Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Bob, Northerner, Shujui, 187, Nuune.....

SoMa_InC   

Has anybody seen/heard about Bob lately? Is he not replying coz his Arsenal side is under-performing? I hope he is doing fine and in good health.

Viking   

Five Rossoneri in FIFPro Awards :D

Anyone saw the FIFpro World XI Player Awards? Seems like professional players (the 38,000 or so who voted) admire AC Milan players and love the way they play football. Five Milan players were chosen in the best XI of the world; Chelsea had three players, Barcelona had two and Real Madrid had one player.

1. Dida (AC Milan)

2. Cafu (AC Milan)

3. Nesta (AC Milan)

4. Terry (Chelsea)

5. Maldini (AC Milan)

6. Makelele (Chelsea)

7. Lampard (Chelsea)

8. Zidane (Real Madrid)

9. Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

10. Eto'o (Barcelona)

11. Shevchenko (AC Milan)

...oh, and Ronaldinho was voted the best player in the world by the players.

N.O.R.F   

THat poll was a load of cr*p, apart from a few players, the rest was absolute twash!

I dont know where the 36000+ players came from but it seams to me that they only the CL and no domestic games at all.

Viking   

Northerner,

Every awards has its controversy, but the players have spoken! There are other players that could have made the team...the likes of Cannavaro, Ibrahimovic, Gerrard etc. But who would you remove from the line-up and who would take their places?

I would remove Lampard for Gerrard - Eto'o for Henry - Dida for Cech/Buffon. This poll is a load of sh8t. How can u have dida as a number 1 goalie?? When there is Cech and Buffon. For all his good qualities for me Lampard would make way Gerrard? Even if we follow what northener is saying I would pick gerrard because it was him who lifted his team in CL Final, wasn't it??

SoMa_InC   

I watched the awards but I was amazed Chelsea was the only premier league team to have appeared on the first team list.

This is what I think of the awards:

1. Dida (AC Milan)...........Dont deserve..Peter Cech is number 1 to me

2. Cafu (AC Milan)........Dont deserve...Dont know who would take his place.

3. Nesta (AC Milan)......Deserves to be there

4. Terry (Chelsea).....Great team leader....Well deserves.

5. Maldini (AC Milan).....Dont deserve....I would give his place to Gabreil Hienze...

6. Makelele (Chelsea).....Well Deserves

7. Lampard (Chelsea)...Even though he was good, I would give his place to Gerrald (I hate him though)

8. Zidane (Real Madrid)....Well deserves...I want to see him appear in every footy award...Talented player.

9. Ronaldinho (Barcelona)....Well Deserves

10. Eto'o (Barcelona)......Dont know about this..

11. Shevchenko (AC Milan).....Dont know about this either.

World player of the year...Ronaldinho...deserves!

World young player of the year...Wayne Roonie...I think he deserves.

Viking   

Originally posted by OneEightSeven:

How can u have dida as a number 1 goalie?? When there is Cech and Buffon. For all his good qualities for me Lampard would make way Gerrard? Even if we follow what northener is saying I would pick gerrard because it was him who lifted his team in CL Final, wasn't it??

The four top goalkeeprs in the world are Dida, Buffon, Cech and Cassilas. Buffon thinks Dida is the best in the world and vice versa, I think both are good and it wouldn't be unfair if either won. Cech plays in a team that is extremely defensive minded (AC Milan plays 4-3-1-2, Juve plays 4-4-2 while Chelsea play 4-5-1, the Chelsea system protects the goalie the most).

Gerrard could also feature, but L'pool lifted the cup as a team (in my view, Carragher was the best player in the final for L'pool team - he had the most cramps, lool). As I said earlier, everyone has opinions on awards.

Soma Inc,

I realise that you were made a moderator, congrats mate, but I just hope that you don't become as biased (like you are when talking football) in doing your job.

All Chelsea players "deserved" being chosen while you "don't know" whether the European Player Of The Year deserved it? Boy you are biased!

I watched the awards but I was amazed Chelsea was the only premier league team to have appeared on the first team list.

People think the Premiership is boring, that is why AC Milan has sold 50 000 season tickets :eek: and ca. 70 000 watch Barca play small teams, while Stamford Bridge is half-empty. Several teams in England (Bolton, Man U etc.) play and some have also started copying the Chelsea style of defensive and cautious football. To add insult to injury, they want to charge 50 quid for that.

SoMa_InC   

All Chelsea players "deserved" being chosen while you "don't know" whether the European Player Of The Year deserved it? Boy you are biased!

I am sure you didnt read what I wrote earlier, here it is....

7. Lampard (Chelsea)...Even though he was good, I would give his place to Gerrald (I hate him though)

Viking I totally agree that watching Chelsea team is expensive, that is same with Man Utd and Arsenal would follow once they finish their new stadium next season. Anyways I got 2 tickets for Chelsea vs Man Utd game, so do you wanna come with me....The only problem for you would be sitting in Chelsea's side and another condition would be wearing a blue jersey...I hope that is not a big deal.

Yes I was made a Moderator and Inshallah I would not be biased and would fulfil my duties in the highest order. Remember SOL is a great place and I am glad to be among those who Moderate the site. This would go to my CV....

Mr Orgilage....Point well taken!

I agree with Viking, Soma ur too biased. Yes u did say gerrald (not gerrard but gerrald) should be ahead of lampard. Still players like makelele should give way to pirlo.

N.O.R.F   

Makalele give way to Pirlo???? :eek: Are u serious man? What is it with Gunner fans saxib, they like the overated players and diss the 'real' players. I have a freind who is always going on about Robert Pirez (i have always thought hes overated, a part from the shimy he did vs Cannavaro in the 2000Euro Final to set up Trez)

All the Milan players on that list should not be on that list. Scheva maybe, but the rest no way. Scheva had a mediocre season at club level and so di the Milan defense. How can you lose a 3 goal lead in the CL final??? :confused: and then be in the best 11 for last season? The votes were fixed i tell ya!

Canavaro should take Nesta's place, Cafu was tortured by Sun Ji Park formerly of of PSV, Lampard should be replaced by Stevie G, Dida to be replaced by Cech (Even though he wasnt really tested enough).

Anyway, apart from that, 2nite is a CL night, enjoy!

In my opinion I would choose Pirlo over Makalele any day. Pirlo not only does what Makalele does but contributes with goals and creativity. Now, have you ever seen a defensive midfielder with such skill? His freekick, shots and ability to beat players abilities are incomparable to old claude.

Besides, whats with you getting all UPSET about this, im sure if i said xabi alonso u'd be over the moon. Pires is not over-rated, its just his time has gone and he is gettin on in age. I think the only reason he is there is because hleb is still adapting, half way thru the season he will lose his place to Hleb. And by the way, dnt u remember that goal he scored against ur team in our unbeaten season, it went like zoooooooom past poor dudek.

N.O.R.F   

It is your opinion saxib and a good one at that but Makalele is the man in central midfield, Didi Hamman comes a close 2nd (not being baised at all)even though he getting old. Who toke Germany to the final in 2002? He made a mistake in the final though to let in Ronaldo :rolleyes:

Pirlo is over=rated in my book, he has skills no doubt but i thought Gattuso was Milan's anchor man? :confused:

Just saw Barca destroy Udinese, bring on the Russians!

Hold it right there!!! Hamann?Hamann? How could you actually compare hamann to pirlo? You actually put hamann ahead of pirlo? I can name sooooo many other players that would go waaaaay ahead of didi. Besides he was about to get kicked out of the pool team if he didn't do what he did in the final coz his contract was running out. I think our little convo is over man, u obviously are seriously ill or high of some sorta drug.