Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Announcement for a Meeting at HOUSE OF COMMONS

Sophist   

Dear Nomads,

We cordially invite you to attend a meeting organised by Somali Co-ordinating Committee (SSC in conjunction with Liberty and its MP members.

Please clear your diaries on the 29th of March. It would be Monday and the time would be 7:30-930pm.

The actual Committee Room number would be later confirmed.

------

Recieved via the Head of Media and Communication of SSC Mr ASJ. Liberty

Sophist   

For those who were mesmerised by the wensday's spectacle then perhaps this would be an apportunity that will enchant their soul.

Indeed -

Dawlada ingiriiska oo la kulmi doontaa xubno ka mid ah Jaalliyadda Sool Sanaag Bari iyo Cayn ee ku dhaqan waddankan Ingiriiska

London (Radiolascaanod) 18.03.2004 Khamiis Warar aanu ka helnay ilo lagu kalsoon yahay ayaa tibaaxaya inay jiraan abaabulo ay Wadaan dadka u dhashay Jaalliyada SSC.

Bishan dabayaaqadeeda dawlada ingiriiska waxay martiqaadyo u fidisey xubno ka tirsan deegaanada SSC ee ku dhaqan wadankan ingiriiska, isla markaasina si buuxda uga tirsan maamul goboleedka Puntland, waxaanay kulankaasi ku lafa guri doonaan arimo xaasaasi ah oo la xidhiidha masiirka Ummadaasi.

Xubnahaasi ka socda Jaalliyada SSC waxay sidoo kale soo hor dhigi doonaan qaraaro cad cad oo ku muujinayaan fikirkooda siyaasiga ah iyo mowqifka cad ee ay ka taagan yihiin Midnimada Ummadda Soomaaliyeed oo agtooda ka ah Lama taabtaan iyo wax aan gorgortan gelin.

Wixii ka soo kordha waanu idin la soo socodsiin doonaa

Radio Laascaanood

Soomaaliya

Blessed   

Originally posted by Sophist:

For those who were mesmerised by the wensday's spectacle then perhaps this would be an apportunity that will enchant their soul.

I am rather mystified and disappointed at Sophists misuse of the SCC meeting.

The SCC is a working group set up to enable Somalis in the UK to highlight the problems faced by the community based in the UK. It consists of several groups, covering various areas such as education, health, racism … including a working group on Somaliland (HA!).

I wasn’t aware that the SCC took up the job of uniting Somalia :confused: I thought that was left to the guys in Kenya. Perhaps, Mr Sophist wants elaborate on the change of SCC’s focus – from tackling Social issues in the UK to dealing with Somalia’s political problem.

What is the obsession with Somaliland? How is last week’s demonstration and Riyales visit related to the SCC? Why did you have to go there bro?

To The Nomads,

Please, attend the meeting as it deals with the problems faced by our community (all those who are ethnic Somalis – regardless of their political ideology) in the UK.

Sophist   

Salamu Alaikum,

Walaaleey, hade warka aad kobtan kusoo qortey hade waa war saxan; laakiin hade anigu goormaan iri cutubkan ayaa wuxuu mideenahayaa Soomaali oo idil.

Sababta aan arinkaan usoo darxiyey waxa weeye in hade dadka indhohoodu kuweyn yihiin daartan Westminster bal iney ogaadaan in lagu shiraayi inaaney wax saas usii weyn ayna aheyn.

SCCna hade walaashiis waad saad usheegtayoo urur siyaasiyadeed ma uu aha; ee waa urur utaagan hormarinta mujtamaca soomaaliyeed ee ku dhaqan wadankaan Boqotooyada ah ee aanu haatan deganahay.

Maadaama aan kamid ahay xilqaadayaasha garabka saxaafada iyo hormarinta sumcada dadkeena; hade waxaa ii muuqatey maandhey xilkeyga guto.

Maandhey, obsessionkan iyo waxaad sheegeysaayi waa maxaya?

Mandheey I hope this clarifies stuff for you.

Nabad.

Blessed   

oh boy o'boy! some people think this is a school age game..."they did it... lets do it too"

Actually, the SCC has been running for over a year now. The group was started by Islington's MP - Jeremy Corbyn and they have been having meetings in the House of Commons. Now, the SCC does a great deal of work in bettering circumstances of The British Somali Community.

