Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Live From Hargeisa

Hales   

Its a great achievement that this election is progressing without violence from external foes.

So kudos to them.

lets hope their isnt any mugging though :D , seriously now JB which party do you think is most likely to win this one?

Thankful   

Thanks, The AL, is different then what he said about "Arabs", which I thought he was referrfing to the people. Plus, I still dont think they are at the level of terrorists and anarchists. They might have their motivations though.

I personally think they couldn't give two hoots about Somalia or any of it's regions, as they donate more aid to universities in the states, rather then starving people.

But thanks for clarifying your position on the AL!

Hales   

^^

AL may have been almost interely incompetent in solving Somalia problem but atleast it doing many proud Somalis good something they might be remembered for and that is keeping the Nation from being dismembered.

Hales   

If the TFG and Puntland today pushed and agreed in the seccession of Somaliland, the Arab league would not have anything to say against their bidding.

As thats not the situation, their role is quite different.

Its true that their are other reasons such as the Nile issue which keeps bringing the AL back to pushing for Somali unity but its not the nucleus of the matter, the current political framework for unity of the TFG is.

As for Somalia falling low, the political influence of Somalia has been pretty much dormant before the Islamist rise and even much after that,

but with such decline and minimal influence and is quite telling of Somalilands failure to seccede.

Lastly as for controling their political destiny,

They have! just not in a fashion all Somalis agree with.

Dad daacad ah oo xalaal ah. Well done to the masses for the orderly and peacefull way they conducted themselves.

Now lets see how the politicians conduct themselves. WIll they dirty this great achievement or will they safeguard it and get their act together and congratulate the winner without resorting to their old ways? That is the question that remains to be answered in the next couple of days.

Somaliland politicians are mature and Somaliland interest comes first all 3 candidates gave their word,before the elections. And they are politically mature and will congratulate the winner, and that winner will inshallah lead Somaliland in a democratic way, in the next 5 years.

Hales   

For, firstly, the issue of TFG and Pirate-land was never a political impediment to Somaliland,

So the essential point of your whole posts was that the TFG and its assosicates are completely powerless in their stance towards Somaliland and do not have any say and that the Arab league has its own agenda primarily that is the Nile issue and to a lesser degree the South Sudan issue.

Although i dont agree to the length of which your saying that the Arab league is acting entirely on its own which i actually dissagree with but more importantly im saying that the nucleus of the issue lies on the hands of the Somalia unity political framework which is based on the decisions of the South which the Arab league has to respect.

So if things were to change in the political framework in Somalia the Arab league would have to adapt to that change but if things dont (which is the current status quo) the AL they and their assosciates would be at the forefront in denying Somalilands seccession.

Im not dissagreeing with the issue that they have interests in the horn of Africa, this is something i already agree with.

But over the length in which they would push for Somali unity is

FIrstly id like to say that in the situation in which a future Somali state could have relations with Ehiopia and how that could further affect the nile river is already something that is yet not predictable also consider how pro Ethiopia Somalis are today, also the South Sudanese is something have already fully agreed with over the soon to come 2011 elections.

So theirs nothing massive thing in stake here for the Arab is there in Somaliland ultimately secceding.

Originally posted by Qhalib:

Viva Kulmiye and future President of Jamhuriyada Hon. Ahmed mohamud Mahamed Silaanyo. :cool:

Indeed God bless the mujaheed :D

People are so anxious about the results. I've been going around looking at the people's recation in this particular period and all i see is people debating and talking about the results.

Although not officially announced, everyone in the city will tell you how many voted in each region and who voted who. Some even have a whole list of the voters and their voting results which is probably a made up one from nowhere,, :D

Most of the Electoral staff did not sleep for the last three days and still ready to finish it to the end.

The leaders of the three parties are just silent, waiting for the official announcement of the results.

RedSea   

Maybe you can also make use of PM inbox heh mr. Jacaylbaro. Mar hadii dhagaha wax la iskugu sheegayo. ;)