Sign in to follow this  
nuune

WORLD CUP 2006 GERMANY

nuune   

LIVE QUALIFIED TEAMS FOR THE WORLD CUP

This is the talking point of

WORLD CUP 2006 GERMANY

New faces will be joining in the world cup in Germany, but old faces would be there as well,

What do you think, as far as I can see, it won't be an enjoying world cup, they said, Sweden is the Favorite to win the world cup, good for them, they already killed Malta by 6 goals, no hope for france, forget about england, the hosts are in the 20 ranking.

In Asia, the Saudis will be in, and I think Iran would be there as well,

In Africa, it looks like Togo, Cote d'lvoire, South Africa, Nigeria and Morocco will be coming to Germany,

In Europe, the Netherlands, italy, Poland, Ukrain, France, Portugal, spain is in danger position at the moment, few others from Europe as well.

In South America, Argentina is rocking, Brazil too is kicking, the two will come no doubt, the catching two are Ecuador and Paraguay

On the other side, it looks like the USA and Mexico.

In Oceana, the two play offs are Australia and Solomon Island

I hope it won't be a boring world cup.

Viking   

LOL@ Sweden. I don't think they will win but they might go far. I'm hoping to see Ivory Coast in the WC, with Toure, Drogba et al. Brazil and Argentina look the strongest, if they could have two teams each in the tournament, the four would probably meet in the semis :D

nuune   

Ivory coast would be a mighty team if they come to the WC.

heey viking, but the myth that Sweden would win the cupp is true, everyone is saying that, so I have no choice except to believe it, so tell us more about your swedish team, are they stronger than the hosts?

Viking   

nuune,

The Swedish team is quite balanced and doesn't have a lot of flair like most teams. Their goalie Andreas Isaksson is world class, he was at Juve a couple of seasons ago and left because of lack of first team football (plays in France nowadays).

The defence is made up two players from the Swedish league; Lucic who used to play for Leverkusen and Alexandersson who used to play for Everton. The other two are from the Premiership; Edman of Tottenham on the left and Mellberg of Aston Villa in central defence.

Their strength is really in midfield; they play the diamond formation like no other team in the world. Sven even brought this style to England but the English journalists don't like it. It might not be fancy but it is always difficult to beat a team with a functioning diamond formation.

They have three key players in midfield; Wilhemsson (Anderlecht), Ljungberg (Arsenal), these two are very offensive on the flanks and Källström (Rennes of France) who plays very similar to Scholes, behind the forwards. Linderoth (Everton) is the natural defensive midfielder for the Swedish team, he plays in front of the defence.

The forwards are also good, usually spearheaded by Zlatan (of Juve) and Larsson (of Barca). These two are the first choice but there are three other quite decent forwards who are ready to come in like Rosenberg who went to Amstserdam today to sign for Ajax and Elmander who has played for both Feyenoord and also Bayern Munich.

This team might not look very good on paper but they work very hard together and are very difficult to beat. Look at a team like Spain, they have world class players on almost every position but they the Swedes always do better than them in major tournaments because they are a better unit. Most of their players play much better with the national team than they do for their clubs, the only exception is probably Ljungberg who plays better with his Arsenal.

I know this is more info than necessary :D but what the heck...

PS: I saw the Brazil-Paraguay game today, can't wait for the Brazil-Argentina game this week. Argentina are under pressure after losing in Equador. The altitude is so high there that most teams can't cope.

Peace.

SoMa_InC   

lol@Sweden are the favourites. Damn, I dont see them reaching the quaters.

Anyways any of you lot watched yesterday's qualifiers.

The Holland vs Romania game was good. Lots of skills from both teams. Holland won 2 nil. I am glad Aryen Robben scored a superb goal and Chelsea's main man was a threat to Romania's defense.

The game to watch is on Wednesday, Brasil playing Argentina. Crutial match in deed. I wanna see Argentina hold on to their led in the table.

Peace.

nuune   

Japan booked their place at a third consecutive FIFA World Cupâ„¢ finals.

Iran became the second Asian heavyweight to qualify for next year's World Cupâ„¢ finals.

Good analysis Viking, I go with Sweden, they will take over all the headlines of the World Cup next year.

ps:

Current FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking Somalia: 189 position

SoMa_InC   

^^^^^^^^looool Is that the Last position or Second to last?

Did you watch the Brasil vs Argentina match?....What a breath-taking game!! Argentina trashed Brasil 3-1 and that result confirmed their participation in next years world cup.

nuune   

^^^^soma lool, I think we are happy with 189 position, when you see this African country São Tomé e Príncipe they are 195 position, so we are happy :D

Saudi Arabia and Korea republic are in as well, together with Japan and Iran, they are the Asian quartet

Argentina showed they can do something interesting in the world cup next year!

nuune   

^^^ Capital, the Swedish are the second ni the group with Croats top now by one point, they are doing well, they have GOOD players, I think Larson didn't retire, him and Ibrahimovich scored many goals, the two can make BIG difference.

Sweden isnt just about larsson, if you havent noticed ibrahimovic has replaced him. But they still suck to be honest. Paraguay, Argentian and Brazil, one will come out (England the wildcard)

nuune   

I was very dissapointed indeed, the french beat Ireland by one goal, that Henry will cost us our world cup qualifier, but not yet, and as Switzerland won by 3 goals with Cypros, and Isreal beat Faro Island.

England was beaten by Northern Ireland by one goal,

here are the games of tongiht:

The result and the latest

nuune   

Soma, sxb, I don't think they will sack him, for one reason, and that is--there is no manager available to take his place, another word, they will keep the convert-to-celebrity manager,

I believe the media is responsible of Ericson's job even if he get sacked, the media put him too much pressure on his private life, this is not entertainment, let the man do his JOB

SoMa_InC   

Sxb I dont think the British Media is responsible for his actions. Remember this guy had a partner and he cheated on her. The FA Boss who quit his job also had a fling with the Faria Alam, who Sven Erikson has an affair with at the same time.

And to make the matter worse, when everything has been settled (where Faria and the FA Boss lost their job)the media found out that he has been again cheating on his wife/partner with Faria.

I think Sven is responsible for his actions. By holding a position like that, he should think twice.

Their is a Conspiracy that the Brits think that they can win the world cup in Germany and they want an English man to win it for them. Remember last week's headlines where Becks and Rooney had a fight and the media reported that Sven was stunned and couln't do anything and they highlighted that it was the assistant manager, McClaren who settled the mess that has been created.

I think Sven should be allowed to take England to the world cup and be given all the authority to choose players that he likes but I think his days are numbered and time is running out for him...