Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Quraan Club, Members Lounge

Scwrwb..bro/sis same as the brother am a newbie and would appreciate to join.

ALLAH (sw)Says:-

And keep yourself content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Countenance, and let not your eyes pass beyond them to those who seek the pomp and glitter of this life.†[18:28]

For ALLAH (sw) Knows Best !

Coomay and Earz,

Waleikum salaam, on behalf of the current members we always have room for new members, pls come and join us and share your wisdom and thoughts and enlighten our lives.

Please read this link to get an idea of Brother Nurs vision hope will help in reaching the objective. Quraan readers Club

Fiamanillah

WoL

Nur   

WOL

Jazaakellahu Khairan sis, I have just prayed for you, ( see I told you, by moderating you have accepted the risk of Nomads making duaa for you). I just want to add couple of my insights I posted on other threads.

A Thrilling Ride

Suuratl Caadiyaat

This Work was triggerred by a request of Brother Thunder, a fellow Nomad of Somaliaonline Islam Discussion boards, who asked me to shed some light on this Surah. I first read the Surah quickly to grasp the gist of it, for more insight, I reviewed it again, However no matter how many passages I read, a critical link was missing between the first part of the Surah and the conclusion, a real challenge for ulul albaab.

In my search for clues, I referred to three different Tafaaseer, Al Tabari for the different narrations and their weights, , Ibnul Katheer for his smooth explanation, and for a deeper inspiration, I delved into the eloquence of the Dhilaal al Quraan ( Shades of The Quraan ) Unfortunately, I was unable to find the connection of the thrilling opening verses with the sobering last verse.

After I gave up, Allah SWT opened up a gate of knowledge to enter, in order to see the connection of the first and the last, I could not help but hit the floor to thank Allah SWT in joy for showing me the subtle but critical link of the verses Subhaanallah, Alhamdulillaah and Allahu akbar what a hidden treasure did I find today, A Friday, a day in which Muslims flock to the mosques all over the word to hear words of admonition so they can stay on the siraatul mustaqeem course. Allahumma Salli calaa Sayyiddinaa Muxammad wa calaa Alihi wa saxbih wa sallim.

Bismillahi Arraxmaani Arraxiim

The Thriller Ride.

For those Nomads who can relate to our baadiye setting ( duullaan, ama weerar dagaal colaad ah), or for those westernized Nomads who had the fun visiting Medieval Times theme parks in California, enjoying a nice meal of chicken served on copper dishes, while two horsemen fight like the Romans.

Imagine sleeping in your tents early morning when at at dusk, you wake up amid dreadful sounds and sights of an enemy. The sounds of fast breathing and approaching horses, raising clouds of dust behind them while at the same time, sparking static fire with their hoofs as they hit the dry terrain at high speeds sending shockwaves of fear all around your body, and suddenly, you are butt naked and face to face with the enemy horsemen.

But suddenly, when you as a frightened person see the enemy horses standing right above your mattress ( Fa wasatna bihi jamcan), and stare at these horsemen brandishing shining swords, you realize that your end is near, and now you begin to seriously think about your past intentions and motives of all your deeds. ( End of Primo Scenario)

And here we find the secret connection.

MOTIVES BEHIND OUR DEEDS

The above scenario " Wal caadiyaati dhabxan, fal mughiiraati subxan, fa atharna bihi naqcan, fa wasatna bihi jamcan............" this swift description of sound, motion and action is a Allah's way throughout the Quraan to get our attention, or " Dhaar" is we say in Somali in which Allah swears by his creatures or their actions as in this case, similar to " Falaa uqsimu bi mawaaqici al nujuum, wa innahu la qasamun low taclamuuna cadhiim " , however what startled me was that this " Weerarka arooryeed" was done in the way of Allah SWT in Jihad, a form of struggle that was triggerred my a motive, because once the motives were set, the horses were set in motion, folowed by sound of fast breathing Arabian horses, their hoofs raising sparks of fire and a dust behind their tails, all for a purpose.

Now many earthily years pass by in a state of oblivion, and all in a sudden, you find yourself once more standing naked in front of your maker in the day of judgment, you show up again just like how you were created in the first place, naked, helpless, and humbled.

