Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Quraan Club, Members Lounge

In the name of allah, the most gracious the most merciful.

I was reading this sura, fusilat last night and i took sometime to look at the english translation to understand what i was reciting:my first time to ever use an english translation. Iam a frequent reader really but I rarely understand some ayas...however iam working my way on now.

I can't really quote the whole sura that i had read but i will quote the most verses that had interested me and brought tears to my eyes.

Somewhere in the third page there was this ayaah which goes like this.

The day that the enemies of allah will be gathered together to the fire. they will be marched in ranks

and the meaning of the next verse goes like this.

(20)at length they reach the fire, their hearing, their sight and their skins will bear witness against them as to all their deeds.

(21) they will say to their skins "why bear ye witness against us?" they will say "allah hath given us speech. he who giveth speech to everything: he created you for the first time, unto him were ye return.

(22) ye did not seek to hide yourselves, lest your hearing, your sight: and your skins should bear witness against you, but ye did think that allah knew not many of the things that ye used to do.

After reading these verses and fully understanding it, I broke to tears knowing and remembering all the danbi that I had did intentionally or unintentionally. the little things like wasting amounts of hours watching a show on T.V

I took quite sometime to digest what I had read and thought "how will i survive when my own flesh bears witness agianst me.this was scary walaahi.

And then i went further on reading and came a cross a soother verses than the harsh ones i have encounted earlier. I was relieved a bit.here they go.

In the case of those who say "our lord is allah" and further stand straight and steadfast, the Angles descend on them(from time to time) "fear ye not" (they suggest) "No grieve" but receive the glad tidings of the Garden of bliss, the which ye were promised.

"We are your protectors in this life and in the hereafter: there in shall ye have that you shall desire therein shall ye have all that ye ask for.

Reading this verses and fully understanding what it said, I thought to myself again and asked these questions. "am I prepared well enough to meet my lord?..the master of this universe..do i have enough hasanat to balance my scale? a reality check were they.

Lastly I came across this verse which gave me very much hope. A hospitable gift from one Oft_forgiving the most merciful

My earlier thoughts had been washed a way and now i felt peace inside me and remembered how my lord and the only lord is most merciful and most forgiving. at this stage one thing came to my mind. "repent Sundus Repent has much as you can to your lord and by allah's willing you might be among the good ones mentoined above me.

To conclude my long summery of how I felt and sharing my intimate thoughts that came across me while reading the glorious quran. I finally stumbled over this verse and i thought it was worth mentioning too. It reminded me our brother Nur may allah give him enormous ajar and house in paradise for the dawa he brings into this virtual congregations and for creating this quran club. and also to all the sisters who had encouraged him.

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to allah, works righteousness and says " I am of those who bow in islam"

Allah knows best

Asalaam aleykum

For the past two weeks have been having problems you name it healthwise, financial , unexpected presentation... and on. I found myself in a battle trying to keep my priorities straight.in the end well lost valuable time because things dont always work out the way you want and especially if youve got to do it by yourself. I even started feeling sorry for myself redface.gif Anyway to cut it short.

Alhamdullilah I found these verses of Suratul Al Imran of comfort. and will like to share with you.

Brief history, these verses were revealed after the battle of Uhud to address the Muslims of what had happened and also give them moral.

V.3.139-142 .

So do not become weak nor be sad, and you will be superior. If you are indeed true believers.

If a wound has touched you, be sure a similar wound has touched others. And so are the days [good and not so good], we give to men in turns, that Allah may test those who believe, and that he may take martyrs from among you. And Allah likes not the zallimun[wrongdoer].

And that Allah may test(purify) the beleivers(from sin) and destroy the disbeleivers.

Do you think that you will enter paradise before Allahs teststhose of you who fought (in His cause) and (also) test those who are patient?

So in the light of these verses,i came into agreement with my nafs that it was just another phase in my life.Its either i make the best of it now , be patient and take one step at a time as others do pass through these tests. Who knows they might have been worser? and its the product at the long run which is important.

Alhamdullilah managed to solve most of my problems except for an untidy apt. :(

Nur   

Sundus sis

You write "It reminded me our brother Nur may allah give him enormous ajar and house in paradise for the dawa he brings into this virtual congregations and for creating this quran club. and also to all the sisters who had encouraged him.

Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to allah, works righteousness and says " I am of those who bow in islam"

Walaalo

Jazaakellahu khairan for your duaa, I am making a duaa for you along with the angels to say "wa lakil mithl" same and even more to you sis in Islam, I hope my duaa was accepted as I made them in a heavy rain down pour, knowing the heavens and earth are connected when it is raining as the Arshul Rahman is on water, which is the secret of life and connection with our maker, may Allah SWT accept this duaa :

Allahumma ahdinaa, wahdi binaa katheeraa"

As for your observatons of Suurah Fussilat, These verses were part of my isnpiration when I wrote the popular post TEMPTATIONS, I am sure that you have read it.

I am very pleased for your steadfastness when most other Nomads have dropped ball on us alone, except for SADE.

Sade walaalo

Aala imraan in general and the verses that you have observed in particular are indeed deeply moving and reassuring to Muslims in difficult times, when wrong is being committed against our faith in a monumental ways of deception and evil. The show does not end here, nor is all pain confined in this world, it reassures that everybody is being bitten as much, the difference being that some are hoping for clemency from Allah,others are not. May Allah have a mercy on our souls and keep our feet firm on the right track of Islam , amen

Pacifist   

Bismilahi rahmani rahim

Suratul Ghafer , sura Forgiver

40.2 This revelation of the scripture is from GOD, the Almighty, the Omniscient.

[40:3] Forgiver of sins, acceptor of repentance, strict in enforcing retribution, and possessor of all power. There is no other god beside Him. To Him is the ultimate destiny.

Ya ALLAH THE MOST BENEFICIENT THE MOST MERCIFUL. SO MANY TIMES I HAVE GONE ASTRAY. When i ever i remember like days that everything in my life would go wrong i mean everything and i would ask Ya Allah please help me. We as human walah we are weak i would only ask Allah something when ever i was in need or something in my life would go wrong. Although i missed my salat and did everything. As soon as i make wudu and prayed and ask Ya ALLAH i swear in a heart bit i would get it. My point is we as human remember ALLAH when ever we are in difficulty but we tend to forget we ALLAH when everything is going alright.

Another Aya that helps me alot

Suratul Bagarah Cow

[2:277] Those who believe and lead a righteous life, and observe the Contact Prayers (Salat), and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), they receive their recompense from their Lord; they will have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

now when ever i miss salat My conscience thank God to that. I feel so guilty .

[2:255] GOD: there is no other god besides Him, the Living, the Eternal. Never a moment of unawareness or slumber overtakes Him. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. Who could intercede with Him, except in accordance with His will? He knows their past, and their future. No one attains any knowledge, except as He wills. His dominion encompasses the heavens and the earth, and ruling them never burdens Him. He is the Most High, the Great.

Allah knows best

wa alaikum salam

Welcome hasna. I believe your name is new to me(or so i thought dear) but masha allah it was great reading. walaahi you are so true that we remember allah when we are in great despair and forget his mercifulness when we are in happiness. I am also just like you and i guess most people are like that,but may allah(SWT) forgive our sins, and may we become ones who are grateful to allah's kindness all the time.

Nur jazakallahu khairan walaal for your duaa. may allah subxanahu wata'ala accept it..amiiiiiin and may allah guide us to the straight path for allah knows what is best for us.

JASMIINE   

Originally posted by sade:

For the past two weeks have been having problems you name it healthwise, financial , unexpected presentation... and on. I found myself in a battle trying to keep my priorities straight.in the end well lost valuable time because things dont always work out the way you want and especially if youve got to do it by yourself. I even started feeling sorry for myself
redface.gif

Thanks for sharing this w/ us. i've been having the same problems lately, but when i started reading the quran, reciting duca, and keeping all my prayers it seemed like all my problems are solvable and actually going away.

Good to see others are going thru the same problems. May Allah have mercy on us.

p.s. count me in Nur!

Pacifist   

Brothers and sister what happened lets not forget we made a promise to do this.

I am really depressed about the pictures of our fellow ummah the brothers and sister of Iraq.

I feel sick to my stomach but i can't sit here and say this i have to do something about it

Please lets make dua for them they really need us.

