Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadishu: Warlords Vs Courts :

Xarago   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

islam can be the final solution that somalis have longed for?

That is the only part I agree with you in your statement. But our differences lie in your assumption that the change is already in motion while I think exactly to the opposite in saying the change has not even yet started. What we are currently seeing in Somalia ,particularly in your hood walalo, is some organisations who have taken the path of restoring peace in the area through the approach of Islamic way. While in reality they have completely mis-represented the 'tarikh' and going the wrong way about it.Now that is not due that they are ignoirant or no knowledge of what they want to implement but rather the fact they want to implent it but with a way that suits them and their interest.

Yes Xoogsaade as you say Islam is more peculiar in Somalia now than it ever was, but my understanding of that is that so many inviduals have adhered more to the practice of their religion than ever before. However having said that there is the absence of a leadership that meets their aspiration ,needs and hunger for the 'Right Path' which is Islam.

I hope you can agree with me now or even later when you come to realise that the so called Islamic courts in Somalia are not capapble of taking the mantle to lead the Somali people who are hungry for Islamic way of life.

Xoogsade   

Xarago, thanks for your time. I agree with your statement that these courts are not ready to rule the country and lead somalis. That is not what they were formed for. Each clan in Xamar came up with its own court originally to address own clan problems. Subsequently, after their numbers swelled, they formed an umbrella. I haven't heard them engage in any conflict before except few times when certain clan courts undertook some tasks and in the process got into dispute and clashes with antagonists who opposed their community service. A case in point, Lambar Afar used to be a location where alcohol was brewed, drugs sold and people felt unsafe doing business in the area. Even traffic flow was hampered because the thugs set up shop right on the intersection. So people requested the support of the court who had clan relations with the majority of drug dealers and thugs in the area. The courts cleaned up the place and brought the needed changes. These are what the courts in Xamar do when they have the opportunity to do something. They have undertaken some controversial missions in Xamar, but most of the time their mission were community inspired and they were asked to help.

Anyway, to me, these courts are important community police, they should be strengthened and supported. At the end of the day, the courts are clan affliated and they can not wage a war on any community or clan. This was demonstrated recently when the courts invited Qanyare's clan for consultation and to express their concerns. The courts were after one of their own who had committed a crime against defenseless sheekhs and whose home the courts raided before to arrest him.

Thanks for your time again and you have more reasonable thoughts and views than I expected ;)

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Zaylici:

How did you know that qanyare or islamic courts have killed this or that; it takes years of police work to identify the individual who committed a murderer; since non of you have the means to investigate the matters, your veiws appear to based on your passionsn or religious beliefs rather than on cold reason and evidance; I was reminded this: person's interest or group's interest rules supreme in political matters.

WHy not be clear on that?

This is the norm for SOL regulars, buddy. The same person making allegations against the 'hypocrisy' of wadaad's today will come up with Hadiths to discourage others doing the same against the 'elders' he supports. The warlords' cheerleader who supported his adeero when he was handing over the 'Al Itixaad' members to Ethiopians is today a die-hard 'Islamic courts' campaigner. And so it goes....

Paragon   

The courts claim victory, aint this something? :D I guess my support has now materialized. Kudos to the courts.

Today a new front opened up in the exhausting and hope draining civil war. Instead of talks or reconciliation we have a new alliance made up of the warlords who are now fighting
"Terrorism"
in Somalia. 1. Who asked them to fight this war. Theirs is an axis of evil.2.When will the people of Somalia learn? War is not the way... Allah we seek your divine guidance, save my people from themselves..

Oh, the wonders of time. "Terrorism" was in quotation marks, in bold, unfortunately, unlike today. Oh, qabyaalad changes danta markii la leeyahay, and nothing is spared.

The warlords -- "axis of evil" -- are now wonderful gentlemen who 'liberated' their lands from the, God forbid, 'terrorists.' :D:D

Castro   

MMA, that's enough. You've completely destroyed what little integrity this man had left. He's absolutely beyond repair now. LOL.

And this is what Castro (the "clannist") said back then in February 2006:

^ With all of my reservations about the "wadaado", I support them against the warlords. If nothing else, these men are guided by faith and not greed.

Who's the clannist and opportunistic flip-flopper now, Duke?

Castro   

^ Since the emperor (or duke in this case) is naked, you should take a break from SOL. Go to Jamaica, dude. Spend some of that money they've been paying you. They have been paying you, right? If not, then all your consistent public display of lack of integrity was done pro bono?

You are the qabilist of course!. For refusing to support an internationally recognised Govt[Comprised of Warlords] & invaded its own nation using Habashi Tanks to come to its very own Capital city. How dare you pose that question to the Noble Duke?

LOL. Lets search for Fiqi's, Xalane's & Xaar Nugal as well as the rest of the puppet govt supporters. We already know about Horn's Position so no Need. LOL

Dhubad.   

^MMA, the warlords and the CIA created this mayhem, there were no foreign fighters and "Terrorism" in Somalia before Qabablayaasha embarked on this war!

I blame them of all the things that are happening now!

Meiji   

MMA

The warlords forgot to mention that it was them who prolonged the anarchy and lawlessness and on top of that exported wadaado for cash. Such a situation forces decent wadaado into the arms of Al Qaida. As a consequence they are forced to enlist the support of foreign Jihadi fighters.

Lets not confuse cause and consequence.

To those who play a game of vindication:

- Dictator Siad Barre has not been vindicated by what happened post-1991.

- Warlords have not been vindicated by what happened post-2006

- A.Yusuf has not been vindicated by what happened post-2008/9.

They still remain guilty for we all remember the crimes they committed.

Meiji   

On another note:

I was from day one opposed to religious pretenders despite their sweet retorics.

And the events that unfolded since 2006 have proven me correct.

The religious pretenders have contributed to:

- The unimagined human displacement since 1991.

- A massacre of civilians unseen since 1991.

- A level of destruction unseen since 1991.

- A more darker political future for Somalia

Ofcourse, I understand the bloody nature of a revolution whether it was 1991 or 2006 one but a revolution without a stable group of leaders and a party organization that makes clear its party programme for the country is one that squanders the hope of the nation and causes unnecessary suffering and destruction.

Khayr   

If not, then all your consistent public display of lack of integrity was done pro bono?

Castro saxib, take it eassssy on him. After all, the poor lad is a humble volunteer for his party. They don't pay him enough for his undying support - Duke, the LAST MAN STANDING. :D