether what Abdi Iley is saying is true or not. It is a fair debate. Because I am one-sided and you will take my news with a pinch of salt (and rightly so), I will not pretend I have proof for you. For you will still doubt it. But what I can tell you is that there is good feeling among ONLF supporters about how things went. The number of corpses and wounded Ethiopian/Liyu-police soldiers that are crowding out hospitals in Jigjiga is a good indicator.

But I will only come here to say what I know and not what I like, and until I confirm the casualities on both sides, I will not declare anything. I have already said the feeling is good and one of jubilation though.

I knew that Abdi Iley had to lie to the media as he always did, but his over the top number of 123 deaths in a single day in one field was too sour to be believed.

Sadly the secessionists fell for Abdi Iley's outrageous lie and celebrated victory. A victory that's neither a fact nor had anything to with it.

NGONGE   

You didn't say how they managed it, A&T. Did they brazenly march through SL territory until they reached the border, as some are saying? Or did they follow the Ali Baba & Forty thieves' method of hiding in jars of oil, as the SL authorities claim? :D

NGONGE   

^^ Taa shalaytay aheed. Maanta waa maalin cusub. Miyaanad arag kuwa laha waa Awdal Uprising maanta isbadalka ay la yimaadeen; dee A&T isna mala wuu is badalay. Haduu doono wuxu odhan "sida xizbuallah ayaan 'tunnels' qodnay".

^Few hundren men fully equiped cannot and did not do Ali-Baba. It only proves that the SL terrority you talk about is nothing more than few clanists getting high of khat in Hargeisa...

The Zack   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Waa markaan is idhaahdo Gunna-gado ayaa Garowe ka caqli badan ,,,,
:D

Burco iyo Hargeisa jufooyinkeeda makala naqaanee, Garowe and Gunagudo jufooyinkeeda maxaa ku kala baray? :D

To use Duke's line, dadkan waa walaalo waryaa.

NGONGE   

^^ Have what? Adeer dee hadalkaaga xawaashka ku badi oo dhadhan o yeel. Ama wait for A&T to show you how it is done like I just told you. :D

A&T, thanks for the update. The secessionist side of this story was mind boggling. Aside from the false smiles and painful laughs they presented to the world their sheer incompetence. As for the 124 dead in the make believe battle, that also added to the forgery. Anyhow expect more landings in this soft and welcoming Somali territory.

^What seccesionist side of story? They are confused and have no story. Their source is Abdi Iley and their victory celelbration is due to his false claim.

Inept and utter failure.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

You didn't say how they managed it, A&T. Did they brazenly march through SL territory until they reached the border, as some are saying? Or did they follow the Ali Baba & Forty thieves' method of hiding in jars of oil, as the SL authorities claim?
:D

lol A&T will never admit they hid inside containers carried by trucks used to transport unprocessed sea salt from the shores of Awdal. Salt and Whinegar!