Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Quraan Club, Members Lounge

Nur   

As we have planned, we are going to roll out the Quraan Reading program, to effectively begin in the first of Muharram.

The Founding Members are:

Nur: Coordinator

1. Bushraa

2. Caramel

3. (719) Seven One Niner

4. Nuunne

5. SADE

6. Qac Qaac

7. Raxmah

8. Hasnah

9. Tamina

10. Kheyr

11. Sundus

Our Vission:

Aiming High, To Dwell in the Highest Point in Paradise.

Our Mission:

Reaching Out For The Revelations, Through Reading of the Holy Quraan.

Our Objectives:

1. To Read a minimum of One Page and half of Quraan per day. Read the translation and make notes of verses that you've liked and share with the Club members on these Islam pages @ SOL.

2. To Enroll at least two members of your friends and family per month to join the Club.

Our Strategy:

A. Quran Reading:

Set aside an hour everyday in a quiet place to read Quraan, start with simple surahs then procede as you feel in command. Never be too busy to skip, Quran will help you even with what you are rushing to, so don't leave your friend behind, you may not get anything done without Quraan.

B. Enrolling friends:

Use your Email contacts and family members' friends to spread the message, so that you net at least 2 lost souls per month to sign up for the Quraan program, if they sign up, you immediately collect your commisions from Allah SWT.

Tasks:

1. Go to your calendar and fit this new program in your calendar, so that you keep the promise.

2. Put a sign in your Room that reads " I am Quran Reader" to remind yourself of the commitment.

3. Report your progress weekly to Coordinator.

May Allah Bless This Virtual Gathering, Amin

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Quran Task Force

Pass The word, the Good Word of Quran

Asalaam aleykum

Thanks Nur for setting the objectives. Had taken the initiation of reading the Quraan in arabic and the translation and currently in the second Juzzu the remaining parts of Surat Baqarah.

Keep u updated

Nur   

MaashAllah tabarakallah SADE, the enjoyment is just beginning, let us pray that you never look back, so from now on you stay connected to Quraan reading, udnerstanding and acting on its wisdom.

Your report was excellent, but you may have overlooked informing me about your enrollment plan for at least two new members for this month, dont forget to build your treasure of hasanat by having others who read Quraan earn you hasanaat as much as they earn, simply by encouraging them to read.

One another thing, any special verses that touched you?

Keep up the good work.

Nur

e-Nuri Quraan Program Coordinator

Asalaam aleikum

Reading Suratul Baqarah (1st Juzuu)I noticed most of the verses were adressed to the Bani Israil. Made me think why this nation in particular have received Allah anger. As in Suratul Fatiha (1:7)'...not the way of those who earned Your anger(such as Jews)'.

The qn is why or what did they do to reach such a pitiful state? Thus being a lesson for us as Muslims to take care of our affairs and not be the likes of them

Would like first to mention the Favours given to them as in the Quraan

*Deliverance from the Pharoah killing of thier sons(1:50)

*They were the chosen nation in their time(1:47)

*They were raised from the dead after the thunderbolt

*Clouds covered them in the desert, Al Manna[sweet gum] and Al Salwa(quails) were provided to them(2:57)

*Miracle of twelve springs(2:60)

*Moses AS was given the Torah and the criterion of right and wrong.

Returning to the earlier qn . Allah reminds the Bani Israil of its obligations to His convenant repeatedly in most of the ayahs.

The following are some of the verses which shows the true characteristic of Jews and the reason why they are cursed:

*They neglected their religous duties and used the Word for economic gain.

v.41 ' ...be not the first to disbeleive therEin buy not with my verses a small price and fear Me and Me alone'.

*They tended to conceal the truth and mix it with falsehood.

V.42'and mix not truth with falsehood nor conceal the truth...'

*They denied Propheet Muhamed SAW and the religion of Rakiun. As it wasnt in their interest.

Continuation of verse 42-43. And v.76

*Tended to preach the religion but do not follow the teachings themselves

V.44 'Enjoin you piety on people and you forget to practise ypurselves while you recite the torah. Have you no sense'

A character which is cleary despised in islam.

*They over stepped Allahs boundries. By worshipping the calf and yet still have the guts to ask to see Allah so that they can become believers -EXCUSES never stop

*v.55 'We shall never beleive in you till we see Allah plainly'

The amazing thing is Allah forgived them again He sent a thunderbolt and they were raised from the dead.Allah Akbar.

*Mischievious. They were told to enter Jerusalam in prostration and say Forgive us. But some among them changed the words .Then they were punished.

*Free services no reponsibility.Never content with the favours they had.

We cant endure one food. So invoke your Lord for us to bring forth for us of what the earth grows, herbs, onions......'

*Were rebellious. They were stubborn , killed prophets and they also turned away from the Convenant at the Mount.Also case of the Sabath.

V.64-65.

*Even when its apparent what is commanded, they were very admant at testing Nabii Moses patience.You notice this in the dialogue about the cow. The thing which makes me wonder is why whenever the jews want to address Allah the kept on saying 'Call upon your Lord for us...' Why? Is it because they were still in denial or was it they still inferior in faith or just another tactic not to take the responsibility?

