Sign in to follow this  
Xarago

AU mission to Somaliland says recognition overdue

Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

Can someone provide the list of somalia's first government (cabinet ministers)?

You can find here the governments of '60s and their respective cabinet posts in each year. Though the 1960 cabinet link is broken [other links all work fine], here is a corrected link of 1960. [scroll down.] It is the same list like the 1961.

I copy-paste the '60 cabinet list, plus the Afhayeenka Baarlamaanka:

P resident: Aaden Cabdulle Cismaan

Prime Minister: Cabdirashiid Cali Sharmaarke

Deputy Prime Minister: Cabdi Xasan Booni

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Cabdullaahi Ciise Max'uud

Minister of Internal Affairs: C/risaaq Xaaji Xuseen

Minister of Defence: Max'ed Xaaji Ibraahim Cigaal

Minister of Justice: Max'uud Axmed Maxamed Aaden

Minister of Information: Cali Max'ed Hiraabe

Minister of Education: Cali Garaad Jaamac

Minister of Health and Labour: Sheekh Cali Jimcaale

Minister of Finance: C/qaadir Max'ed Aadan Soobe

Minister of Public Works and Communications: Cabdinuur Max'ed Xuseen

Minister of Industry and Trade: Sheekh Cabdullaahi Max'uud

Minister of Agriculture: Axmed Xaaji Ducaale

Minister of General Affairs: Cismaan Max'uud Ibraahim

President of National Assembly: Jaamac C/llaahi Qaalib

Two wasiiro, plus the Guddoomiyaha Baarlamaanka [i think he was from North]. Intaas ka badan miyaa la baray, considering there were only 14 ministries including the prime minister's office.

What further complicated was Northern candidates had their own minority parties, such Soomaali National Congress. The members of dominating Soomaali Youth League [sYL] were obviously who had the most cabinet posts. They later realized if they wanted a piece of ministrial cake, joining SYL was waxa ka horeeyo. That was when crossing back and forth across the floor in Baarlamaanka became a joke of itself, those who didn't get official posts used to go back to their own originally [some defuncted even] parties, unless they were satisfied.

That was the nature of politics these days, and it wasn't limited to reer Waqooyi Galbeed. Many created one-member-candidate -- they knew those they recruited had no chance of winning, only the party founder was a serious candidate -- parties to influence others or project themselves more important than they were.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

Can someone provide the list of somalia's first government (cabinet ministers)?

You can find
the governments of '60s and their respective cabinet posts in each year. Though the 1960 cabinet link is broken [other links all work fine], here is a corrected link of
. [scroll down.] It is the same list like the 1961.

I copy-paste the '60 cabinet list, plus the Afhayeenka Baarlamaanka:

P
resident: Aaden Cabdulle Cismaan

Prime Minister
: Cabdirashiid Cali Sharmaarke

Deputy Prime Minister
: Cabdi Xasan Booni

Minister of Foreign Affairs
: Cabdullaahi Ciise Max'uud

Minister of Internal Affairs
: C/risaaq Xaaji Xuseen

Minister of Defence
:
Max'ed Xaaji Ibraahim Cigaal

Minister of Justice
: Max'uud Axmed Maxamed Aaden

Minister of Information
: Cali Max'ed Hiraabe

Minister of Education
:
Cali Garaad Jaamac

Minister of Health and Labour
: Sheekh Cali Jimcaale

Minister of Finance
: C/qaadir Max'ed Aadan Soobe

Minister of Public Works and Communications
: Cabdinuur Max'ed Xuseen

Minister of Industry and Trade
: Sheekh Cabdullaahi Max'uud

Minister of Agriculture
: Axmed Xaaji Ducaale

Minister of General Affairs
: Cismaan Max'uud Ibraahim

President of National Assembly
:
Jaamac C/llaahi Qaalib

Two wasiiro, plus the Guddoomiyaha Baarlamaanka
[i think he was from North]
. Intaas ka badan miyaa la baray, considering there were only 14 ministries including the prime minister's office.

What further complicated was Northern candidates had their own minority parties, such Soomaali National Congress. The members of dominating Soomaali Youth League [sYL] were obviously who had the most cabinet posts. They later realized if they wanted a piece of ministrial cake, joining SYL was waxa ka horeeyo. That was when crossing back and forth across the floor in Baarlamaanka became a joke of itself, those who didn't get official posts used to go back to their own originally [some defuncted even] parties, unless they were satisfied.

That was the nature of politics these days, and it wasn't limited to reer Waqooyi Galbeed. Many created one-member-candidate -- they knew those they recruited had no chance of winning, only the party founder was a serious candidate -- parties to influence others or project themselves more important than they were.
Thank you MMA for providing this historical list of Somalia’s first government cabinet.

Suldaan claiming that sacred British Somaliland colony only get one minister position Egal under first Somali government!!