Now imagine yourself hearing these words of wisdom: " Man is indeed unthankful to his lord" (Kanood) , meaning, ungrateful person ( Calooshii la cayaar) who only counts misfortunes, but never appreciates goodness, nor thanks his lord for it. Being ungrateful all your life, you have never felt that you owe Allah anything that you have, because in arrogance you've felt that you did it alone without Allah's help, and as a result, all of what you have earned was rightfully yours alone, never recognizing that all along Allah was making all your successes possible, by prodding you to succeed and providing you with an intricate health maintenance system, a calculating mind, sheer " coincidences or are they?" and guardian angels to look after your safety up until the moment of truth fast approached, enemy horsemen keen to take away your unworthy life with a swift piercing sword right through your heart, ouch!.

Your nature of ungratefulness over the years had triggered many actions that worked contrary to Allah's commandments, because the underlying motives behind your actions were an insatiable love for wealth, power and prestige, contempt for those less fortunate than you are. After close examination of your life, you also recognize that you are a key witness over yourself of how precious you've over valued your material possessions that blinded you from your eventual confrontation with your Lord. Oh NO!

Enter the opening ceremonies of the day of judgment when graves will split open, releasing their subdued captives and their accompanying manifests of their past deeds , stern angles examine you files to prepare for your hearing in front of an impartial judge, no matter how many evil deeds that you have concealed, your Lord , that day, ( Like any other day) is well aware of your motives and deeds for a just verdict that will rest your case forever, in happiness or in agony. Luckily, that is all in the future, and the present is in your hands, so take my advice, change your ways, before you are chained!.

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Nomadic Dawa Service

Powered By Quraan and Sunnah

Nur   

Suurah Al Racd

Reflections ( Tadabbur)

ALIF LAAM MIIM RAA

These were the components and letters of the Arabic language, the secret of this code is only known to Allah SWT.

These are indeed the verses of the Book, and waht has been revealed to you ( Mohamed) from your Lord are the Truth, but most people do not believe.

The author of this written book being the same as the author of the astonishing book of nature around you, the designer and originator of the universe and its captivating flawless structure without any visible columns that support the blue membrane hovering over our heads that gives us the protection from the radiation of outer space. Who made the sun and the moon that we see every day work for us to sustain life on earth creating the tides, rain, seasons, greenery and crops. Imagine if your power company charged you for these services? a power service more reliable than California's energy companies and much cheaper than Kaaraans diesel generator one lamp per house hold rates.

What amazes me in these verses is how these seemingly separate verses are well connected if we pay close attention to their structure.

As we have noted previously, the beginning of the Surah was the secret code of Alif Laam Miim Raa, letters that only Allah SWT knows what they stand for.

Allah SWT tells us that these verses are part of the book that was revealed from Allah SWT, and the fact that this revelation is indeed the truth from Allah SWT yet most people are bent on disbelief about their origin.

Interestingly, the same author of this great book happens to be the author of the larger three dimensional book of life and the universe that surrounds us. What a good feeling then to know the awesome wisdom and power of Allah SWT and his kindness to us by honoring us with such words of wisdom to show us how insignificantly small we are compared to the visible universe of some 128 Billion Galaxies, each containing billions of stars of all sizes, planets and satellite clouds, moons and heavenly bodies. Not even counting the dark matter suspended between the visible spectrum, possibly containing more matter than our meager telsecopes can capture.

The author of this book is so wise that he has separated the canopy of gases that protect us from harmful solar rays , separating it from the surface of the earth on which we are born, grow and die. That beautiful blue membrane filter lets useful Solar rays penetrate to provide heat, rain, rivers, vegetation and food, while the moon provides light and decoration in addition to a guidance milestone and the tides that help the oceans absorb necessary gasses for the living colors beneath acting as a giant biological filtration system for the biosphere we call home.

at the same tim, That blue membrane canopy blocks harmful rays while Allah SWT supports this canopy with invisible pillars that keep the gasses float to form a sophisticated roof over our heads. Allah SWT did all of that and more than we can imagine without getting tired and afterwards he was well placed on top of his throne, marking his absolute power and wisdom which dwarfs our meager intelligence and imagination.

But today, we can see with our other eyes of science and technology what the Arabs could not see 1400 years ago with their bare eyes, we can see the planet us a whole, As Somalis, we can see the horn of Africa the place where our ancestoral parents called home, grazing their camels, and living their simple life that was so much dependent on the natural elements of sun and moon, a magnificent duo who play the revolving role of day and night " Yughsiil leilaa nahaara" we can further take off from our homes in Somalia to the ends of the planet, or the edge of the universe with ease from the comfort of our living rooms, watching TV programs like Discovery Channnel, we can visit the rainforest and its exotic biosphere, the savannah and the survival of the fittest, the tundra and the grizzly bears, deserts and the the animals that live in a 50 plus tempreture environment creatures like the camel and snakes, the icy poles and the toxedo dressed penguins, oceans and rivers, volcanoes, underneath aquifers and more all of them testifying unity of Allah with their diversity a non challengeable testaments of the greatness of Allah SWT and a sign post reading :

" So You May be certain of your eventual and assured reunion with your ceator" to be questioned of what we have done with the opportunity that was granted to us and the natural furniture we were given as a means of meeting our duties to our maker.

