Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Do you wanna bounce to the beat?

Modesty   

Asaalamu Alaykum,

Since I found out that music is haram,I've been struggling because I really enjoy music. I used to dismiss the fact that music was haram,by allowing myself to listening to somali music, since the singers are muslim. I also listened to music without mature content, and others that I didn't understand like arabic or latino.However, I have to be true to myself, so I don't listen to it as much. I was watching this show, that was talking about these 2 teenage boys that killed a teenage girl, because this music they were listening to was controlling them, and they thought if they sacrificed her then they would become the #1 band in Hell. My friend told me that he sometimes gets chills up his spine when he listens to certain types of music, and music is capable of changing our emotions, it kind of feels like instant mind control. I've felt happy,and sad and with some songs I felt the need to fall in love. I find it amazing that music can do all that, from making people kill eachother, to commiting adultery.It makes so much sense why Allah has made it haram. But...I'm trying to resist! ;)

Blessed   

I've felt happy,and sad and with some songs I felt the need to fall in love.

Iniit though! I thought I was the only looney nomad out there but I guess not :D

Anyways, how is it going? Giving up music I mean.

I can never give it up. My abtiyo once told me that Islam and Music will not reside in the same heart. Which is true. But it is so hard to give it up, I tried once and like a week later Jubba released a new album.. how can I not listen to it :confused:

That is the hardest thing to give up.. music.. i mean it is all arround isn't it?

Is there a Nomad that doesn't listen to music.. what is your secret?

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM FELLOW NOMADS,

I cannot say i do not listen to music because i would be lying. to tell u the truth i offten listen to music. i know it's haram. my mother and father of all people doesn't not listen to music and doesn't allow my siblings and i to listen to music. the only time i listen to music is when i am frustraded and mad (angry). walahi i don't know why....i think the shaydan has been talking to me. but when i am not in neither mood, i can feel the shaydan calling me to listen to music. but the only way i can aviod music is to read quraan,a'udubilayso,and think of allah the all might.

wassalamu alaikum

yo sistah in islam

:D

Bambina   

Sup'to ma nomad community,Modesty it's a real joy for me to know dat someone cares about the music issue in Islam.Since I started prayin I thought about givin up a lot of things and music is definetly on the top of my list.The fact is I dont know how to give up music cuz all ma life I've been listenin to it.It is true dat music plays a key role in a person's moods and sumtimes it could lead to sumthin dangerous.But can u consider haram a song dat prones generosity and peace or a song dat doesnt contain any harmful lyrics?Das the thing dat I dont understand and das wy it's hard to give it up cuz music of any kind isnt allowed except the Quran.If sum of u gave up music tell me how u did,ur experiences would be very interestin.Much luv to the bros and sis out there.

Like the rest of you..am a person that can't resist listening to music cause i think its in the blood...well there isnt a day that goes by without me listening to music and i hope god forgives me.

Rahima   

Ameenah:

I feel you sister ;) , i remember i stopped listening to music at the end of year 10 (my friend and i), its been four years now and alxamdullilah haven't had the want to go back to it not that i'm saying its been a breeze especially considering it's everywhere as you said.

Bottom line, i just woke up one morning and decided no more. I'm the sort of person that can do such things, call it stubborn behaviour if you like ;) .

However, it's always important to remember the consequences of our actions and have faith in the blessings of Allah. Not to mention busying yourself and substituiting it for Qur'an. smile.gif

Anyway read this, it truly made me think:

Abdullaah Ibn Abbas (radiallahu anhu) said:

"You who commit a sin, do not feel secure about the results, for what goes along with the sin is more serious than the sin itself.

Your lack of shame before the angels, who witness you when you commit the sin, is more serious than the sin itself.

Your laughter when you sin, as you forget the punishment of Allah is more serious than the sin itself.

Your delight if you get a chance to sin, is more serious than the sin itself.

Even your disappointment, if you miss a chance to sin is more serious than the sin itself."

Iffah   

Oh good!People I can relate to.

