Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Sharif’s criterion for selecting PM

Meiji   

''1- does not chew qat, smoke cigars or drink alcohol (having a history of doing any those things does not help either)

2- is proficient in English as Sharif is challenged in that department

3- satisfies 4.5, as Sharif’s short-term mission is not to change the charter

4- appeases both the muqaawamah and opposition group as represented by Yey supporters ''

-------------------------

WHY should Puntland be appeased?

Somaliland has been the biggest opposition faction to every Somali paper government since 1991, and nobody said they needed to be appeased.

What makes Puntland any different?

Sh.Shariif needs to focus on the real problem: South Somalia and appoint someone who actually has a support base in the South.

^^Adeer PL, unlike SL, wants to play politics in teh south. Besides Sharif needs thier support at this time. Sida dadka qaarkii Sharif maaha nin cuqdad soomaali u qaba, dawlad buu rabaa awoowe.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

There is an arab proverb yaa Duco man:
man rakiba ximaarayni shaqqa duburah
:D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Heh@Xiin..a proverb right up Ducaysane's street.
:D
(not to mention that the current Somali leader would also approve of the subtext).
:D:D

:D @ the subtext.

if you are implying what I think you are, (ignoring the clever insult)you have a much deeper understanding of clans in the south .. then I would have previously given you credit for.

ilayn qosolka waxbaad ku qarisaa ninyahow

Sophist   

Xiinoow, runtii hadaan ogaan lahaa in ra'yigeyga kaliya uu wax badeli karo meesha goor horaan tegi lahaa- one needs a team in this game.

Laakiin, I guess for the next two years I have decided to try and influence from afar. Insha Allah when I move to Dubai we will be close to the action and perhaps our influence could be more potently felt.

Juje, naga sii hormar.

Sophist

PS: I see SOL political lobby in the making!!

Meiji   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Adeer PL, unlike SL, wants to play politics in teh south. Besides Sharif needs thier support at this time. Sida dadka qaarkii Sharif maaha nin cuqdad soomaali u qaba, dawlad buu rabaa awoowe.

Wanting and actually playing are two different things.

To have someone from Baay/Bakool or Gedo as PM is more worth to Southern Somalia then having a Pm from Puntland just to appease them.

If Puntland wants to take a similar position as in pre-2004, so be it sxb.

The mission is fixing Southern Somalia, and to accomplish that we need people who can make a difference in the South.

That is if effectiveness is your criteria instead of an appeasement policy.

Also, why haven't all paper governments taken an appeasement policy towards Somaliland? Perhaps that would bring back majority of Somaliweyn minded folks from that region on board.

^^lol@ drinks like fish. I have never heard Galaydh's balwad. I thought he was very clean as far as having balwad goes. He may not get along with the good sheekh though

Peace Action, that's interesting candidate. I heard he is Jabbuuti.

Sophist   

Erase in defence of Aliyah uncle! Galaydh does not drink anything that has alcohol in it! however, he does like water and drinks like a fish smile.gif