Hence tell:

1) For Somali citizens

How many ministers were from proper north Somalia (Somaliland+Puntland) Vs proper South somalia (south of Hobyo)

2) For European subjects (who still have colonial mentality)

how many ministers were from former British Somaliland vs. former Italian Somaliland?

Xarago   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Two wasiiro, plus the Guddoomiyaha Baarlamaanka
[i think he was from North]
. Intaas ka badan miyaa la baray, considering there were only 14 ministries including the prime minister's office.

What a good anology. Thus these gives you the right to have denied a region which has volunteerely merged with you without any condition the basic needs of development. Since you are into statitics Maskiin you can probably furnish us with the difference rate of injecting development between the regions of North and South. And while you are at it would you be kind enough to note down what important government offices or branches were in the North. Where were the tertiary level education colleges based in huuno? To say the least. Accounting for the number of 'wasiiros' walalo does not answer the injustices suffered by a region,not like the others, who could have gone differently but chose to merge and form a formidable Somali State yet were all wrong in their assumptions cause their aspiration was not mutual with that of the South of the border.

Soomaalida waxay ku maah-maahda 'mar ii dage Allah dago mar labaad ii dage aan is dagey' or something like that.

Jaylaani   

Mr. SOO MAALI

"Kaana siib kanna saar

...Allow yaa darwiishkii fariin dabacsan gaarsiiya,Allow yaa damaashaad farxad leh kala dul eedaama,Allow yaa dalkaagii ku dhaha dowlad nimo qaaday,Allow yaa af lama daaliyeeh daacad ugu sheega.â€Abdullaahi "Timacade"

Warryaa ninkaagan xiisaha badan hayoow in beenta laga sheego dadkii dhintay xaqmaaha. Nin yahaw wax isku fal.

It’s my civil duty to correct you when you’re misquoting dead Muslims. Once again please correct your self. TIMA CADE never wrote that poem.

I’m still scratching my head how you arrived from KANA SIIB KANA SAAR to the rest of the poem. They don’t even go together. Check your sources and correct your self accordingly. It’s the right thing to do. If you need help, let me know. I will be more than glad to tell you who the right author of that particular poem is.

P.S. Please don’t PM me. If you dispute my statement put it in public…

Originally posted by Xarago:

What a good anology. Thus these gives you the right to have denied a region which has volunteerely merged with you without any condition the basic needs of development. Since you are into statitics Maskiin you can probably furnish us with the difference rate of injecting development between the regions of North and South. And while you are at it would you be kind enough to note down what important government offices or branches were in the North. Where were the tertiary level education colleges based in huuno? To say the least. Accounting for the number of 'wasiiros' walalo does not answer the injustices suffered by a region...

Abaayadiis, somebody wrote in initial posts that Waqooyi Galbeed only one wasiir ayaa loo qoondeeye in '60 Cabinet, and that madaxweynaha, ra'iisul wasaaraha iyo guddoomiyaha baarlamaanka all hailed from Koonfurta in 1960. That was factually wrong. I thus was only refuting that part-- nothing more and nothing less.

About 'injustices' suffered by certain regions [this was '60s, keep in mind, hokey], that needs its own thread.

Ok guys, my bad, I forgot all about that old hag called Jamac Ghalib... But the point that was made still stands.

SOO MAAL

Sxb, listen, in 1960s it was your politicians that were against the Union. In fact it was Ali Garaad who bravely stood infront of the then Somaliland parliament and claimed "Umul ayaa la afartan bixiyaa, aynu Somaliland afartan bixino"... he was chazed down the streets of Hargeisa for calling that. The majority, wanted a union, the majority got its way.

Today it is no different. Its the leftovers of Afweyne's regime like you, that are against Somaliland's independence. But just like 1960s, the majority will once again have its way, and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. Therefore sxb, waxba ha is xiijin.

Jaylaani   

What happened in 1960 wasn’t Southern Somalia’s fault. Those somalilanders got too emotional liker little b.itches and surrendered their sovereignty with no condition. We got what we deserve and we paid huge prize for it. However, things are different now. We know better and we will never make the same mistake twice. Simply the will of the people will prevail.

I love all my Somalis. I’m a product of all of them, from Djibouti to Mogadishu. I just think we're better apart than together.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

I love all my Somalis. I’m a product of all of them, from Djibouti to Mogadishu. I just think we're better apart than together.

Me too, I love each and every Somali, if Somalia is divisible, then former British Somaliland (some call it Somaliland) is also divisible. If Somalia will be divided then northwest (Somaliland) and north central Somalia (sool sanaag and cayn) better apart than together.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

SOO MAAL

Sxb, listen, in 1960s it was your politicians that were against the Union. In fact it was Ali Garaad who bravely stood infront of the then Somaliland parliament and claimed "Umul ayaa la afartan bixiyaa, aynu Somaliland afartan bixino"... he was chazed down the streets of Hargeisa for calling that. The majority, wanted a union, the majority got its way.

