Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Quraan Club, Members Lounge

Wiilo   

Jizaakallaah Brother Nur, and of course I will participate from now on insha Allaah ....

Wabillaah:............

Asalaam Aleykum

Deeq,

May Allah bless you too. Thank you for the encouragement, looking forward to read your posts.

Al Ustadh Nur,

Glad to hear your back. And Jazakhallah Khair for the objective analysis of the duas. Brother it was your idea we are acting on.May Allah guide, protect and enrich you with more ideas so that we collectively as an Ummah,work and increase ourselves with the knowledge of the Quraan and gain the titles of Muminun and Muminati and have a grandeous ending .Amin.

Wiilo,

Looking forward to read your post.

I know its not against the rules want to share a verse of the Quraan which really touches me.From surat An Nur 24:35. The parable of the light of Allah. The verse when read in arabic is prosed very poetically and the words are also amazing.

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.

Allah Akbar!!

Of the translations ,I like reading Ibn Qathirs

Hope you will find it enriching The Parable of the Light of Allah

Wishing you all a blessed Jumaah.

Fiamanillah.

Nur   

Warrior Of Light

Walaalo, thanks for the reminder, indeed this was the right venue for the discussion of our thoughts on the Quraan. Please share your khawaatir.

Hibo, here is the place for you to post your Tadabbur of Al Quraan.

I read Suurah al Zumar today, these verses caught my imagination, inshAllah I will expound on them once I see the ball rolling again, an empty room is not a good place for interactivity.

" 39.9": What! he who is obedient during hours of the night, prostrating himself and standing, takes care of the hereafter and hopes for the mercy of his Lord! Say: Are those who know and those who do not know alike? Only the men of understanding are mindful .

" 39.10": Say: O my servants who believe! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord; for those who do good in this world is good, and Allah's earth is spacious; only the patient will be paid back their reward in full without measure .

"39.11": Say: I am commanded that I should serve Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience .

"39.12": And I am commanded that I shall be the first of those who submit .

"39.13": Say: I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the chastisement of a grievous day .

"39.14": Say: Allah (it is Whom) I serve, being sincere to Him in my obedience :

"39.15": Serve then what you like besides Him. Say: The losers surely are those who shall have lost themselves and their families on the day of resurrection; now surely that is the clear loss.

"39.16": They shall have coverings of fire above them and coverings beneath them; with that Allah makes His servants to fear, so be careful of (your duty to) Me, O My servants!

"39.17": And (as for) those who keep off from the worship of the idols and turn to Allah, they shall have good news, therefore give good news to My servants,

Your thoughts about these verses are appreciated.

Nur

lol   

Nur: Jazaka Allah bro, I am sorry I haven't been much of a sport lately, I have started work again and it takes most of my time (12-16hrs) aday.

But inshallah I shall post as I read more..but Wanted to share this with you:

Without doubt We shall test you until We know those who struggle and are patient among you, and make clear your news.

MUHAMMAD (47:31)

Everytime I am faced with obstacle I read this, and some how relieves my doubts and frustations taking it as a test from Allah SWT.

STOIC   

Today after Fajr prayer I read suratul Haaqah(the reality), a makkan surah.The first section is about the hereafter and the second about the Quran being a revelation from Allah and Muhammad (SAW) being a true messenger of Allah.I hope i keep on track of reading the Quraan every morning Insha-Allah.

Nur   

Hibo

MashAllah sis, make the time for Quraan, Allah will bless your day.

STOIC

Way to go!, Can you share your thoughts on Al Xaaqqah surah please?

Nur

Asalaam aleykum,

I came across these verses while reading and the truth of it striked me: Ash-shams(91) verses7-10

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

7. By Nafs(Soul), and Ma Sawwaha (Who apportioned it).

(Allah created it sound, and well proportioned.)

8. Then He showed it its Fujur(transgession) and its Taqwa(enlightenment)

(showed it its order and He guided it to what has been ordained for it. )

9. Indeed he succeeds who purifies it.

(That is by being obedient to Allah and Allahs prescribed laws.)

10. And indeed he fails who Dassaha(corrupts it).

(Corrupts his soul by going against the order of Allah thus being an instrument of his own downfall.)

Thus it is in our hands to change ourselves and be amongst the souls which are purified.

