Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

What Is The Right Way Forward For 'Somaliland?

AYOUB   

^^ Fair enough. The question still stands; What Is The Right Way Forward For Awdal /Somaliland?

I think the likes of Ikraan X Daaud should be given the chance to govern. What say you?

AYOUB   

^^ Don't know how is the honest answer. I remember this one because I think so highly of the lady and the people who backed her. That's another tobic soo mahaa?

stoit   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^^ Fair enough. The question still stands; What Is The Right Way Forward For Awdal /Somaliland?

I think the likes of
should be given the chance to govern. What say you?

I think we should ask louise lane to shout help and let clark kent run to our aid. Let superman do the job for us.

Maybe he can even even spin the world the oposite direction and turn back time to before Siad bare came to poweer. We can then all start afresh... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

AYOUB   

^^ You've got me slightly worried. Nice to meet you.

Che

You asked me how I remember THESE TOPICS. My answer I DON'T KNOW HOW. I just remember like other non-pot smoking folks. I went on to exblain how this particular topic rang a bell. I everything clear or are you still confused?

stoit   

AYOUB

I thought we all have a joke...comic relief.

Nice to meet you too sxb

And louise lane nice to meet you. smile.gif

Ayoub,

First I think that the north can be a great example to the rest of the country on many aspects. Their will to keep peace and negotiate on certain matters is nothing short of incredible. I also believe that their ability to maintain peace in their area shows that they are willing to work together for a better tomorrow. Thus they shouldn't spent time on a seperating from the rest of the country, they can use that to built a stronger country. So the right way forward for Awdal to stand up to its neighbor and reclaim there place in their country.

Our forefathers fought for the flag, to free the land, and today separating in the way of the colonizer is the answer? I think thats an insult to all the great men and women who died for this country.

As for Ikraan X Daaud, I have respect for her accomplishments. I believe women should be given more opportunity in the political arena. Her work here in the north will hopefully be the foundation to what can be achieve in Somalia by women once this war is over.

Che,

I appreciate the compliment walaal, now lets see if I dont disappoint you with my crazy antics smile.gif

Aduun iyo aakhiro,

You are too hilarious. Didn't you get the memo, in the 2008 version; Lois Lane fly's alone, she beats up the bad guys and is the reporter as well. She does it all smile.gif

Anyway, likewise nice to meet you too walaal

Gediid   

Lois

I think you are forgetting how far back the North was before the civil war compared to the rest of Somalia.If you look meesha eey maanta mareyso iyo meeshey tagneyd under the last recognized govt of Somalia and add the war and devastation that took place into the equation it will amase all.However comparative haddi aad ka dhigtid sheekada I believe Awdal is right on track to compete equally with any other state within Somaliland and that is in large part to its citizens just like Hargeysa.The one state I feel has been neglected long is Sanaag the largest state in terms of land in Somaliland.Taasna dadkeeda ayey u taalaa in eey ka tashaadan just like they have done in Hargeysa and Awdal.

PS

As far as the issue of Somaliweyn goes I think xikmad Ilaah baa tidhaa qofna ma badelmo as long as they are not willing to change.Folks in the north have chosen a path to peace and similarly I wish for the folks in the South to choose the same but its highly unlikely for someone from the North to impose that on them so long as it does not come from within their hearts.The day they choose to live in peace then thats the day when Somalis can talk of things like unity but till that day comes I believe Somaliland is better off where it is.

PPS

If you feel Awdal is missing out on its share of the national pie I think the blame lies on none other than his Excellency Mudane Madaxweyne Dahir Riyaale.He is after all from there and he does the budget allocation every year :D

Abwaan   

Inay ka noqdaan goosashadaan ay ku waasheen ee aan meelna geyneyn ee ay Soomaalida inteeda kalena nabadda horseed ugu noqdaan oo xitaa anigu shakhsi ahaan happy ayaan ku ahay haddii Caasimadda iyo Madaxweynenimaba ay isku darsanayaan haddii ay ummadda caddaalad ku maamulayaan.

