Sign in to follow this  
milk

The right men for the job Abdulah Yusef president

CY waa gacan ku dhiglee xun! I will not advis any 1 to chose him as a leder. I think they should bann all warlords from the meeting, or trow them in jail!

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Abdilaahi Yusuf seems cornered by a strong and organised Artha Faction.

looooool. qosol badanaa.

:D . Wallee Baashi iyo Gediidow, Suldaanka ayaa xikamadiiba ku dambaysay. Bahal kulul ayuu u hoos galiyay raggii meeshan ku doodayay.

Yeniceri   

I just wanna clarify on the point of Cabdullahi Yusuf and his capacity as leader in Somalia's Northeast, i.e. Puntland. I hope the staunch CY supporters are familiar with the historical fact that, prior to the 1998 creation of 'Puntland,' the Northeast was relatively peaceful and led by the SSDF Central Committee. The point is: the Northeast has always been a place of peace with or without Cabdullahi Yusuf as 'leader.' And don't even get me started on how illegitimate his so-called leadership is. Only reason he's even alive is because people are tired of fighting the old fart. That's to say, his opposition in Puntland cares far too much for the interests of peace and prosperity than for political hunger!

...hoodi...dalaq... salaan..

...Col. C/llaahi Yuusuf “Soomaaliya uma baahna wadaad gacma jilicsan ee waxey u baahan tahay habaarqabe hanitya, habaar-qabena waa aniga C/llaahi ahâ€

Waaq   

Originally posted by Nugaali:

I just wanna clarify on the point of Cabdullahi Yusuf and his capacity as leader in Somalia's Northeast, i.e. Puntland. I hope the staunch CY supporters are familiar with the historical fact that, prior to the 1998 creation of 'Puntland,' the Northeast was relatively peaceful and led by the SSDF Central Committee. The point is: the Northeast has always been a place of peace with or without Cabdullahi Yusuf as 'leader.' And don't even get me started on how illegitimate his so-called leadership is. Only reason he's even alive is because people are tired of fighting the old fart. That's to say, his opposition in Puntland cares far too much for the interests of peace and prosperity than for political hunger!

Well said. I hate how these posts always turn into a discussion among a bunch of horrible choices. The current of crop of candidates is an embrassment. My belief is that the only way out of this mess is to reduce the role of government, and increase the role of the private sector at least till Somalia can develop enough leaders untainted by the corrupt and bankrupt soceity that now exists.

Xudeedi   

I vote for the Sanaag lady. She has all the qualifications to be president for future Somalia and hopefully shall all Somalis realize that though Majority do know her.

This is her recent article to the current peace process.............................

STATUS OF SOMALI PEACE PROCESS AND WAY FORWARD

Monday March 01 2004

To: Secretary General UN

Cc: UN Security Council

Cc: American Embassy –Nairobi

Cc: International Community

Cc: African Union

Cc: IGAD facilitation committee

Cc: Arab League-Special Envoy For Somalia

STATUS OF SOMALI PEACE PROCESS AND WAY FORWARD

Somali delegates in Somali National Reconciliation Conference, Mbagathi, converged to discuss the recently amended charter on the 23rd February 2004. After deliberation, the delegates endorsed the amendments unanimously. The charter was adopted by the plenary on September 15 last year but was opposed by section of Somali leaders and this difference was addressed by the consultative meeting that brought on board the rest of Somali leaders. The Somali leaders brought together in Safari Park Hotel agreed on the harmonized position on the contentious issues in the charter and was officiated at State House Nairobi, 29th January, 2004.

The plenary was meant for the delegates to endorse the harmonized agreement made by the so-called leaders. The same leaders who made their commitment hijacked the plenary to endorse the amendments. The delegates were not given the platform and the plenary was overpowered in that regard. However, in my opinion and considering the plight of our population at home we need to speed up the process. All these documents around are not our makings and we cannot in any way correct the mistakes in the background of the divergent views but remedy belie on going ahead with the process and the parliamentarians will finally resolved the discrepancies.

