Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Demonstrate agains Riyaale in UK

LANDER   

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote: Finally, all in all, while we as a Somaliland on the other hand, proceed purposefully to build our nationhood of Somaliland Republic, you and the rest of your defeated ilk in the far corners of the world are left nothing but with only shouting and vomiting of spleen of sore-losers proportion on the side line

That is uncalled for; in fact, with all due respect it’s disgusting. How can one have such hatred for his fellow Somalis and gloat at any of their misfortunes (just as Somaliland has many also). I realise some of the anti-Somaliland crew are only in that camp for tribal reasons but there is no need to express such inhumane views so as to counter them.

Alas, like I’ve said so many times, many here hold views that are just two sides of the same coin. Two sides of the same ugly coin.

Go ahead and argue on these forums, but please for the love of God don’t return home with such views. We, those who love all Somalis irrespective of their tribe want to move on and prosper, stop holding us back will ya!
Rahima,

What Oodweyne is doing in this case is telling the story like it is with a little of bit of dramatization :D . You've said it yourself that Somalilanders have no interest in talks of unity, however getting trough to the likes of Abu Amar and Hornafrique is a lost cause. Whether it is yourself or Oodweyne it really is a waste of time.

I think the replies such as those coming from Oodweyne encourages these people to talk the same nonsense they've been convincing themselves of ever since they signed up for this forum. However , I can assure you this and you can quote me on it if you like. MAJORITY of Somalilanders don't care what other somalis have to say on matters of Unity or otherwise. Right now our energies are focused on helping ourselves and dealing the issues within our own society, everything else is minor details. I think you would agree with me, Allah helps those who help themselves. By this quote I hope we shall continue our endeavours, all the while ignoring the detractors.

Rahima   

Gotta disagree with you there Lander, Oodweyne doesn't tell the story like it is, he does a George Bush Jr. impersonation of the WMD saga.

That is not spicing up, it is plain fabrication half the time.

But hey it's all good, it seems to be a deep rooted Somali trait, many display it.

All peace loving Somali's should demonstrate against Dahir Riyaale and the we are dreaming crew.

On what grounds my friend?

Demonstarte for Somali Unity and peace

I think, you should put your house in order before you talk about "unity". 40+ warlords, how divided can you get and you are talking about "unity"...

Charity begins at Home!

HORNAFRIK says: I am against it's seccessionst stance.

How ironic, you are against the wishes and aspirations of a people.

Brother, don't you think, at some point or another, you need to let go somethings? It is 14 years since saaxib, you can not dream on and on and on forever.

sahal   

Horn Afrique, U didn't answer my questions, I will repeat:

Your Stand about the other warlords?

Your stand abot the Somaliland Mutamaridiin?

RAHIMA, Can I ask u this question?

When u r saying I don't mind if Somaliland seprate from us since they don't want to be part of us ... don't u know (or you're happy about it) that they're not cutting somalia from their territories but rather they want to take three main other tripes territories?

If the advocaters of Somaliland want to cut somalia from their teritories i.e Hargeysa Berbera & Burco all somalis would be very happy, but my question to you is:

Don't you really know the real reason behind the seperation or you're intentionaly denying for some other reasons?

Rihima

Why on earth do you guys care about whether or not Somaliland wants to secede ? Why not just accept and move on with rebuilding what we have left? Maybe your energies would be best used on that.

Sister, the issue is unilateral break up of a region without any due process. There is no basis under any law for Somaliland to secede. Second think of the dire implications [sool & Sanag] and the fact that Riyaale's regime have shown they are just like their brothers in the south, currupt[1/2 million dollar salary] cruel [suldan Burmadow] and incompetent.

I am totaly against the argument of the North West, if they want autonomy they can get it but to break away for no other reason than the messaging of clan ego is wrong and the Britiash government sould be reminded of the EU,UN,AU Arab league stance on the unity territorian integrity of Somalia.

Peace sister, all we will do is highlight this to the relevent authorities and put across our case thats all the rest will be history.

On a final note agree with Rahima its important that Somali's in the diaspora work hard to rebuild our homeland and most importantly to rebuild its image.

Abu Amar

Rahima

Personally I see no point in wasting so much effort on folks that say to you in bold writing, WE DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF YOU. I mean, I sort of think it’s embarrassing, it’s like begging someone to be your friend when they keep pushing you away. They have voted and with that, we say good luck to our brothers.

smile.gif

well said sister i can also add that no nation in the world can be hostage to another nation which doesn't want to deal its demons/warlords and doesn't want to move forward. the people in somaliland had chosen to be part of united somalia some 30 years ago before they decided again to leave it by their choice. if somalia stays the same way its now then we may see other parts of somalia forming as a new countries such as Puntland, South West etc. therefore those who call themselves nationalist should try to keep united -and try to move toward fair and equall somalia- what is left before they see somalia evaporating infront of their eyes.

India   

BALLERZ

Look out for the sister with the Biggest SNM.

Please leave all the weapons at home, there will be no need for that. This is a demo to show support and even if the other camp turn up--as Somalis we need to learn to articulate our diffs with out the need for violance.

I think its impartive that all SomalilanderZ show thier support. For those who claim that they can not be there becuase they are working are not really grasping the sheer magnitude of this visit. If Somalilanerz want Soverignty then they have to fight for it, it will not given to us on a silver platter. So take the day off and do your bit : BE THERE or Be Sq.

