Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Somaliland Picture Gallery!!!

Ibtisam   

loool^^ me too. how much does it cost i wonder? :confused:

Nameless and Azmaya:

WAKE UP: i would rather Somali divided and moving forward or at least showing signs of development in some parts, rather than united in name and a failed state for the next 100years. Azmaya you are an idealist.

And let me tell you honey, you do distinguish between people, if not you would not be denying the identity of a whole region. Unity is based on equality and respect, something that is lacking in somali's, and reflected in people like you. ;)

in any case using the term Somaliland has nothing to do with qabill it is region, which was always called Somaliland. Everyone should build their own back yard and stabilising before you start dreaming about a greater "somalia" only thing Somalia is known for is war, famine, malnutrition and disease. It is this cycle you should be trying to break, not people's identity.

cheers

Jaylaani   

Ibtisam,

Well said. If people would just recognize those factors you mentioned above things would have been much better for ALL Somalis.

Azmaya,

There is nothing wrong with building your homes and empowering your people.

Would you feel better if Somaliland was in the same situation as the rest of Somalia?

According to your statements, I think you would.

Imagine if Somaliland was sitting there waiting for Somali warlords to get their act together for the last 15 yrs? I think Somaliland people deserve to be acknowledged of their hard work.

As far as political side of the equation goes, you’re entitled to your opinion. You just can’t say somebody doesn’t exist just because his or her political position is different from yours.

Have a great day.

Saalixa   

I dont know whats the big arguement about.

Somaliland is a country still not recognised but has hardworking citizen. Recognition is not everything. Greator somalia has recognition and fund from the international community but still is in the same state under corruption of dictotors and uncivilized people who know only how to work with guns.

I'd choose Peace where ever i'am no matter what the rest of the world thinks. Nabada wax walbaan uu bixin laha walee!

Azmaya   

Responses:

Nameless and Azmaya:

WAKE UP: i would rather Somali divided and moving forward or at least showing signs of development in some parts, rather than united in name and a failed state for the next 100years. Azmaya you are an idealist.

Ibtisam, nope not an idealist, I am the type of gal who believes in one land, one people, one deen, one flag, united from east to west, north to south in peace, most of us feel that way.

Let it be progress in any region, I am not against that walaalo I want nothing more then progress for Somalia, I am against division into countries based on regions. Lord how many times do I have to repeat myself.

And let me tell you honey, you do distinguish between people, if not you would not be denying the identity of a whole region. Unity is based on equality and respect, something that is lacking in somali's, and reflected in people like you. ;)

And let me tell you honey, what is the identity of that whole region? There are different qabils who reside in that region-but that identity of the whole region belongs to only one? Just as I am against a Jewish state built on racism & derision for other races, I am against an Ethnic State, not built on equality & respect but on racism & division. You don’t know me so don’t get it twisted.

in any case using the term Somaliland has nothing to do with qabill it is region, which was always called Somaliland. Everyone should build their own back yard and stabilising before you start dreaming about a greater "somalia" only thing Somalia is known for is war, famine, malnutrition and disease. It is this cycle you should be trying to break, not people's identity.

Sweetie, “Somaliland†has everything to do with qabil, do some research before you speak. It seems your having hard time understanding. Let me repeat again: Against dividing Somalia into countries based on qabil, since in all regions are predominantly qabil based, NOT identities of certain groups. And I do plan to help my people-SOMLIA inshallah. Its very pathetic to label me or anyone against division of Somalia as anti “somaliland†or qabilayste no we believe in the unity of the country & peaceful coexistance.

Salaamz

Nazir   

Azmaya Dream ON

There is no such thing as united somalia and somaliwayn you can only find that in lala land.. more like a barbie world, its all a fantasy so get your mind out of the gutter dear.

As somaliland look at the pictures its growning faster than nairobi.

Azmaya   

Response to Jay

Azmaya,

There is nothing wrong with building your homes and empowering your people.

Who said there was walaalo?

Would you feel better if Somaliland was in the same situation as the rest of Somalia?

No walaalo, u misinterpret my statements. I am against division of Somalia & the constant push down our throats of “somaliandâ€.

Imagine if Somaliland was sitting there waiting for Somali warlords to get their act together for the last 15 yrs? I think Somaliland people deserve to be acknowledged of their hard work.

Never mentioned waiting and not improving the region that is progress that I not only welcome but support strongly.

As far as political side of the equation goes, you’re entitled to your opinion. You just can’t say somebody doesn’t exist just because his or her political position is different from yours.

Walaalo, surprised I am entitled to my opinion on this site & opposing views to “Somaliland†are not censored in here, since the way I see it this is pushed in politics section on this forum & and no strong presence of a call for unity, or the views of people from other regions is no where to be found here. Never said “somebody†doesn’t exist, I said “Somaliland†doesn’t. It is region, not a country.