Obviously some disgruntled SRRC lodicules tried to frustrate the conclusion citing their claim and flimsy points. The issue of who is a recognised leader erupted once more, but as you are aware Somalia does not have proper leaders in context of universally accepted definition of a leader since the collapse of last regime. In the light of that it would disgraceful for responsible of the misery in Somalia to claim to be a leader.

The genuine traditional elders are the relevant leaders in their respective sub-clans level. Surely, true leadership is not self-imposed but by popular mandate. The question of sticking to 25 leaders leaves out important personalities and the criteria of selecting the so-called signatories to cessation of hostilities is itself questionable.

The reasons behind those insisting on the 25 leaders are based on a notion of exclusive ownership of the process. Somali people have suffered for long period both as refugee and as Internal Displaced Peoples (I.D.PS) at the hands of these warlords. Human rights violation in the areas controlled by various warlords is a common phenomenon. Their performance record in their respective constituencies disqualifies them to be leaders.

This conference is the last hope for Somalia and the population that was all along suffering. The AU, IGAD, International community, and United States should take firm action against those obstructing the positive steps. Those who for selfish desires want to extended the enslavement of the Somali people have to be given critical and hard look.

The issues returns to the docket of the International community when those endowed with the responsibility of alleviating the problems facing Somali people fail to do so. The statement from the UN Security Council was a sigh of relief and has to be implemented to bring together the moving goal post.

I urge the international community and the government of Kenya in particular to continue assisting the Somali refugees until their country is settled. Likewise my profound gratitude to those who committed both human and material resources to salvage Somali people from brutality. Lastly may I appeal for your patience in ensuring that Somalia once more returns to the family of nations.

Thanks you

Asha Ahmed Abdalla

Woman politician

Phone: 0722 58 32 67

Gabbal   

his opposition in Puntland cares far too much for the interests of peace and prosperity than for political hunger

And that's why we applaud them. For keeping the peace of the region and helping the people to prosper where in a viable time, the shacbi can get rid of A. Yusuf in a peaceful manner.

For those of you who wish to shove the maniac down our throat, why should we, the Somali nation, elect a would-be dictator who only acts on the interest of his own jilib even against those who we assume as his closest kin and of his sub-sub-clan? The man, forgoodnesssake, divides his "own" territory in to his sub-sub-sub-subclan in one corner and is sub-subclan and "others" into one corner. I will leave it up to you nomads to figure out which corner is the "fortunate" corner.

Jumatatu   

The right man for the job...indeed..!

"Kulan adag oo shalay dhex maray beelaha ***** ayaa la isku mari waayay ka dib markii uu Col C/llaahi yuusuf uu ku gacansayray talooyin ay soo jeediyeen gudiga dhexdhexaadin ah oo ka socday isla beeshaas. Col C/llaahi Yuusuf Axmad ayaa ku adkaysanaya in uu isagu xaq u leeyahay in uu magacaabo xubnaha soo gaaray beesha maadaama uu isagu u taliyo dawlad gobaleedka ay beelahaasi leeyihiin ee ka jra puntland, halka ay siyaasiyiinta iyo waxgaradka kale intiuba ku adkaysanayaan in ay habbon tahay in ay beel ahaan iyo jufo jufo wax u qaybsadaan "

Read more on C/llaahi Yuusuf Oo Diiday Talada Gudiga Khilfaadka Ee Beeshiisa,

Please spare us the senseless propoganda

Pacifist   

Wow wow wow

We never change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya Allah Only time will tell but inshallah if all is well and justice is served... They will all i mean all one by one be in cell Block 4238. They will be triad in International Criminal Court.

Tell me who speaks for all those innocent dead people who were killed by your so called leaders huh???

What about the 14 yrs old boys and girls who can tell you everything about an AK47 but know nothing about education?

Someone's hero is anothers Warlord!