Gediid,

I understand that the north was in a poor situation in many ways under Siad's regime. However, dont fall into the illusion. Just because certain in parts people are not dying on a daily basis and hotels are built left and right, doesnt equal to prosperity. It is the responsibility of the government to built a heatlh system and badly needed infrastructures.

While its great that the diaspora pours its hard earned money to help its country and its citizens, the responsability is not theres. Furthermore, this would be fine, if this pathetic administration was not out asking for money and help from other countries in the name of the northern citizens.

In regards to Awdaal, while I picked that example, I also believe that many other cities and entire regions are neglected. This does not mean that their citizens are less willing to help themselves, it simply means that this administration does not help those that need it.

Last about the so-called president, if you mean that due to his qabiil he should be able to help better his region (Awdaal), I dont reason that way. Being affiliated qabiil wise means nothing if your not going to help your country as a somali first. Thus Somali first then whatever qabiil you belong to should come in second.

Aduun,

Thank you smile.gif

Lois,

As I said before, I'm not going to sit here and discuss projects. Its a tit for tat. What is at stake here is, how can all of Somaliland prosper. If you can't stomach giving 2 % of the revenues to Lascanood, simply because you're being regionalist how on earth can you discuss pan-somalis? Your argument just doesn't cut the mustard. If Somaliland is acheiving better than the TFG, so far any logical person would hold Somaliland dear. However, you'll say but Somalia might not always be like the TFG, and I'm saying Somaliland will not always have administrations that are so corrupt they haven't done anything for the country. In any case, even if I was to discount the fact that Awdal is ahead of Sool and Sanaag, and Togdheer - as you know Togdheer still uses the old Somali Shiling that reacks havoc on its economy- and even ahead of Berbera ( who even though the majority of the revenue comes from it, has not seen any kind of development since Somaliland reclaimed its sovereignty) and believed you that Awdal is getting a raw deal. I must tell you, that its been long a precedent that the sitting president doesn't do much for his region lest people cry neptotism. As a result, Berbera is now alomst a ghost town because the previous president was from there. Nevertheless, this adminstration has promised a lot of regions roads, ceerigaabo - burco, burco-odweyne, odweyne-hargeisa, dilla-borama, borama-lowyacado. Even the electricty plant you talk about in Berbera was just proposed, like many things, like the national radio, all hype. However, what Somaliland has delivered is peace. And because of that, just recently the local governments of both Berbera, Hargeisa and Borama were able to build roads. Not from anywhere else, but a joint venture between the local municipality and the people. When you have peace you can do anything. Also, Burco is getting better and people are more and more taking ownership as was the case in building a bridge for themselves. The next place we shoudl be focusing on is Sool and Sanaag, if you can't stomach that, then I can't help you. Your talk of Somali Unity is hallow if you can't even wish to help out your neighbours.

By the way you don't have to take my word for it-Just look at the world bank ranking of Somaliland /SOmalia. Hargeisa is first. Banadir is Second. Awdal is 3rd. Togdheer, then Sanaag, then Bari, then Sool.

Aduun iyo Akhiro, the issue is not about Siad Barre. Somaliland tasted what Somalia has to offer, under democracy, under dictatorship, under anarchy, under foreign occupation, all it provides is poison to Somaliland. You can keep your TFG that you praise and your occupation and you can sing with any one who is deluded enough to sing KUMBAYAA MY LORD with you.

Abwaan, we already have a capital and a president, even if we don't like the pot holes in our capital's streets, or find our president lacking in many areas. You my friend do not count, its between the majority of Somaliland citizens who want to continue on their long march to dejure sovereignty, and those 5 percenters that are trying our course. As you can tell from the reality on the ground, what you think or want is irrelavant smile.gif All the hoping might help if you hoped for helping you get out of ethiopian occupation. Charity begins at home.