I'm in the same boat as you all. I don't consider myself a big Music fanatic...but I want to quit it all together, and I can't seem to do it yet. You know the trouble for me is when I get into the car. When I'm at home, I can occupy myself with other things...but when I'm driving, especially alone....the radio is my company.

The only time I can resist listening to Music all together is during Ramadan...but then I slowly go back to my old habit when it's over redface.gif

Iffah   

Rahiima Masha Allah!...I'm gonna try to follow in your footsteps smile.gif

Jizak Allah for those lil reminders...I'll keep them in mind insha allah.

Yeah unfortunately i cant quite stop listening to music. They time i did manage to cut down on my intack (and indeed for awhile become completly oblivious to what was the latest song) i had to endure listen to somali music or arab music in my, or my friends house.

So inshallah in the long run it will not be a part of my life....but for know i cant stop listening to it with the enviorment am in.

SALAMU ALAYKUM,

MUSIC IS IDLE TALK AND A TACTIC OF SHAYDAN TO LURE PEOPLE TO FILTHY ACTS AND MIND CONTROL. RESISTING TEMPTATION IS EASY READ THE QURAN. SUBHANALLAH WHY MEMORISE THE SATANIC LYRICS AND SHOW OFF INSTEAD MEMORISE KITAABU ALLAH.

YOU KNOW THE TUNES OF HIPHOP ARE TRUELY SAD...FOOLS MAKE THEMSELVES UP TO BE ALL TOUGH AND ALL AND CALL THEMSELVES NIGGA THIS AND NIGGA THAT AND TELL PATHETIC LIES TO MAKE OTHERS ENTERTAINED. WHEN ONE BEGINS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE QURA'AN YOU LOVE IT AND OPENS UP TO YOU LIKE A FLOWER BLOSSOMING. I MEAN CHECK OUT THE RECITATION OF THIS DUDE, HE IS HEAVY NA'MEAN :D

CLICK ON SURAT WAQIA ON THE BELOW LINK :)

Salah Abu Khatir

P.S. I TRY TO KEEP IN MIND IF YOU ARE WILLING TO QUIT ANYTHING FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH, ALLAH WOULD HELP YOU NO DOUBT!

I NEED TO REFORM MYSELF WALAHI LATELY I BEEN LAXING KEEP THESE TOPICS COMING MY FRIENDS.

BARAKA ALLAHU FEEKUM smile.gif

Blessed   

^^ In Sha Allah!

Rahiima, sweetie thank you for that. I guess, there is no excuse now. I'll follow your tips. Jizak Allah ;)

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Shujui I can relate with you soo much right now because I don't know what the latest songs are right know(I found out who was 50 cents yesterday!). However, I strongly agree with Mujahid that instead trying to memorize shaytanic lyrics, we should memorize the word of Allah. Rehima, sister I applaud you for your accomplishment and stay stubborn. There have been a lot of things I've changed instantly and music is the hardest and when I listen to it I feel so guilty because I know Allah is watching as I basically commit a seemingly harmless sin for me.I guess we all have our jihads, I look forward to my struggle and know that Allah doesn't assign any soul more than it can cope with.

I'm an addict y'all. I wake up, work, study, and sleep with music. It's a problem because I know better. One thing I'm doing is resisting to purchase CD's, from couple a year to almost none last year. I try to listen to positive music without explicit lyrics which is alot better than listening to 50cents or the latest Jay-Z. Yet, I know it needs to stop.

Enuff with the excuses!

As Shujui stated, I don't expect to keep this habit of mine in the long run.

Rahima   

Ilham & Ameenah:

Wa iyaakum sisters, smile.gif .May Allah help you in your endeavour to worship him. May He bless us all with the strength of character to overcome the whisperings of shaytan, because God knows we need it.

Haneefah   

Ilahaam...I can so relate to you...it's the damn cars, I can't drive without listening to music...it's hindi music though :( I guess it's all the same....May Allah help us all!!