Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Live From Hargeisa

Thankful   

Does any really think Riyaale a former Siad guy will step down peacefully? After being vice President and President for so long, he'll just retire and leave politics?

Of course this won't lead to some huge civil war or deaths, but he will come back again, no doubt about it. If he loses he'll contest it and come back or he will win.

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Woke up early in the morning, pick up my camera and went going around the city to check out the voting process.

Huge turn out to vote. So far so good.

Security is extremely tight as police are petrolling the city which only authorized cars are moving around.

YOu can see people's faces as they are smiling and happy to cast their vote for the one they choose for themwselves.

Around 70 international observes are also going to all the regions to observe the elections.

so what changed!! nothing..... same dude still in office. U should have enjoyed your sleep!loooooooool.

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

I still dont understand how udub can accuse Kulmiye in rigging the election how can The Opposition party, do such a thing lol , its not even Possible., people mostly accuse the goverment of rigging the elections But not the Opposition , this is a great joke

Silly question. Anyone can rig an election. Kulmiye is well organised, and has been campaigning for the past 6 years. In the previous elections both camps rigged the votes. Dont know was best at it.

Cara.   

^Can we get some sensible (ie female) perspective on this Ibti? I gather there are two parties headed by a Riyaale (the incumbent?) and a Silaanyo. Who won? What does it mean for the average Xaliimo in Burco? What does each side campaign on?

I don't even know the basics redface.gif How long is each presidential term? How much political power does the office have anyway, how many houses of parliament, is there a prime minister? Why do I get the sense just having a peaceful election is the point and no one really cares about the actual outcome?

Actually, I demand you start a new thread entitled "Somaliland 2010 Elections for Dummies" to give us the lowdown on this thrilling event.

And congratulations to our northerly neighbor/wayward state :D

Ibtisam   

:D @ Cara!!!! HAHAHA you made me laugh and I half thought you was serious, nearly went off to start such thread!!! icon_razz.gif:D

There are 3 parties; I will tell you what means for the average Xalimo once the offical results la keeno the outside world, haad Akhyiro agtedida uu baan laga waramaya.

Xiin, xaasha, Riyaal is a good man, he is accepting the results, slowly coming to terms with it, did you not hear his press release? :Dicon_razz.gif

President Rayaale held a press conference today saying he will accept any results comes from the electoral commission. He apologized the previous statement released by some of UDUB leaders yesterday. He said Somalilanders should not worry about the results and he is willing to hand over the power if the opposition wins the election.

I'm now sitting at Maansoor hotel where the results will be announced in less than 30 minutes time.

The security is tight and security forces are patrolling in the man streets. The hotel is surrounded by police and one had to go through 3 checkpoints before he/she comes in.

Ibtisam   

I feel to do JB job here and post the new thread for him; Results currently being announced in 30mins!!! JB that is a long time!! icon_razz.gif

JB dhee tell us waxa meesha ka dacay? Is it a party HAve you seen all the leaders?