Now, that is not all, the surah hits yet on another amazing scientificly natural occurence, the shape of our planet, a fact not well known by Arabs or non Arabs at the time, Allah SWT explains how he sustains life on earth, begining with the ideal shape and spacial location of our planet which is suspended in the milky way, a planet that is so well positioned from the distance of the sun on an elliptical path that provides for a temprature range that sustains life on earth, creatuing the seasons, and the suspension of gasses that are needed like oxygen and nitrogen , just the right mixture to sustain life, yet not creating explosions if the 21 percent content of oxygen was surpassed.

With the diversity that we have discussed, Allah says " Wa huwa alladee maddal arda" " It is he who had extended the earth", meaning that the extension of the earth to all directions maximizing the surface area requires a spherical shape, but with that extension and expansion, Allah SWT placed on the surface of our planet peaks and valleys so gravity can do its work along with the temprature in creating flowing rivers and pastures necessary for sustaining life on earth, in the form of fruits and the food chain, Allah created pairs, of so that each creature Allah SWT creates finds its allotted Rizq share and play its role and purpose willingly in the case of Muslims, or unwillingly in the case of the unbelievers.

Wht did I say so much explaining the fisrt three verses of Suratul Al Racd:

Becoause they are " La Aayatin liqowmin yatafakaruun"

they are milestones for a folk who use their heads to think about the meaning of creation and life to home-in to toward their maker by apprecaiating and loving him enough to worship him as he deserves.

Nur

2003 e-Nuri Relections

Freeing Your Thinking Capacity

Nur   

Grammaticus

Your tagline is interesting:

I am the gas station attendant of the mind. Who am I?

Let me take a shot at it.

The Mind needs nutrition for energy, which requires a depository from which it can draw that fuel, and the fuel has to be attended by an attendant who knows how to fill the mind with the fuel so the mind can go places.

The fuel of the mind is iimaan

The Depository of fuel is observation of life

The Nutrition of the mind is Thinking

The attendant of the fuel station is Love of Allah.

Nur

Asalaam aleykum,

Today from 9am we have been shaken by an earthquake (5.7 RS some say 5.9) and throughout the day we experienced tremors.Actually the tremors had started since wednesday. As I was onduty in the Pediatry ER we suddenly had an influx of patients with minor bruises,fear (conversions, panic attacks) and patients from the dayclinics.

A state of panic and fear was felt the day clinics were all closed, schools were officially closed for 2 days. People some of them doctors ran for their lives, leaving their patients behind. Patients in the wards had to be moved to safer areas others were discharged or transfered to hospitals out of town. Everyone was on the run.

As for the ER we had an influx of helpers residents, interns showed up to give a hand. Was a long day, as for those who knew Allah they shrugged and said Alhamdullilah to be alive. The other group some of them out of fear left the hospital with fear in their eyes ( death/ tragedy is inevitable).With every recurring tremor people running out of the ER doors then coming back in.(They started getting on my nerve)

As the classes were cancelled and library closed all the students sat in groups in the open areas. Some listening to live music, singing and clapping while the tremors occured. Others eat and smoked like we werent in Ramadhaan. It was like a day of celebration.

Another group of students just sat silently under their breath cursing and praying saying this is but a punishment from Allah as people dont respect Ramadhaan nor fear Allahs wrath.

Me, I had the Surah Zilzalah passing through my mind. Busy with the scutwork around 4pm the ER came back to normal. And had the chance to chitchat with others. Its speculated a 7 RS earthquake is going to hit us. Allah knows better. Im home now feel safe, got my emergency bags packed just in case if I will need to sleep in the street. Apart from that know that what destined shall be, Allah knows better. But its been a day to remember that we are just passing through this world. So far dont know how many casualities we had. Havent seen the news yet to Him we will return.

Advice: Live today as there is no tomorrow before the day comes when our very actions will be placed infront of us and putting us to fault.