Sophist is pulling a 'show off' stunt and is making the nomads aware of the fact that any one can go into the House of Commons (including himself) - hence belittling Mr. Riyaale's visit last week. Childish, I say :rolleyes:

Sophist,

People were not fascinated by the building itself but by the prospect of getting recognition for Somaliland. I find it interesting that you never shared details of the former SCC meetings with the nomads. For that reason, your intention is clear.

As for my comment on unifying of Somalis, apologies, you didn’t say that. However, I was going by what was written in Samurai’s Press release. I assumed that you were in agreement, since you generally agree with Samurai and the fact that you failed to correct him. Furthermore, considering the constant skirmish with regards to unity between the nomads, you could have approached the invitation more sensitively.

My problem, with how you presented this meeting is that it misrepresents the SCC and that there is a risk of putting people off attending. I'm sure, there is more to the meeting than a mere appreciation of the architectural works of the building, wouldn’t you agree?

I was wondering why the SCC meeting was being publicised in the politics section!

Ayoub,

The Somali Co-ordinating Committee is made up of representatives of 13 different working groups, who as Ameenah mentioned, have been researching the problems Somalis in the UK encounter in every possible sphere and putting forward policy recommendations for future action.

This up-coming meeting is the 5th one of its kind. I havent received the meeting agenda yet, however, since the SCC are in the middle of organising a national conference to draw attention to the needs of the Somali community and better ways of meeting them, I'm sure thats what the meeting will be concentrating on.

Suldaanka,

This meeting and the SCC have nothing to do with Somali/Somaliland politics. They are only concerned with issues relating to the social problems affecting British-Somalis.

Ameenah

Thanks for the clarification.

Sophist

Walaalo, the SCC has enough problems as it is. Let us not add to it, ok? smile.gif

Londoners,

The meeting is open to all. So do attend Insha'Allah.

Gediid   

Its good hear that Somalis in the UK are working together towards a better society and are exploring solutions to their common problems.This topic I believe is better suited in the general section of the forum so that the larger populace benefit from it.Its however unfortunate that certain people would politize such events without really comprehending the magnitude of their actions.I think its in the best interest of those concerned to show a concerted effort to thwart any such individuals and their negative actions.

Good luck to all those involved and thanks a million to Ameenah and DnD for highlighting the importance of this meeting.

DraGon   

Ameenah, DnD

Thanxx for the clarification...Sophist report was vague and misleading I thought SCC was a political organization formed by Somaliweyn Camp to thwart the ambitions of Somalilander recognition.

Sophist

Whats your position in SCC????

Gabbal   

Ameenah abaayo although agreeing very much with what you had to say, I would say there has been a misunderstanding between you and Sophist.

Sophist posted an invitation to Somalis, regardless of political ideology, from his beginning post. If you go back and read Samurai's post, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Sophists. smile.gif

I don't believe Sophist even commented about Samurai's radio laascaanood post.

Blessed   

^^^Darling, I've already settled that with Sophist ... in my second post I wrote the following...

As for my comment on unifying of Somalis, apologies, you didn’t say that. However, I was going by what was written in Samurai’s Press release. I assumed that you were in agreement, since you generally agree with Samurai and the fact that you failed to correct him. Furthermore, considering the constant skirmish with regards to unity between the nomads, you could have approached the invitation more sensitively.

I don't know why reer LA are being told about the SCC meeting. I'm sure they have more urgent concernes than what Londoners are doing for themselves...

Sophist   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Sophist is pulling a 'show off' stunt and is making the nomads aware of the fact that any one can go into the House of Commons (including himself) - hence belittling Mr. Riyaale's visit last week. Childish, I say :rolleyes:

Ciyaalnimo aah? Aniga hade foodleyda lama aan tirsado. Foodley=ciyaal=child=childish.

For the general Info I am not from LA I am from Maahirkoos, Ceerigaabo.

DnD: My darling I concur.

Nabad

Sophist   

Dragon, Aniga Shaqsi soomaaliyeed ayaan ahay oo daneynaya horumarka umadeena Soomaaliyeed ee kudhaqan Carigan ingiriiska.

So, that is my possition on SCC.