Have a great day.

You do the same walaalo.

salaamz smile.gif

Nasir: :rolleyes: better expression ;)

SOO MAAL   

First, Thank you bro Red sea for the great pictures

I am disappointed that the thread turned into political debate, anyways the issue is not the usage of the word Somaliland but the problem is the faction based in Hergeysa that promotes the division of Somali people, today equally all Somali factions/leaders share lack of rational, and logical judgment let alone leadership.

Asmaya, Red sea is a true Somali in all its meaning

I am Somali from northern Somalia (or what use to be former British Somaliland that ceased to exist 1960). I am for optional union of all Somali regions; a unity that’s based on fairness is the best option for everyone

I believe the Hergeysa faction had missed several golden opportunities to lead all Somalia, I don’t understand why would Hargeysa faction wants to reinstate the unjust imaginary borderline between Laascaanood and Garowe (made by Gaalo British), that’s the major reason I am against Hergeysa faction’s ideology.

If Hergeysa faction extends their claim to all Somalia/or all northern Somalia, in another words when Hergeysa faction claims Garowe and other Somalia cities, it will more sense, certainly I will have a more favorable opinion toward Hergeysa faction, I don’t see why Hergeysa faction should claim Laascaanood and not Garowe or Bosaaso - the northernmost city in Somalia?

Why discrimination on the basis of ex-colonial master, since the imaginary borderline between Laascaanood and Garowe ceased to exist 1960 is irrelevant today as Berlin wall that ceased to exist 1990. A Somali who wants to reinstate the unjust imaginary borderline between Laascaanood and Garowe (that’s drawn by Gaalo British) is like a German who wants to reinstate the Berlin Wall (that’s drawn by US/RUSSIA). I can understand why an Ethiopian wants the unjust imaginary borderline between Laascaanood and Domco/Burco and Gaashamo/Jigjiga and Hargeysa/Somalia and the occupied Somali region. BUT certainly not a somali

For me Somaliland means (Land of Somalis) all the territories of Somali peninsula, which includes Djibouti (Former French Somalia), Somalia (former British Somaliland + former Italian Somaliland), Western Somaliland occupied by Ethiopia, South Somaliland (NFD)occupied by Kenya

Fact: a significant portion of the population of western regions of former British Somali colony prefer to secede from Somalia, a referendum in northwest region should solve the secession issue

Fact: the huge majority of eastern regions of former British Somali colony support United Somalia, and they deserve to be respected, a referendum in north-central Somalia (Sool Sanaag and Cayn) should solve the SSC crisis – the pro-unity regions.

Fact: To be truthful, to a lesser part, there is the tribal element in every Somali political ideology

I urge both secessionists and Unionists to face realities, respect the differing views, shun extremism,/tribalism, and be open-minded to any solution that can bring peace co-existence and safety in our homeland, even if it is the partition of both Somalia and Somaliland

Common sense: If Somalia is divisible, similarly Somaliland is also divisible

If the person who believes the unity of Somalia is an idealist, we can also certainly say also the person who believes the unity of Somaliland is also an idealist

Note to extremists and selfish people in both secessionist and unionist camps; you cannot justify a self-determination for yourself when you deny the same right of self-determination for others because that’s extreme hypocrisy

Although Unity is something noble, I believe Somali people/regions should willingly and freely accept UNITY, otherwise no one people/region should be imposed to join Somalia or Somaliland if they don’t want to part of it. Democracy and self-determination of every and each people/region within Somalia and Somaliland should be the solution

ElPunto   

I don't get some of the commentary. Posting pictures of a region(or independant state as you may view it) has nothing to do with whether you accept it's self-proclaimed independance. All it shows are signs of progress and advancment which every well-intentioned Somali should admire. I don't support Somaliland independance but I have nothing but admiration and good wishes for every improvement they make. Can't we just leave it at that????

Jaylaani   

CUDURKAA KAA GALA FARADAHA

HADIILAGA GUBO DAMEER

DAWADA LAM GAADHAYOO

------

IYANA WAXAAN KAGA GUDBAA

GOBAY LIICOO HA JABIN

Somali Republic was a union gone badly. The earlier you acknowledge that the better. Finding Somaliland wasn't a joke. We lost a lot of people as a result. We’re the only people who embraced and sacrificed for Somaliweyn more than any one else yet, we’re blamed for its failure by certain narrow minded individuals. That is really amazing to me.

Some Body with a .... SOO MAAL stated that Somaliland had a golden opportunity to lead Somalia. One would wonder why. Why would any one wants to go back the same situation he was fighting against yesterday. Somaliland people aren’t power hungry society. No need for us to over power Somalis just because we can. That is the same ideology we resented. We decided to focus on our own problems and build our homes. That is what any human being with a half of brain would do.