Surah of the day > Surat Az zalzalah

Ibn Kathirs Translation

Pacifist   

Warrior sis inshallah Kheyr keep reading your quraan.Allah is great what is meant to be will be.

You are brave and Allah is with you. Inshallah I will call you hope your cell works. I will make lots of dua inshallah.

May Allah be with you and all the people my loved one. amin

hodman   

Aslam Alleykum brothers and sisters

What happened to this thread I realy like it or is everybody just busy bcoz of Ramadhan.I like the idea of sharing thoughts on our perceptions of our beautiful Quran.I believe we can all learn alot from each other.Eid Mubarak to y'all

Khayr   

Salaamz,

While I was reading this afternoon,

I stumbled on this ayat that stood out for me and

inshallah provides a few glimmers of hope

يأَيّÙهَا الَّذÙينَ ءَامَنÙواْ Ø¥ÙÙ† تَنصÙرÙواْ اللَّهَ يَنصÙرْكÙمْ ÙˆÙŽÙŠÙثَبّÙتْ أَقْدَامَكÙمْ

O you who believe! If you support (the cause of) Allah, He will support you and make your foothold firm.)

What a wonderful ayat!!! smile.gif

hodman   

Surah Zumar Ayah23

"Allah has sent down the best statement, a Book (this Qur'an), its parts resembling each other in goodness and truth, oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allah. That is the guidance of Allah. He Guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever Allah sends astray, for him there is no guide."

This Ayah really touched me especially because I have seen that even when you are not really concentrating just hearing the recitation of the holy Quran will make your skin react involuntarily.The beauty of it is only felt by those that get Allah's mercy.

May Allah make us of the Ahlul Quran

hodman   

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

[يأَيّÙهَا النَّاس٠اتَّقÙواْ رَبَّكÙمْ Ø¥Ùنَّ زَلْزَلَةَ السَّاعَة٠شَىْءٌ عَظÙيمٌ - يَوْمَ تَرَوْنَهَا تَذْهَل٠كÙلّ٠مÙرْضÙعَة٠عَمَّآ أَرْضَعَتْ وَتَضَع٠كÙلّ٠ذَات٠حَمْل٠حَمْلَهَا وَتَرَى النَّاسَ سÙكَـرَى وَمَا Ù‡ÙÙ… بÙسÙكَـرَى وَلَـكÙنَّ عَذَابَ اللَّه٠شَدÙيدٌ ]

(1. O mankind! Have Taqwa of your Lord! Verily, the earthquake of the Hour is a terrible thing.) (2. The Day you shall see it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling, and every pregnant one will drop her load, and you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet they will not be drunk, but Allah's torment is severe.)

This verses make me shiver everytime I read them.How can it be that we are ignorant of such a huge thing as the coming of the hour and we can keep smiling and carry on living like that is not going to happen.

Some captiviating verses relating with our current state of affairs. redface.gif May we keep on the path and die as Muslims. Amin.

Verse from Suratul Al Imraan.

Bismillahi Rahmaani Rahiim

99. Say: "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Why do you stop those who have believed, from the Path of Allâh, seeking to make it seem crooked, while you (yourselves) are witnesses [to Muhammad as a Messenger of Allâh and Islâm (Allâh's Religion, i.e. to worship none but Him Alone)]? And Allâh is not unaware of what you do."

100. O you who believe! If you obey a group of those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians), they would (indeed) render you disbelievers after you have believed!

101. And how would you disbelieve, while unto you are recited the Verses of Allâh, and among you is His Messenger (Muhammad )? And whoever holds firmly to Allâh, (i.e. follows Islâm Allâh's Religion, and obeys all that Allâh has ordered, practically), then he is indeed guided to a Right Path.

102. O you who believe! Fear Allâh (by doing all that He has ordered and by abstaining from all that He has forbidden) as He should be feared. [Obey Him, be thankful to Him, and remember Him always], and die not except in a state of Islâm (as Muslims) with complete submission to Allâh.

103. And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.

104. Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islâm), enjoining Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful.

105. And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them. It is they for whom there is an awful torment.

Dear brothers and sisters, How many times do we rush when we hear there is a BARGAIN! SALE! COME SAVE $$$$. In these mentioned verses Allah subhana watacala is giving us a BARGAIN! to save our souls from the fire of HELL. and Allah even tells us how we can get the best deal, to strive for the sake of allah with our wealth, time, energy, mind, health family ties and everything Allah gave u towards the deen of allah subhana watacala.