Relating to these verses was a duah the Prophet SAW supplicated:

اللْهÙمَّ Ø¥ÙنّÙÙŠ أَعÙوذ٠بÙÙƒÙŽ Ù…ÙÙ†ÙŽ الْعَجْز وَالْكَسَلÙØŒ وَالْهَرَم٠وَالْجÙبْن٠وَالْبÙخْل٠وَعَذَاب٠الْقَبْرÙ. اللْهÙمَّ آت٠نَÙْسÙÙŠ تَقْوَاهَا، وَزَكّÙهَا أَنْتَ خَيْر٠مَنْ زَكَّاهَا، أَنْتَ ÙˆÙŽÙ„ÙيّÙهَا وَمَوْلَاهَا. اللْهÙمَّ Ø¥ÙنّÙÙŠ أَعÙوذ٠بÙÙƒÙŽ Ù…Ùنْ قَلْب٠لَا يَخْشَعÙØŒ ÙˆÙŽÙ…Ùنْ Ù†ÙŽÙْس٠لَا تَشْبَعÙØŒ وَعÙلْم٠لَا يَنْÙَعÙØŒ وَدَعْوَة٠لَا ÙŠÙسْتَجَاب٠لَهَا

O Allah! Verily, I seek refuge with You from weakness, laziness, senility (of old age), cowardliness, stinginess and the torment of the grave. O Allah! Give my soul its good and purify it, for You are the best to purify it. You are its Guardian and Master. O Allah! Verily, I seek refuge with You from a heart that is not humble, a soul that is not satisfied, knowledge that does not benefit and a supplication that is not answered.)

Nur   

WOL sis

These verses confirm the fact that humans are born with an innate instinct ( Fitrah) of good and evil. " Evil" the Messneger SAWS said, is what your soul finds to be ugly, abominable or bad, and that you hate others to find out.

So, the verse settles that we are no angels, however, we can be better than angels if, we purify our souls, while we become worse than animals if we taint our sould with the filth of sins.

As a result of the evil joy ride, people become drunk with grandeur, supremacy and exhibit defiance to that innate instinct of good, and they choose evil, to the point that they feel comfortable with the evil, at which point, their perception becomes clouded by their evil.

Nur

Naam brother Nur,

What you have mentioned is very true.

It also reminded me the hadith about Fitrah as every child is born a Muslim but is later converted to a Christian or Jew by the parents and the way they are brought up.

Talking of the innate(religion of Islam) nature of man I remember reading that all souls were congregated in front of Allah SW on the day of creation and we took allegiance to the path of Haq >Religion of Hanifaa. And we will be congregated again and asked to affrirm the convenant we made Inshallah on dooms day.

I have a question Alhamdullilah I am a muslim but I still have a problem accepting the thought of the convenant.Or should I say it is because I do not remember the convenant.Are there any signs or how are we supposed to respond to this statement of Allah as He said it happened.Do we just agree with it like the things of ghaib. As we are not knowledgable and say We hear and obey? I remember once discussing this in my early years but I have forgotten the answer I was given.

Please Im asking as to learn and not cause discord. Allah knows my niyah.

Fiamanillah

Nur   

WOL Walaalo,

You write:

I have a question Alhamdullilah I am a muslim but I still have a problem accepting the thought of the convenant.Or should I say it is because I do not remember the convenant.Are there any signs or how are we supposed to respond to this statement of Allah as He said it happened.Do we just agree with it like the things of ghaib. As we are not knowledgable and say We hear and obey? I remember once discussing this in my early years but I have forgotten the answer I was given.

Dear Sis.

The covenenat like any other Aqedah concept is passed to us in the Quraan by Allah SWT through His Messneger Muhammad SAWS is an unseen (unheard) GHAIB issue, Allah is telling us that it happened in the Quraan, just like how your parents tell you what you did when you were a toddler that you cannot believe, because your memory just outgrew it.

But, this incident has many powerful qualifiers in the Sunnah, like the Hadeeths which you have read.

The gist of this concept is that Allah SWT programmed this covenant subliminally in our subconscious ( Just like how the TV programmes public opinion subliminally ).

It delivers a powerful message, that Allah SWT programmed TAWHEED in all of mankind, which is like a COOKIE, imbedded in their subconscious that recognizes the message of any Prophet, which confirms the delivery of a message from Allah to a person who had the default Tawheed COOKIE in his subconscious, thus, if that person follows his imbedded fitrah, he/she is saved, otherwise, they have no excuse in blaming their forefathers in leading them astray from the path of Allah.