What are we if we can't do this for them. Then we are not fulfilling our rights as muslims.

This is from suratul Bakarah

[2.11] And when it is said to them, Do not make mischief in the land, they say: We are but peace-makers.

[2.224] And make not Allah because of your swearing (by Him) an obstacle to your doing good and guarding (against evil) and making peace between men, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

May Allah Have mercy on all of us.

Nur   

Maymoona sis

There is a verse in the quraan that goes like this:

" We were preoccupied with our wealth and Family"

That was the answer some people would offer Allah when they are asked why they failed short of their committment to Allah.

Allah and quraan should get our priority, even from work and family, else we will be in trouble.

Nur

Asalaam aleykum

Mine is an Amana overdue.

In these couple of months of reading,noticed that the Quran apart from being a guidance it is also a Mercy to beleivers as Allah Himself says. Thus on this light I started to collect verses from the Quran of prayers of the Prophets mentioned therein.

As the Prophets were human like us and they were choosen to perfect our religion.And like every human we make mistakes and ask Allah for Mercy. The Prophets were either Taught by Allah -Kul to say those duas or read them by theır own accord.

And from the duas we learn how to invoke to Allah in the humbliest way.

Prayers of the Prophets in the Quraan(So far the ones Ive come across)

1.Prophet Adams (AS)and Hawas dua

“….Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You can forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers.â€

Al A`raf 7: verse 23

2. Prophet Nuh (A.S) dua

“…My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and him who enters my home as a believer, and all believing men and women…..â€

Nuh 72: verse 28

3. Prophet Nuh(A.S ) dua

“O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I would indeed be one of the losers.â€

Hud 11:verse 47

4.Prophet Nuh(A.S ) dua

“…My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land.â€

Al Muminun 23:29

5 . Prophet Nuh(A.S ) dua

“O lord! I have been overcome, so help me.â€

Al Qamar 54:Verse 10

6. Prophet Ibrahims(A.S ) dua

“O my Lord! Make me one who offers prayers perfectly and also from my offsprings, our Lord! And accept my invocationâ€

Ibrahim 14:verse 40

7. Prophet Ibrahims(A.S ) dua

“Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and all the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established.â€

Ibrahim 14:verse 41

8. Prophet Ibrahims(A.S ) dua

“My Lord! Bestow hukman(religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous.â€

Ash –Shu`ara 26:verse83

9. Prophet Ibrahims(A.S ) dua

“My Lord! Grant me offsprings from the righteous.â€

As Saffat 37:verse 100

10. Prophet Ibrahims(A.S ) dua

“Our Lord! In You we put our trust, and to You we turn to repentance, and to You is our final return.â€

Al Mumtahinah 60:verse 4.

11. Prophet Ibrahims(A.S ) dua

“Our Lord! Make us not a trail for the disbelievers, and forgive us, Our Lord! Verily, You, only You are the All Mighty, the All Wise.â€

Al Mumtahinah 60:verse 5

12.Prophet Luts (A.S) dua

“My Lord! Grant me victory over the people who are Mufsidun(those who commit great crimes and sins, oppressors, tyrants, mischief-makers, corrupts).â€

Al Ankabut 28:30

13.Prophet Ismail(A.S) and Prophet Ibrahim(A.S) S dua

“Our Lord! Accept this service from us. Verily! You are the All Hearer, the All Knower.â€

Al Baqarah 2: verse 127

14.Prophet Ismail(A.S) and Prophet Ibrahim(A.S) S dua

“Our Lord! And make us submissive unto You and of our offspring a nation submissive unto You, and show us our Manasik(all the ceremonies of pilgrimage-Hajj and Umra etc) and accept our repentance. Truly, You are the One Who accepts repentance, the Most Merciful.â€

Al Baqarah 2: verse 128

15. Prophet Yaqub A.S dua

“I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah…..â€

Yusuf 12:verse 86

16.Prophet Yusuf A.S s dua

“…..The Creator of the heavens and the earth. You are my Wali (protector,guardian, helper) in this world and in the hereafter , cause me to die as a Muslim and join me with the righteous.â€