سورة الصÙ

يَا أَيّÙهَا الَّذÙينَ Ø¢ÙŽÙ…ÙŽÙ†Ùوا هَلْ أَدÙلّÙÙƒÙمْ عَلَى تÙجَارَة٠تÙنجÙيكÙÙ… مّÙنْ عَذَاب٠أَلÙيم٠(10)

O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that will save you from a grievous Penalty?-

تÙؤْمÙÙ†Ùونَ بÙاللَّه٠وَرَسÙولÙه٠وَتÙجَاهÙدÙونَ ÙÙÙŠ سَبÙيل٠اللَّه٠بÙأَمْوَالÙÙƒÙمْ ÙˆÙŽØ£ÙŽÙ†ÙÙسÙÙƒÙمْ Ø°ÙŽÙ„ÙÙƒÙمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكÙمْ Ø¥ÙÙ† ÙƒÙنتÙمْ تَعْلَمÙونَ (11)

You shall believe in Allah and His Messenger, and struggle hard in Allah's way with your property and your lives; that is better for you, did you but know!

[لاَ Ø¥Ùكْرَاهَ ÙÙÙ‰ الدّÙين٠قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرّÙشْد٠مÙÙ†ÙŽ الْغَيّÙ]

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path

[Ùَمَنْ يَكْÙÙرْ بÙالطَّـغÙوت٠وَيÙؤْمÙÙ† بÙاللَّه٠Ùَقَد٠اسْتَمْسَكَ بÙالْعÙرْوَة٠الْوÙثْقَى لاَ انÙÙصَامَ لَهَا وَاللَّه٠سَمÙيعٌ عَلÙيمٌ]

Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower

Explaination by Ibn Qathiir.

There is no compulsion in religion, meaning, "Do not force anyone to become Muslim, for Islam is plain and clear, and its proofs and evidence are plain and clear. Therefore, there is no need to force anyone to embrace Islam. Rather, whoever Allah directs to Islam, opens his heart for it and enlightens his mind, will embrace Islam with certainty. Whoever Allah blinds his heart and seals his hearing and sight, then he will not benefit from being forced to embrace Islam.

Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower is in reference to, "Whoever shuns the rivals of Allah, the idols, and those that Shaytan calls to be worshipped besides Allah, whoever believes in Allah's Oneness, worships Him alone and testifies that there is no deity worthy of worship except Him, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.

Therefore, this person will have acquired firmness [in the religion] and proceeded on the correct way and the straight path. Abu Al-Qasim Al-Baghawi recorded that `Umar said, "Jibt means magic, and Taghut means Shaytan. Verily, courage and cowardice are two instincts that appear in men, the courageous fights for those whom he does not know and the coward runs away from defending his own mother. Man's honor resides with his religion and his status is based upon his character, even if he was Persian or Nabatian.'' `Umar's statement that Taghut is Shaytan is very sound, for this meaning includes every type of evil that the ignorant people of Jahiliyyah (pre Islamic era of ignorace) fell into, such as worshipping idols, referring to them for judgement, and invoking them for victory.

then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break means, "He will have hold of the true religion with the strongest grasp.'' Allah equated this adherence to the firm handhold that never breaks because it is built solid and because its handle is firmly connected. This is why Allah said here,

then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break

Mujahid said, "The most trustworthy handhold is Iman (faith).'' As-Suddi said that it refers to Islam. Imam Ahmad recorded that Qays bin `Abbad said, "I was in the Masjid when a man whose face showed signs of humbleness came and prayed two Rak`ahs that were modest in length. The people said, `This is a man from among the people of Paradise.' When he left, I followed him until he entered his house, and I entered it after him and spoke with him. When he felt at ease, I said to him, `When you entered the Masjid, the people said such and such things.' He said, `All praise is due to Allah! No one should say what he has no knowledge of. I will tell you why they said that. I saw a vision during the time of the Messenger of Allah, and I narrated it to him. I saw that I was in a green garden, ' and he described the garden's plants and spaciousness, `and there was an iron pole in the middle of the garden affixed in the earth and its tip reached the sky. On its tip, there was a handle, and I was told to ascend the pole. I said, `I cannot.' Then a helper came and raised my robe from behind and said to me, `Ascend.' I ascended until I grasped the handle and he said to me, `Hold on to the handle.' I awoke from that dream with the handle in my hand. I went to the Messenger of Allah and told him about the vision and he said,

"As for the garden, it represents Islam; as for the pole, it represents the pillar of Islam; and the handle represents the most trustworthy handhold. You shall remain Muslim until you die."