Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Quraan Club, Members Lounge

hodman   

Surah Luqman

33] O mankind! do your duty to your Lord, and fear (the coming of) a Day when no father can avail aught for his son, nor a son avail aught for his father. Verily, the promise of Allah is true: let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the Chief Deceiver deceive you about Allah.

[34] Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does anyone know what it is that he will earn on the morrow; nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).

How true this is if only we were to heed these words of wisdom from the All-Wise.We strive and work for dunya forgetting just how little we are actually capable of or how limited our knowledge is even in this age of "knowledge"

hodman   

Surah Hajj

11] There are among men some who serve Allah, as it were, on the verge: if good befalls them, they are, therewith, well content; but if a trial comes to them, they turn on their faces; they lose both this world and the Hereafter: that is loss for all to see

This rings true for alot of us today.We are so good in good times and fall apart when things don't go our way like Allah owes us something.SubhannAllah.

May Allah guide us. Ameen

Originally posted by hodman:

This rings true for alot of us today.We are so good in good times and fall apart when things don't go our way like Allah owes us something.SubhannAllah.

May Allah guide us. Ameen

Naam, what you say is true. Amin to the dua.

We have to remember Allah when we are content as well when we are troubled. Its called consistency. Our state of affairs shouldnt make us change our habits.

Jazkahllah kheir for the reminder.

My tilawaat on the 1st of January. Happy new calender year. :D

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

AlBaqarah the cow: verse:252-258,Yusuf Ali translation.

These are the Signs of Allah: we rehearse them to thee in truth: verily Thou art one of the messengers.

Those messengers We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them, but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan.

O ye who believe! Spend out of (the bounties) We have provided for you, before the Day comes when no bargaining (Will avail), nor friendship nor intercession. Those who reject Faith they are the wrong-doers.

Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).

Hast thou not Turned thy vision to one who disputed with Abraham About his Lord, because Allah had granted him power? Abraham said: "My Lord is He Who Giveth life and death." He said: "I give life and death". Said Abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the east: Do thou then cause him to rise from the West." Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah Give guidance to a people unjust.

S.O.S   

Assalaamu calaykum,

Jazakallaah for the beautiful verses sister Warrior of Light; unfortunately cannot wish for a happy new calendar year from my part!

In addition to your post above, your signature below Dilbert’s quote reminded me of the following verses from the beginning of Al-Cimran (3:2-9) which is as follows:

2: God! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal.

3: It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming

what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus)

before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment

between right and wrong).

4: Then those who reject Faith in the Signs of God will suffer the severest

penalty, and God is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.

5: From God, verily nothing is hidden on earth or in the heavens.

6: He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. There is no god but

He, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

7: He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or

fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are

allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is

allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows

its hidden meanings except God. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge

say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp

the Message except men of understanding.

8: "Our Lord!" (they say), "Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast

guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of

bounties without measure.

9: "Our Lord! Thou art He that will gather mankind Together against a day

about which there is no doubt; for God never fails in His promise."

Waaleykum Salam,

Brother S.O.S,

Inshallah we have few days remaining to celebrating the Islamic "our own" Calender year with all the faithful around the globe.

The verses you quoted from Al Imran depict Allahs greatness and magnitude of His Power and Knowledge.Also mentioned is the continuation of the message of Islam through the Holy Books, where it came from and where it ended. All I can say they are verses which make you reflect and feel humble. Jazkahallah kheir for the tilawat.

Fiamanillah,

Wol

hodman   

Often while running around in our busy lives we hardly pay any attention of how much we need Allah (S.W). Imagine when someone asks you for something and you give it to them. A little while later they ask you for something else and you oblige them....third or fourth time comes and you give while gritting you teeth. How about the 5th or 6th time? You would be hard pressed not to explode in frustration right? Today while at work something happened to me that threw me off balance for a while, fortunately it was resolved in a little bit and it turned out to be not as bad as I thought but it got me thinking about these verses that I have read/heard countless times in a new way

Surah Rahman

[29] Of Him seeks (its need) every creature in the heavens and on earth: every day in (new) Splendour doth He (shine)!

How overwhelming it is to think of all the things that we ask of Allah each day even when we don't ask verbally but hope/wish for something to happen or not. Now add that to all the other blessings that we get for free like a simple breath we take or the steady beating of our hearts. Adding every living creature in the heavens and Earth is mind blowing to say the least. I know everyone knows this but how often do we pause in our busy schedules to reflect on this.

May Allah give us this awareness IA. What better way to do this than reflect on the verses of this wonderful book that never ceases to amaze.

Hayat   

may allah bless and guide whoever coming up with this topic...............mashallah i am sure we are all envious..........for truly every person that does this you have a share in their ajer. a mighty investment.if only i had come up with it.once again mashallah

Nur   

La Vie and Vibe

Welcome, why not take part of the Quraan discussion, what is on your mind today?

Nur

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

The verses that brings tear to my eyes everytime that I recite are these Ayahs especially this one in Suratul Xashri:When recited in the Quranic language (Arabic), they sound even more beautiful.