Yusuf 12:verse 101

17.Prophet Ayub A.S dua

“…. Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the most Merciful of all those who show Mercy.â€

Al Anbiya 21 :83

18.Prophet Yunus(Dhan Nun-Jonah) A.S dua

“La Ilaha illa Anta (none has the right to be worshipped but You, glorified be You) I have been of the wrongdoers.â€

Al Anbiya 21:87

19. Prophet Zachariah A.S dua

“ O my Lord! Leave me not single (childless), though You are the Best of the inheritors.â€

Al Anbiya 21:89

20.Prophet Musa s AS dua

“……Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers.â€

Al A`raf 7;verse 143

21. Prophet Musa s AS dua

“O my Lord! Forgive me and my brother, and make us enter into Your mercy, for you are the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.â€

Al A`raf 7: 151

22.Prophet Musa s AS dua

“ ….You are our wali, so forgive us and have mercy on us, for You are the best of those who forgive.â€

Al A`raf 7: 155

23. Prophet Musa s AS dua

“An ordain for us good in this world, and in the Hereafter. Certainly we have turned to You……â€

Al A`raf 7: 156

24 . Prophet Musa s AS dua

“O my Lord! Open for me my chest, and ease my task for me ; and make loose the knot from my tongue.â€

Taha 20: verses 25-27

25 . Prophet Musa s AS dua

“My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, so forgive me.â€â€¦

Al Qasas28:verse 16

26. Prophet Musa s AS dua

“My Lord! For that with which You have favoured me, I will never be a helper for the Mujrimun.â€

Al Qasas28 verse 17.

27. Prophet Musa s AS dua

“….My Lord! Truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me!â€

Al Qasas 28: verse 24

28. Prophet Musa s AS dua

“Verily , I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every arrogant who believes not in the Day of reckoning!â€

Gafir/ Al Mumin 40:verse 27

29.Prophet Suleiman AS dua

“My Lord! Inspire and bestow upon me the power and the ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves.â€

An-Naml 27:verse 19

30 .Prophet Suleiman AS dua

“My Lord! Forgive me, and bestow on me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after me. Verily, You are the bestower.â€

Sad 38: verse 35

31.Prophet Zachariah AS. dua

“O my Lord! Grant me from You, a good offspring. You are indeed the AllHearer of invocation.â€

Al Imran 3: verse 38

32. Prophet Muhammad SAW dua

“ My Lord! Judge you in truth! Our Lord is the Most Beneficent, Whose help is to be sought against that which you attribute.â€

Al Anbiya21:verse 112

33. Prophet Muhammad SAW dua

“My Lord! Let my entry be good, and likewise my exit be good. And grant me from You an authority to help me.â€

Al Isra 17:80

34. Prophet Muhammad SAW dua

“.. Allah is sufficient for me. La ilaha illa huwa(none has the right to be worshipped but He), in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne.â€

At Tauba 9:129

35. Prophet Muhammad SAW dua

“ O Allah! Creator of the heavens and the earth! All knower of the Ghaib and the seen. You will judge between your slaves about that wherein they used to differ.â€

Az Zumar 39:46

36. Prophet Muhammad SAW dua.

“My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings of the devils. And I seek refuge with You, My lord! Lest they may attend (or come near )me.â€

Al Mu`minun 23: 97-98.

37: Prophet Muhammad SAW dua

“My lord! Forgive and have mercy, for you are the best of those who show mercy!â€

Al Mu`minun 23:118

38.Duas the Angels say for the believers:

“ Our Lord! You comprehend all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who repent and follow Your way, and save them from the torment of the blazing fire.â€

Gafir/Al Mumin 40:verse 7.

Other duas in the Quran

Al Araf 7:verse 47

“…Our Lord! Place us not with the people who are zalimun.â€

Al Araf 7. verse 89

“…Our Lord comprehends all things in His knowledge. In Allah we put our trust. Our Lord! Judge between us and our people in truth, for You are the Best of those who give j

judgement.â€

Al Araf 7.126

“… our Lord! Pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims.â€

Al Araf 7 verse 149

“….if Our Lord have not mercy upon us and forgive us, we shall certainly be of the losers.â€

Al furqan 25:verse 65

“Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily !its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishmentâ€

An Naml 27:59

“Praise and thanks be to Allah, and peace be on His slaves whom He has chosen! Is Allah better or all that you ascribe as partners?