*The dialogue V67-71.

*They changed Allahs Word.

V.75...A party of them used to hear the word of Allah then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it'

*Among them were some who never found the desire to learn the truth.

'Among them unlettered people who know not the Book but they trust upon false desires and they but guess'

Learnt that acquiring knowledge is the key. nO EXCUSE is accepted we got to learn our religion

*They violated Allahs laws. Told not to kill brpthers, not turn them out of their houses...They bought the life of this world at the price of the hereafter. They were termed the most greediest of all humans living.They love to live for a thousand years. . V-84-86 94-96

*They followed magic.

V.102-103Learnt it from Harut and Marut who said'We r only for trial, so disbslieve not and they learnt how to separate man n his wife....

*Beleived they will enter paradise

V-111'None shall enter paradise unless he be a Jew or chrisitan'

Though as Muslims we know its our AMAL which will be weighed.

*Practised shirk- Claimed that Allah has begotten a son V116.

I beleive there is more to learn about them but the primary thing is they will never be pleased with Muslims till we follow their religion.V1:120)It is us to perfect ourselves.

A hadith of the prophet SAW says' None of you truly beleives until his inclination is in accordance with what I have brought'

Wabillah Tawfiq.

Ps have invited ppl still waiting for a promise.

Nur   

SADE

May Allah reward you for your research of SURAH aL BAQARAH,

Now this is how a Forum should be, a virtual board for thought exchange.

Sade, you have indeed raised a good observation about the Children of our Prophet Yaqub ( Jacob, Israel, son of Isaac, son of Our Father Abraham aleyhimaa salaam)

Let us look at the big picture first, the human experience with their maker in general, and then let us focus on the Children of Israel as a nation to learn a lot from.

It was reported a hadeeth to the effect that the Prophet Mohamed SAWS said " La tatta bicunna sunana man qablikum," you shal, follow the examples of generations before you" the companions asked " are they Christians and Jews?" The prophet responded " Then who else"

The above hadeeth shows that the reason Allah SWT honored the Jews was becuase of their father Abraham who was the first Muslim, and who sacrificed everything for Allah SWT. and later when they broke the covenenat they were cursed.

Todays Muslims have a lot in common withe Children of Israel according to the Hadeeth, and a quick checking of the above analyses shows that we Muslims have committed every sin the Jews have committed, therefors, we are the same.

In Our prayer we ask Allah to be of those Allah has favored, not those who have angrered Allah ( they know but not obey) and those who dont know any better like the Christians who wosrhip multiple gods and still insist that they worship one God.

So, Sade, how many traits of the Jews do we Muslims have?

Nur

Always last to recieve such good news...Count me in guys!

Sade, Jazakallah for your insightful contribution.

Nur, how many traits of the jews do we possess? ..what a thought provoking question. I'll sleep on it and give my 2 cents soon, Insha Allah.

Asalaam aleykum,

Bro Nur thanks to you for coming up with the idea. Has given me a chance to share and learn from my fellow Muslims.

Nur before i answer your qn would like to quote a Hadith of the Prophet SAW :'My Ummah will pass through a time when the nations, considering you an easy prey, will fall upon you just as the hungry rush for food. Someone asked : O Prophet of God SAW will our number diminish awaiting the other nations to unite together and make an assault to devour us? The Prophrt observed: No, you will not then be less in numbers but will render yourself weighless like straws that float helplessly in the flood of water. Your enemies will no longer fear you and your hearts will be stricken with cowardice and helplessness.' At this stage, a man enquired, O Prophet of Allah SAW What will be the cause of this cowardice? The prophet SAW said'There will be 2 causes:

*You will start loving the world

*You will feel allergic to death and hate the very idea of it.(Abu Dawud)

Originally posted by Nur:

So, Sade, how many traits of the Jews do we Muslims have?

Refering to the Hadith above the Prophet SAW had already forseen the weakness of his nation. Two characters which truly have affected us. We have become cowards the wars against the so called islamic nations;The afgani, iraki and gulf war., the somali war though it was not western influenced its roots layed in our own weakness love of our tribal bondage than islamic bondage.

We are lucky that Muslims did not kill prophets but we have killed our fellow Muslim brethern which is haram and we have become transgressors.

There are some of us who sell the Quraan for economic gains like the sheikhs who treat ppl sometimes mixing with jahilia incantations.

There are some Ulamaa in turkey which alow ppl to drink wine..

Our people also follow false dieties like astrology, magic.......Remember my own ayeyo playing with dices and telling the future. Astaghfirullah.When you look at it ppl are mixing the truth and falsehood.

Among us are those who follow what they want from the Quraan and skip other parts.The issue of hijab, alcohol,child support,divorce,friendship...

Among the Ulama are those who preach but dont follow themselves. I remember a case where a sheikh was charged with sexual abuse actually caught in the act with a primary school girl back home. May Allah protect us.

We also love receiving free stuff. The welfare system had been aimed to elevate the people when their in economical dilemma but once they get themselves together yani become able ppl they should contribute back to the society. But most of the ppl prefer to be lazy n receive free money.I remember a Hadith of the Prophet SAW when he saw a man begging he gave him an axe. WHy? so that he can earn his halal food and regain his respect. Begging, being dependent tarnishes the position of a muslim.