[59.21] Had We sent down this Quran on a mountain, you would certainly have seen it falling down, splitting asunder because of the fear of Allah, and We set forth these parables to men that they may reflect.

[59.22] He is Allah besides Whom there is no god; the Knower of the unseen and the seen; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful

[59.23] He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every greatness Glory be to Allah from what they set up (with Him).

[59.24] He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Can someone say Allahu Akbar!!!

Shiekh Nur, Jazaakalahu Khayran. May Allah forgive all your sins and your waalidayn walaalo.

Assalamu Calaykum.

hodman   

This is topic is the reason I joined SOL I think it is just an inspirational piece. I am always telling myself to contribute more. IA I will. JZK Nur and all who participate. Let's keep it alive.

Asalamucalaykum

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YharlhfqCsc&search=quran

SURAH LUQMAN

I have been trying to register in the past week, to contribute to this blessed disscusion. However there was an error every time. Therefore after deciding to give up,whilst reading this very topic and listening to Surah Luqman at the above link, something in my heart told me that this time there will no be error and that i must post to this wonderful discussion. By the grace of ALLAH swt this time there was no error and i succesfully managed to register.The beautiful recitation brings tears to ones eyes. At the same time there is also a deep meaning to the Surah. Which i will try to convey inshallah, if there are any mistakes please point point them out so we can all learn.

1. A. L. M.

2. These are Verses of the Wise Book,-

3. A Guide and a Mercy to the Doers of Good,-

4. Those who establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity, and have (in their hearts) the assurance of the Hereafter.

5. These are on (true) guidance from their Lord: and these are the ones who will prosper.

6. But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.

7. When Our Signs are rehearsed to such a one, he turns away in arrogance, as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in both his ears: announce to him a grievous Penalty.

The opening ayats reminded me of the dual nature of humanity. We are reminded by ALLAH swt the wisdom and mercy contained in the quran if we choose to pay heeed to it.When recited in the original arabic the opening ayats inject optimism and a sense of hope into the believers. It also reminds the believers of the importance of salat, charity and seeking the pleasure of ALLAH SWT. Then suddenly in the next ayat the dual nature of humanity is truly revealed.After ALLAH swt praises the believers and commands them to good, to prosper in this world and the hereafter.Suddenly the next ayat switches to "But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge", thus revealing to us the punishment of those who chose to follow a different to that of ALLAH swt.Therefore we understand the reward contained in "the book of wisdom" and the punishment for turning away from it.

Ayahs six and seven saddened and reminded me of the youth who are growing up in the west and also in our homeland. It reminded me of the precious time wasted in our lifes. The countless hours spent listening to music. Which know seems like a pointless excercise. ALLAH SWT has warned in this surah about purchasing "idle tales". I also remember when i was younger going to the masjid with the other kids. The quran seemed like something distant,most of us couldn't wait to get out.Therefore to me the idles tales are the football scores, the hip hop music and the many other distractions in this world which are nothing but the temptations of the shaytan. However these idle tales have been chosen over the wisdom of the holy quran by the majority of the world. Religion has been relegated to the background, even some of our own people have chosen this idle tales over the wisdom contained in the quran. A conversation about qabil may attract more debate then the surah of ALLAH SWT.Men are paid millions for singing about shooting people and selling crack, People will actually pay money to read about gossip concerning other peoples lives. Yet like ALLAH swt has wonderfully reminded us in the Quran surah"when our verses our recited to them they say nothing but the tales of the ancients". Then on reflection this surah makes me appreciate the true blessings of islam,there is surely wisdom in the quran. For it is the only thing which brings tears to my eyes.Nothing in this world can compare to it is a guidance and miracle for the entire world. But like ALLAH SWT warned humanity in surah QAMAR:

And We have left this as a Sign (for all time): then is there any that will receive admonition?

And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

hodman   

Welcome to SOL and thank you for sharing your insight about the verses above. Too often we are too busy running around to truly reflect. That is why I love this topic.It gives me an opportunity to gain much needed insight and rememberence. JZK and pliz keep posting

Nur   

Simple Nomad

Welcome, Suurah Luqman is indeed a wonderfulful surah of wisdom, Allah explains what wisdon is, He summs it up as TO BE GRATEFUL TO ALLAH ALONE. thus seekink Allah with all we have been given by Him, and only receiving from Him instructions of how to libe through the revelation and His prophet SAWS.

You write:

"But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge", thus revealing to us the punishment of those who chose to follow a different to that of ALLAH swt.Therefore we understand the reward contained in "the book of wisdom" and the punishment for turning away from it

When you think about it deeply, and observe the amount of media materials that have been produced to mislead man away from His maker, it is astonishing. So much money is spent in the entertainment biz, whose only aim is to make money here and now at the expense of mankinds loss of purpose.

Red Sea,

JZK for your input, your observation highlights the extent our hearts have hardened that even mountains melt away in awe of their maker, whilst we are so aoof, detached from reality.

Hodman

JZK , This page needs you much, your thoughts are adding a timely and needed value.

Nur