Our men were killed, our women were raped and our houses were destroyed in the hands of our so-called Somalis BORTHERS just because of who we’re. I think this time we better try to find what we can do for our selves without merging with anyone and comprising our political existence. The bottom line is Somali people are better of apart than united. History has proven that and only knucklehead would ignore such phenomena.

I realized one thing though, those individuals who hate Somaliland the most aren’t Somali brothers and sisters from Somali proper (south). They’re Somalilanders WITH INTERNAL MOTIVES that has nothing to do with Somali Wayn.

Waxaan kula talin lahaa kuwaas. Waxaad Somaliland ku wayday Somalia ku heli maysid.

One last suggestion, instead of wasting your precious time and energy discrediting Somaliland focus on your own. Smart person would that.

SOO MAAL,

History lesson about Somaliland and Somalia is no longer needed. This is the 21-century every Somali person knows about Somali history. Perhaps you just find that out? I don’t know. Yet again you have a .... so this cut and paste “COMMON†knowledge was expected of you. You sound like broken record. In every thread I see, you say the same thing....

There are other Somalis in Somaliland beside your self who doesn't agree with Somaliland political strategy, big deal. There is something called Majority rules and Minority rights…..you need to get with the program and move on. Somaliland ain’t going nowhere. The will of the people (majority of the people) will prevail. It always has.

I was just wondering if you have ACID REFLUX.

With all the cuqdad filled in side of you, how do you sleep at night?

[ April 22, 2006, 00:59: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

SOO MAAL   

Somaliweyn/Pansomalia was an ideology to unite all Somali people politically/economically/socially… after colonial era where foreign powers divided Somali peninsula to exploit land of Somalis. All Somali people contributed equally to make the Somaliweyn dream a reality naf iyo maal ba waa loo huray

Exceptional individuals Sayid the first armed resistance against European colonialist to establish somaliweyn, Timacadde, Cabdulaahi Qarshe, Adam Cusmaan Somalia’s first president and the founding father of modern Somalia.

Modern Somalia is a country created by Somali people themselves in1960. Somalia became a failed-state in 1991 politically. Today still Somalia don’t have a workable government

British Somaliland protectorate is a former British colony created by Europeans in 1884 (Berlin Conference) without any consultation with Somali people. Somali never had an idea of new colonies until turn of the century. British Somaliland colony ceased to exist 1960 (almost 46 years ago). In 1991 SNM of one Somali clan-factions changed its name to Republic of Somaliland claimed the territories of all former British Somaliland and declared independence without any discussion with various regions/clan of former British Somaliland. Today after 16 years the Hergeysa faction is still unrecognized by international community because a rebellious clan militia cannot became a nation-state.

Our men were killed, our women were raped and our houses were destroyed in the hands of our so-called Somalis BORTHERS just because of who we’re.

Then why you support Riyaale faction unwanted intervention and aggression against north-central Somalia (Sool sanaag and Cayn =the eastern regions of former British Somaliland)

The bottom line is Somali people are better of apart than united.

If that’s true then northwest and north-central (Sool Sanaag and Cayn) are better apart than united, I don’t understand why you want to divide Somalia and not Somaliland, As a northern I believe if Somalia is divisible likewise Somaliland is also devisable.

I believe the union/secession should be the last thing we should worry; All Somali people should work the peace/progress of their town/province//region. Then we can talk about united Somalia or united Somaliland

Jaylaani,

I realized one thing though, those individuals who hate Somaliland the most aren’t Somali brothers and sisters from Somali proper (south). They’re Somalilanders WITH INTERNAL MOTIVES that has nothing to do with Somali Wayn.

Because you realized there is other northern Somali people who believe unity or at least against to be part of Somaliland, you accuse them hate, doesn’t make a sense

According to your statement, because you are against united Somalia we can accuse also hate

Waxaan kula talin lahaa kuwaas. Waxaad Somaliland ku wayday Somalia ku heli maysid.

Ana waxaan kule talin lahaa, waxaad Somalia ka waydey, Somaliland iyo former spy Mr Riyaale kama helesid

instead of wasting your precious time and energy discrediting Somaliland focus on your own.

I think this will make more logic “instead of wasting your precious time and energy discrediting Somalia focus on your ownâ€

Stop unfounded accusations, just because I don’t want to be part of Somaliland doesn’t mean I discrediting Somaliland, according to your statement we can also realize that you are discrediting Somalia

Clearly understand this I have nothing against Somaliland, even I am not against their secession lately, as long as Somaliland ends medaling the affairs of north-central Somalia (sool sanaag and cayn). The painful circumstances in Somalia is very horrible (Somalia/Somaliland/Puntland are last the of any international ranking), If dividing up Somalia/Somaliland/or Puntland will bring peace and some progress why not ?