Today it is no different. Its the leftovers of Afweyne's regime like you, that are against Somaliland's independence. But just like 1960s, the majority will once again have its way, and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. Therefore sxb, waxba ha is xiijin.

Suldaan,

In 1960 the people of north central Somalia wanted union with their brotherly Somali people (what matters is the people not few individuals)

Today still the majority of Somali people in the north support union over division. It’s the leftovers of colonial foot soldiers and SNM (extremist tribal faction) want to divide brother Somali people because of greed and foreign agenda. SXB , for 17 years you were dreaming, its better you wake up and smell the coffee, the world don’t a tribal-fiethdom

Xoogsade   

Oodweyne, I will reply to you when you write a noncontradictory piece about Rudyard Kipling's bigotted views without the cheap clanish insults.

It is quite evident the intensions of Europe were not to civilize anyone but to rob the locals and rape them culturally, consequently introducing decadence such as prostitution and homosexuality and all kinds of bigotry and devision into the invaded societies so they can rule them.

Columbus, the head of the globalization of greed put it bluntly in his journal when he met the first native Americans: "They are fit to be ordered about and made to work to sow and everything else that may be needed, Nothing was lacking but to know the language and to give them orders because all that they are ordered to do they will do, they will do without opposition". This was the mentality of every whiteman who went to a nonwhite country where the natives culturally welcomed strangers to their homes and shared their resources.

My point of referring to Rudyard Kipling's poem was to point out that a history written for Somalis by these thugs should not be used as a means of devision. I am not patriotic or give a hoot of who wants to go if that is what some want, at the same time, if some somali clans/clan want to go, they will have difficult time achieving that objective.

Xoogsade   

Mr.Oodweyne, my apologies then if you weren't downplaying rudyard's poem on one hand and then giving it legitimacy on the other by pointing to the status of where some political confusion and mayhem exists in the country. I understood what you were trying to say about Rudyard and his views which were based on and driven by his orientalism and profound pro-emperialism. I read most of his poems including the one purported to prove his humility and caution of note to his fellow emperialists Recessional.

Anyway, again, my objective of mentioning the poem was to point out that if somalis want to settle their disputes, history written for them and how their land was curved by men like Rudyard should be off the table as an argument. We both agree that Men like Rudyard were not sailing the world for edification's sake but for the virtual salvation of a self-absorbed white world which found itself in dire straits, its environment depleted after centuries of dedicated abuse. Greed was their religion. My fault Mr.Oodweyne.

I do have a room for improvements and don't see lack of comprehension here or there to be a setback.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Anyway, again, my objective of mentioning the poem was to point out that if somalis want to settle their disputes, history written for them and how their land was curved by men like Rudyard should be off the table as an argument.

Bull's eye.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by SOO MAAL:

quote:Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Me too, I love each and every Somali, if Somalia is divisible, then former British Somaliland (some call it Somaliland) is also divisible. If Somalia will be divided then northwest (Somaliland) and north central Somalia (sool sanaag and cayn) better apart than together.
Lol@ I love all Somalis…I don’t actually believe you. The only thing I seen you addressed so far in your postings is very specific region and particular people. Plus you insist on lying and misquoting people. Which is no, no in my book.

Back to the topic.

We talking about nations here with recognized and defined borders not regions. No body is dividing anything. It was a marriage gone badly and divorce is eminent. Sool and sanag are part of Somaliland no matter what you think. Just like so called “Puntland†being part of Somalia.

SOO MAAL   

Jaylani

You are big liar and full of hatred, 100% of your posting are pro-one-clan faction (Somaliland), anti-Somalia, anti-north-central (Sool sanaag and cayn region)

You are violent self-appointed spokesman of northwest (Somaliland=formerly SNM) in this forum, therefore, stop being hypocritical and don’t Shoot yourself in the Foot by falsely accuse me that I address only particular region of Somalia.

For me, Baydhabo and Hargeysa are same they are both two cities in my country, but for you it is not (that fact explains which one of us loves all somali people regardless of clan affiliation or which former colonial that colonized their home-region)

Former British Somaliland was created by Gaallo and ceased to exist in 1960. Northwest and north-central Somalia was never one entity apart from the brief history of forced colonial rule (there was long history before and after that dark colonial period). I want to be a co-citizen with al Somali people from all regions of Somalia from awdal, bari, hiiraan, shabelle, juba, etc

I am keen supporter of united Somalia, and of course I want my region north central Somalia to be an integral part of united Somalia nothing more.

NO one will recognize your clan-faction, so keep daydreaming, the fact Somalia will say united and the whole world respects the territorial integrity of Somalia.

Our discussion is getting extremely unhealthy, I suggest you to end it.