Al Baqarah 2: 286

“…. Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us; Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear, Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula and give us victory over the disbelieving people.â€

Al Imran 3:verses 191-194

“……Our Lord! You have not created this without purpose glory be to you1 Give us salvation from the torment of the fire.â€191

“Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the fire indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the zalimun find any helpers.â€192

“Our Lord! Verily we have heard the call of one calling to faith: Beleive in your lordâ€and we believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along the Al Abrar(obedient)â€.193

Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break Promise.â€194

Al Ahqaf 46: verses 15

“ My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your favour which you have bestowed upon me and upon my parents , and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my offspring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims.â€

Al Furqan 25:74

“Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun.â€

At Tahrim 66:8

“ Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us(do not put it off till we cross the Sirat) and grant us forgiveness. Verily, you are Able to do all things.â€

Al Araf 7:43

“ All praises and thanks to Allah, Who has guided us to this, never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.â€

As Saffat 37:180-182

“ Glorified be Your Lord, the Lord of Honour and Power! (He is free) from what they attribute unto Him!

“and peace be on the Messengers!â€

“And all the praise and thanks be to Allah, Lord of the Alamin.

Al Mu`minun 23:109

“ Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all

who show mercy.â€

Al Imran 3: 8-9

“Our Lord’ Let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly you are the Bestower.â€

“Our Lord! Verily, it is You Who will gather mankind together on a day about which there is no doubt. Verily, Allah never breaks His Promise.â€

Ash Shu`ara 26:85

“And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of delight.â€

Al Kahf 18:10

“…Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way!â€

Al Hashr 59:10

“…Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful.

Bro Nur, does this pass as a lesson??? Or I still have to write up more?

Fiamanillah

Cisaam   

Salaamu calaykum waraxmatulahi wabarakatuh

Maansha allah this is one of best topics created in this site and SADE may allah give u maqfirah and insha allah i will try to continue coming to this site in order to participate and hopefully start reading the quran more often than i do.

salamu claykum jamiican...

Nur   

Warrior of Light

You write:

Bro Nur, does this pass as a lesson??? Or I still have to write up more?

A great lesson indeed!

May Allah bless you for your great contributions to this thread, I just came back today, and MashAllah, your Duaa selection were very soul's quenching.

A quick examinations of all the prophets duaa that you've posted reveals that they were never proud of themselves, they were humble, always admitting their inferiority to Allah and their helplessness without Allah. These Prophets were the teachers of humanity who taught the same message from Allah over and over again, to look back at their duaa, was a great lesson indeed, it is to peek to the past in order to rebuild the connection we have lost with Allah SWT.

Your selection was so exhaustive, inshaAllah I am going to shed a light over some of your selections implications:

1. Mercy, the key to salvation

Beginning from Prophet Adam to Prophet Mohammad SAWS, Raxmah, Mercy of Allah was their ultimate hope.

2. Seeking Forgiveness, the key to Mercy

Allah SWT says in Hadeeth Al Qudsi that we are all a lost folk except for those Allah guides, so we are encouraged to seek forgiveness, Allah forgives, people usually do forgive, but not before torturing you to your knees.

3. Knowledge, the key to Seeking Forgivenss

Allah SWT says that the most God conscious are those who are most knowledgeable, so Prophet Noah asked Allah not to punish him for his ignorance.

4. Prayers, Close Encouter with Allah

There is no other means for salvation aother than getting to close to Allah SWT, and the closest we can get to Allah SWT is through prayers. So, the Prophets used to ask Allah SWT to make them and their offspring Muqiimi al salaat.

5. Wisdom, to put knowledge into action

HUKM and HIKMAH are closely related, Hikmah meaning wisdom and HUKM meaning authority to put wisdom into action are the pillars of a healthy spiritual life.

That was my selection from the Warriors selected duaa. may Allah bless our Warrior Of The Internet Waves. Amin

Deeq bro.

Jazaakallahu khairan for your feedback, please come back.

Wiilo, sis

You werent left out, this thread was posted before you became active. But your participation is appreciated.

Nur