There are other Somalis in Somaliland beside your self who doesn't agree with Somaliland political strategy, big deal. There is something called Majority rules and Minority rights…..you need to get with the program and move on. Somaliland ain’t going nowhere. The will of the people (majority of the people) will prevail. It always has.

I think this will make more logic “There are other Somalis in united Somlia beside your self who doesn't agree with Somalia political strategy, big deal. There is something called Majority rules and Minority rights…..you need to get with the program and move on. Somalia will stay as it is. The will of the people (majority of the people) will prevail. It always hasâ€

I thought the topic was about secession and self-determination of various regions, if it is about majority/ rule it is better, lets see what the majority of the people of Somalia decide???!!!

I was just wondering if you have ACID REFLUX.

All praise is due to Allah, who give me a good health, I never wish for a follow Muslim/ human being a disease, acudubilaah

As usual you choose baseless accusations, offending, name-calling, and insulting the intelligence of the people who have opposite opinion of yours

Again I decided to not insult you personally and focus on the issue at hand, I think you testing my patience, I will repeat my self another time

Don’t think other cannot use offensive words like you “peanut size brianâ€, and “cluelessâ€.

focus on the issues NOT individuals, insulting SOO MAAL or others /calling them “peanut size brain†will not help present your case

I don’t understand why you choose to insult, every time I post my opinion? Using offensive words will not help make your views rational. I suggest to you to be polite and don’t insult others.

You should work on your language; you only respecting yourself when speak wisely and logically.

When you post your views next, keep in mind that you sharing with all members of this forum who have divergent views, so you don’t need to address SOO MAAL or insult him

My friend you broke the The Camel Milk Threads GOLDEN RULES, I advice to read all the rules carefully if you didn’t.

3-Language: do not use profanity, vulgarity or objectionable language.

7 - Flaming: absolutely no personal attacks (direct or indirect). Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated in any way. This includes any material which is vulgar, profane, defamatory, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

15 - Banning: if you are found breaking any of the above rules you may have your account deleted and your posting rights revoked. There may or may not be any warnings given, depending on the nature of the offense.

More: The Camel Milk Threads GOLDEN RULES

Jaylaani   

This will be my last time talking to you about this garbage so listen to me and listen good.

So you want to unite with Somalia than go...why are you keep crying about it? It's your people that are so divided not the rest of Somaliland people. I wish you guys were on the other side of the border. Yeah I said it. That is the truth. Somaliland people would have had fewer headaches without people like you who can’t make up their mind.

Every thing else you said is the same thing you have been saying for months. Come up with some thing deferent and logical.

If you don't believe that colonial borders made Africa than why are you keep quoting the MAD MULLAH for something he said 100 yrs ago to the white BRITISH colonial?

Waryaa Somali dynamics have changed so as Somali ideology. The harsh reality is Somalis are fighting against each other not European colonial. Mad mullah ideology is longer valid bro. Somali people have different perspectives about freedom these days.

This is a final warning. Address without name-calling. Otherwise your whole posts will be deleted, not edited from now on if any more aflagaado is seeing again.

[ April 22, 2006, 00:57: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

N.O.R.F   

^^What i still do not understand is the Somaliland is a tribal state business. Somalia has had more trouble over the past 15 years with tribalist (whether it be within one tribe or otherwise) than Somaliland. But yet Somaliland is the tribalist state?? Ahhh, i forgot, because there is a majority tribe who does not abuse its powers on the minority tribes therefore its tribalist state :rolleyes:

You have a place where tribes have an understanding and agree that peace, stability and progress is the key and another place where the tribes have utter hate and mistrust towards eachother wiich continually feeds the violence and helpless state.

A dose of realism doesnt hurt people.

RedSea   

ASSALAMU CALAYKUM,

Asmaya mission accomplished sister, where to go for ruining the thread.

Bal aan isku dayo in aan dabo qabto hada caanahay daadisay walaalsheen Asmaya.

To Ibti, Scarface, you wanted to know how much they cost, I think it depends whom you go to ask. Well if you ask me my favorite contractor is Daryeel Construction company, then Lucky Star construction company. But Daryeel has built the majority of those buildings. There are also more.

Check out their website. http://www.daryeel.com/services.htm or http://www.daryeel.com/

also check out the outdated but still looking great buildings of Lucky Star.

And Lucky Star http://www.lstarconstruction.com/home.html

You compare and decide. If you are not serious about buying or building a home, then just enjoy the pictures fadlan.

And please brothers and sisters, I urge you to stop this nonsense that we all have encountered before, it's not new debate, it's the same old tired arguments that we've been hearing in the last---- I don't know---15 years.