Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Teen talked in his yearbook about 'taking over Somalia'

Fyr   

Teen talked in his yearbook about 'taking over Somalia'

19-year-old faces terrorism charges after El Paso arrest

Associated Press

STANWOOD, WASH. - A recent Stanwood High School graduate charged with trying to send equipment to Islamic militants in Somalia caused a stir when he left a cryptic note next to his senior portrait in the 2004 yearbook.

Nineteen-year-old Mark Robert Walker's message: "My plans for world supremacy are in order. They entail taking over Somalia and working outward, but I should not divulge the exact details of my cunning strategy. In case the reader is not present to witness my future heroic death, here is my death poem: ephemeral flash/ of grenade exploding/ all shall pass this world."

Stanwood-Camano School District Superintendent Jean Shumate told the FBI about Walker's "senior square" after his Nov. 6 arrest in El Paso.

Walker is scheduled to appear at a detention hearing in El Paso on Monday. He is charged with attempting or conspiring to contribute goods or services to a specially designated global terrorist organization, which carries a maximum jail sentence of 10 years and fine of $50,000.

A Customs and Border Protection agent arrested Walker at the Paso del Norte Bridge.

Walker told federal officials he planned to buy night-vision goggles and bulletproof vests with $2,100 he was carrying, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.

The complaint says Walker told agents he would give the items to fighters with Ittihad al Islamiya and other groups that want an Islamic government in Somalia.

According to court documents, Walker apparently fled to the border after his roommate in Laramie, Wyo., where Walker attended Wyoming Technical College, told police he was using a computer to communicate with terrorist groups on the Internet.

Rahima   

^Perhaps it's what we need, an outsider to rule us considering that someone will always be unhappy for the reason that the president is not their "blood relation".

Gabbal   

:D Let's just say I had a good laugh over this while watching the local news a couple of days ago :D:D

Somalis have become so high-profile in Washington state, that now even ajnabi high schoolers are making a joke of our country :D