" And recall a time when ( Allah took a covenenant with the progeny of Adam), asking them; "Am I not your LORD"? They responded, "Yes indeed"

Allah explains the reason He took this covenant from unborn souls was to warn them not to use Two excuses:

1. Ignorance of the Tawheed

2. Being led astray by parents and forefathers who changed the message of the Prophets.

That eaves us with the question:

Then, what is the importance of Prophets?

Answer:

To re-enforce that previous covenant, the COOKIE, so the minute you hear about it, its the second warning.

Wallahu Aclam:

Nur

Nur   

WOL sis

Wa Iyaaki, now lets get on with our Quraan Tadabbuur, any new insights from verses?

Nur

Asalaam aleykum,

The lesson I want to share is derived from 2 verses of Surah Al Hashr 59:18-19

O, you who beleive! Fear Allah and keep your duty to Him. And let every person look to what he has sent forth for the morrow, and fear Allah. Verily! Allah is All-Aware of what you do.

And be not like those who forget Allah (i.e become disobedient to Allah) and He caused them to forget their ownselves,( let them to forget to do righteous deeds. Those are the Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).

{The Nobel Quraan, summarised Version of At Tabari, Al Qurtubi and Ibn Kathir with comments from Sahih Al Bukhari, translated by Dr. Muhammed T. Al Hilal and Muhammad M Khan}

These are the words which caught my attention : Duty, Fear, Aware and forget.

As of the flow of the verses the message is clear >to LOOK after the Morrow we have to evaluate the present.

Naturally when a person has a duty to take care of he is aware of the duty, tends to refer to self appraisal or criticism and before its done as he fears to fail in his task he makes use of self evaluation as in the process there is a possibility of forgetting an important step or too.

We have gone or are going through these processes nearly everyday consciously or subconsciously depending with the importance of the duty in question. Thus some questions can be raised when trying to deal with a duty. Especially as we are Muslims and our responsibility is to keep to the laid out norms of this world and prepare for the hereafter, you can raise up such questions ;

1. What am I doing?

2. Why am I doing it? (reason and logic set in)

3. Is the best thing to do?

4. Could it be done better?

5. Do I need assistance?

6. Does it befit my status as a human being?

7. Is it really compatible with my purpose of life?

8. Would I be happy to meet Allah with it?

The answers to these questions can help us to reach our goal/duty without being forgetful of our position as we are aware of the steps we took and also we feared Allah’s disfavour by keeping to His prescribed Laws and strongly believe the duty is for the betterment of others too. And Inshallah have a better tomorrow without wasting a lot of time with failures, fear, regret and procrastination as they tend to hinder progress and shortens the life of man as it breaks his spirit. Time as we all know is very dear, once passed it can’t be retrieved. And with every heartbeat and breathe we take in, our life span shortens, thus more efforts should be made to achieve a prosperous ending.

I would like to end with a quotation , regarding time, life in this world and its relation to the hereafter. May we make us of our time in this world to have a rewarding second life. Amin.

Life is but minutes and seconds of events,

That’s the message to man from his heartbeats,

Your posthumous repute you’d now raise aloft,

That’s for man, a second lifetime without doubt!

Ahmed Shawqee a poet, excerpt from Yusuf Qaradawii ‘s book titled Al Waqt fiy Hayaatil Muslim

Fiamanillah, happy readings.

WoL

Nur   

WoL sis

Indeed, Xaqqan! these are very deep verses, to look and think about what you have invested in for your future.

Every deed, little or big is recorded, its either for us or againts us, an accoungting system that does not leave any activity of ours out of the compensation system.

As I drove to my office, listening to some verses, a verse shook me tremendously, why, because it touched me at that moment, it showed me a nicma that I was not looking, the nima of riding a luxurious vehicle to work attentively listening to Quran as the Sheikh read " Wa Dhallalnaaha fa minhaa rakuubakum wa minhaa takuluun" And we have made animals subservient to you, so you ride on their backs, and eat their meat as well for food" As a 21st century Nomad, I was nor riding a camel, I was riding a vehicle with airconditioning, sound system, and comfort, so, the verse touched me deeply, when I heard " A falaa yashkuroon?" shouldnt they become grateful then? that verse did it, tears flowed on my cheeks, nothing is more relieveing than a thoughtful cry, I pray that tears wash out my sins, nothing is more comforting than remembering Allah alone to shed some tears at our ungratefulnes and his generosity.

Nur

Coomay   

Salaam Calykum

Ya Elhel Khair .... am newbie in here ... Still want to be part of this Majlis ul khair, Bros and Sis.

first time i came in here am amazed.Waalaahi Nuurun Calaa Nuur!!!

Jazaaku Allahu Khair