Beside how many times do we get to mingle with 15000+Somalilanders under one roof??? Excatment.

Dusty

SNM Legacy Baby.

Sophist   

Okay I will write in a very simple English language so perhaps most of us we fathom it without much effort. .

We the people of Sool, Sanaag and Ceyn (formerly Hawd, Buhoodle) don't want to be part of your little feifdom. The same argument which sister Rahima put forward can be utilised here; that is don't beg us we are with our felow Somalis. If you wish to secede from the rest of Somalia then that is your decision; but we don't agree with you. Is this simple for you guys. Just like YOU want to be respected for your wishes we in turn wish to do NOTHING with your little feifdom.

Hadii Soomalinimo aad diideen, dee Waa lakum diinakum Waliyadiin.!!!!!!!

India   

Sophist

Never ever understood your calim to Sanaag??

I can appreciate that Sool is a disputed region and for the wrong reason (qabil) mainly from Puntland

Cayn: where on earth is this on the Somaliland or even on th Somalia map??

Please, I invite you to join us in the real world.

And please for the love of ALLAH dont go there with Sanaag....cause not only with that be laugable but it will be plain silly. Not even Bush would contemplate such foolishness. So dont even go there. EVER.

A Plus

Dusty.

Sooyaal, Its up to you if you have fallen for the secesionist line however Riyaale and his crew are misleading the people of the north west THEY where part of those who killed and maimed the people of the north west and yet southerners are blamed collectively.

Riyaale and his group are using the dead victims of the war to further their own ends. This is what I am against. Somaliland has no right under any law to secede thats why it has not been recognised thus far.

We will stress the facts yes there where victims in the north west under Siyad, yes there was clan baised under Siyad and even before but no it was not the "south" but the system in which the leaders some are dancing to took part in.

So Sooyaal be consistent, if you like Somalinimo then you cant like the Somaliland phantom Republic. And not everyone in former British Somaliland are for secession, ask Professor's Samatar, ask Galayr ask Kallun as k Gallib or Buba ask the people in Las Ano and have a referendum with the UN present but hey little old Sooyaal knows better right?

We will have our say trust me thats a promise

Save Somali unity

Hello Folks

I guess yu guys are still at it....LoL

Anyway, this is for my southern folks. I agree with Rahima. We should forget about united Somalia,but rather focus our energy on rebuilding our beloved Somalia.Somalinimo should be a choice. Those who choose not to join us should be left alone. The most important goals for us now should be achieving lasting peace, desposing of warlords, restoring Somali statehood, reconciling and winning back our dignity. What happens in Hargiesa should be the least of our concerns.

Farther more I believe we should abandon the Pan-Somali Ideology. Neither SomaliGalbeed, SLand, or Jbouti is interested in one United Somalia. Chasing after an unrealistic goal is waste of time and energy. Our energy could be better utilized by protecting and promoting Somalia's interests in the Horn and the world. Let other somalis charter their own destiny.

sahal   

Che Guevra on what basis then we should stand as a state?

as an Imperial border or as a clan border?

if we stand as an imperial border:

Djibouti will claim part of Somaliland (Awdal), Puntland will claim its part (Sool, Sanaag bari, & cayn)

If ****** liberated it will demand part of south of somalia, on the top of that puntland may not join the rest of south Somalia if Soamliland seperated rather it claim part of south and part of ****** (if liberated), the south will also demand part of ****** and may seperate into 4 or more parties (Bay & bakool, Jubbas, Benaadir, Hiiraan enz.).

and this claims will definetly mean a war and more blood another so-called civil war.

Warmoog   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Hadii Soomalinimo aad diideen, dee Waa lakum diinakum Waliyadiin.

Sophist. Secession is already a heated topic, let's not throw more fuel onto the fire with talk of false issues. Last time I checked, separatists were seeking a political breakaway... not a cultural one. If you're implying those who seek secession (Somalilanders in this case) are rejecting 'Somalinimo', then you're simply mistaken. Equating being Somali (a cultural/ethnic identity) with being a part of 'greater Somalia' (a political entity) is quite a clever ploy... but it does little to simplify or even address the complex underlying issues.

Salaamz.

Rahima   

RAHIMA, Can I ask u this question?

When u r saying I don't mind if Somaliland seprate from us since they don't want to be part of us ... don't u know (or you're happy about it) that they're not cutting somalia from their territories but rather they want to take three main other tripes territories?

I must admit I do have some reservations with respect to the exact borders of Somaliland, but I’m not understanding what all the fanfare is about. I mean we are so willing to accept some lines drawn up for us by our white gaalo colonisers, why is it that we cannot make our own now and let the folks of Somaliland go on their merry way. I know I’m just been idealistic here (nothing can ever be that simple with Somalis), but it’s about free and fair elections (from an independent body, I find an approval rate of 99.95 % or something as such very hard to swallow) were held in these regions (Sool, Sanaag and Awdal) and the people allowed to vote for their destiny. If they so choose to be with Somaliland, we wish them luck.

Nonetheless, yes I do have concerns about this problem (as any person who is not from Somaliland would), but my point was about the general idea.

Now, please let’s begin to discuss that which will be constructive to Somalia and move on from Somaliland. Our problems are far greater right now.