Among us to are those who wouldnt bother to contest to any bad mouthing of the faith coz they do not what really islam says about their religion. Islam is the religion which removed ignorance but still we do not grasp the idea. It is only by reading ,trying to understand by researching and implementing the commands we can succeed.Duty is to READ,LEARN ,IMPLEMENT.No excuse to Allah.

Guess we have reached that state of the ahlul kitap ,if we arent one of them.The only thing we havent done is ascribe sons or daughters to him.

We have been promised paradise but with a prerequisite to be among the Al-amin, Al-birr.... Qualities which we cant acquire overnight .So we gotta work hard for that.

The only thing that will save us is returning to our religion and seiving out things which do not belong to it. And sincerely pray and live in the path to be saved.

Bro Nur thats my fifty cents. Open to be corrected or contested .

Something else as long we are on the road of reading and trying to gain the understanding the Quraan. Would like to share this dua i came across.

Allahumma inni'abduka, ibnu 'abduka, ibnu amatika naasiyati biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,'adhunfiyya qadha'uka, asaluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka au anzaltahu fi kitabika au 'allamtahu ahadan min khalqika awistatharta bihi fi'ilmil ghaibi 'indaka au taj'alal Quraana rabia qalbi wa nuura sadri wajalaa'a huzni wadha haaba hammi wa ghammi. ('-denotes -ayin letter)

Meaning ' Allah I am Thy slave. I am the son of Thy Bondsman and the Son of Thy bondsmaid. My brow is in Thy grip.I am under Thy Command. Thy judgement in regard to me is just and fair. In the Name of all Attributes applicable to Thee and all Attributes which Thou hast reserved for Thyself or those which Thou hast reveled in Thy Book or have transmitted to one of Thy creatures or have hidden in the treasury of the unseen with Thee in the Name of all these Attributes I implore Thee to make the Holy Quraan the joy of my heart, the light of my bosom, a panecea for distress and a cure of my sorrows and perplexity'.

Dua better said after supererogatory prayers at night.

U can also say this dua when in distress and sorrow. The Prophet SAW said'Any person who offers this prayer while in a state of sorrow and distress, Allah shall alleviate his state of sorrow and distress, and bestow upon him felicity and rejoicing.

The narrator of this dua stated that the Prophet SAW said 'whoever hears of this dua must learn it and memorise it'

Originally posted by Sundus:

sade, strange name innit, sister what does you name mean. i really thought you were a man all those earleir times.my bad i guess

Plain,simple,original origins lie in the turkish language. No problem bro, my fault coming up with a different name.

QUOTE]Plain,simple,original origins lie in the turkish language. No problem bro, my fault coming up with a different name. [/QB]

ah sister I am sister too.

Khayr   

Originally posted by sade:

Something else as long we are on the road of reading and trying to gain the understanding the Quraan. Would like to share this dua i came across.

Allahumma inni'abduka, ibnu 'abduka, ibnu amatika naasiyati biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,'adhunfiyya qadha'uka, asaluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka au anzaltahu fi kitabika au 'allamtahu ahadan min khalqika awistatharta bihi fi'ilmil ghaibi 'indaka au taj'alal Quraana rabia qalbi wa nuura sadri wajalaa'a huzni wadha haaba hammi wa ghammi.
('-denotes -ayin letter)

Meaning ' Allah I am Thy slave. I am the son of Thy Bondsman and the Son of Thy bondsmaid. My brow is in Thy grip.I am under Thy Command. Thy judgement in regard to me is just and fair. In the Name of all Attributes applicable to Thee and all Attributes which Thou hast reserved for Thyself or those which Thou hast reveled in Thy Book or have transmitted to one of Thy creatures or have hidden in the treasury of the unseen with Thee in the Name of all these Attributes I implore Thee to make the Holy Quraan the joy of my heart, the light of my bosom, a panecea for distress and a cure of my sorrows and perplexity'.

Dua better said after supererogatory prayers at night.

U can also say this dua when in distress and sorrow. The Prophet SAW said'Any person who offers this prayer while in a state of sorrow and distress, Allah shall alleviate his state of sorrow and distress, and bestow upon him felicity and rejoicing.

The narrator of this dua stated that the Prophet SAW said 'whoever hears of this dua must learn it and memorise it'

Salaamz, walaal

This du'a I've been trying to find it in my du'a books but couldn't come up with it.

A shiekh that I know would always read it

after we would finish reading the quran.

Its a beautiful Du'a. If u have the arabic version,

let me know and what book or maybe off the net where I can find it.

I would like to have inshallah memorize it

and have the du'a hanging over my qurans in my house. Jazak Allah Khayurn sis.

Fi Amanallah

Asalaam aleykum

Sundus a thousand apologies sister. Im sorry. :(

Khayr, It is a beautiful dua . This is where i reproduced it from the book titled 'Etiquettes of Life in Islam' written by Mohammad Yusuf Islahi. Published by Markaz Mataba Islami Delhi.

A book i would advice to be kept in every Muslims household.