Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

A glimpse of history, Biadoa the city of death

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Easy with your sweeping statements adeer, unless of course you have something to back up with the alleged collaboration between Aweys and Aydiid in that tragic event of Bay region! That the men belong to the same sub-clan is a fact, but as far as I know they have never been political allies. Aweys was a high-ranking member of Al-Itihad Org, an armed Islamist group whose shabaabs fought Aydiid’s USC in both Jubbooyinka and Gedo regions.

Edet: Welcome back yaa Sakhar...i thought the old man took you away
:D
!

Facts maxaa lagufalaa? They serve no purpose in this thread yaa Xiin.

^Sakhar has been away from SOL boards for the last few weeks, if not months. Last time he was with us, he was quite peculiar in his desire to win every argument he participated, including arithmetical formats :D …so I am assuming that his long absence have not impacted his style in so far as claiming the summit of every debate is concerned. Of course I am excluding the remote possibility that he has indeed come back as a changed man!

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^Sakhar has been away from SOL boards for the last few weeks, if not months. Last time he was with us, he was quite peculiar in his desire to win every argument he participated, including arithmetical formats
:D
…so I am assuming that his long absence have not impacted his style in so far as claiming the summit of every debate is concerned. Of course I am excluding the remote possibility that he has indeed come back as a changed man!

Lol,looking strictly at this topic,I dont see the Hon.Sakhar changing his stance,style & senses.

Talk of shooting oneself on the foot...

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Emperor:

Morgan had nothing to do with Boidoa, never controlled that city not even passed throught it in the long Somali civil war, he only visited there in 2001/2002 during Arta and it was controlled by Shaargaduud at the time. Bring your proof, present any concrete evidence otherwise shut it up, please we are not discussing the issue of SL here, keep it a low profile...

"The inter-riverine people were trapped between Aideed’s forces in the north, Barre’s in southwest, and Morgan’s—Barre’s son-in law—in the south, in what became known as the ‘triangle of death’. Baidoa, the capital of the region became also known as the ‘city of the walking dead’. It is estimated that nearly 500,000 people died in the man-made famine that followed."

http://www.somali-jna.org/downloads/Agro-pastoralists%20MH%20Mukhtar%20ROAPE96.doc

As for Qaybdiid and the TFG comment, I have answered many similar questions in this thread, you may re-browse and have a look at them. Very simple really.

This is what you claimed :

"The leaders and architects of this genoside are being hunted by the TFG, they are not helped or empowered but weakened by the TFG..."

Col. Qaybdiid was forced to flee by the Islamic Courts and is now the TFG's chief of police. Gen. Morgan was a nobody and is now taking part in the Mogadishu massacres. Who are you trying to kid? Who is leading this TFG's "hunt of architects of genocide", Col. Qaybdiid himself? Please don't try to insult our intelligence with that sort of crap.

Gabbal   

Marxalad xun ayuu dalka ku jiray, alle hau naxariisto waxii dhibaato gaarto. May god's mercy be on those tortured and burned in oil as well as those starved.

Shaydaan baa dadka ka dhex shaqaynaye there is no other way to explain it in the same way shaydaan is behind the individuals who are highlighting such a dark time for political purposes.

Duke and his minions are the same individuals who defended Abdullahi Yusuf's "we told the civilians to clear Mogadishu and if they suffer as casualties due to our shelling it is their fault" and now they are the vanguard of civil and human rights. Aduunyo.

Emperor   

Ayoub, Sxb I have said my bit regarding the TFG and it's members, go and search for it.

"The inter-riverine people were trapped between Aideed’s forces in the north, Barre’s in southwest, and Morgan’s—Barre’s son-in law—in the south, in what became known as the ‘triangle of death’.

The inter-everine, better pay attention properly not necesserily Baidoa, take my word for it, Morgan have never stepped a foot in that city during that time. Yes there was a time when the combined greater clan was fighting against Aideed militia at two fronts, Morgans militia were coming from Kismayo went through Shalanbood and the lower shabelle and reached all the way to Afgoi, while Barre's SNF militia came through Bay and Bakool and went through Baidoa, the two met in Afgoye, Morgan never went near the regions of Bay and Bakool never encountered and fought any militia from those regions, his enemy combantants were Aideed's militia in lower Shabelle, that's historical fact, you want to twist history but thats not the way to do, everything is kept documented and the time wasn't that long ago, we still remember what happened... Do more searches by all means, Im sure you are so desperate to find any connection, please do so and present it.

Fabregas   

QUOTE:Thanks brother for the contribution, the same groups that commited this crimes and starved generations of young Somalis are out there trying to fight and destroy any form of governance, sadly and ironicly in the name of "Insurgency", "Clan" and "Somali resistance".

Saxiib, most of the young men that fought the Ethiopians and Warlords were/are in their late teens or early 20s. Most of them would have been born then or were toddlers. Even the one in their 30s were probably around their 30s. As for all the other culprits, they are all the same to me regardless of their clan.........

Gabbal   

Emporer let us give credit to the SNF preventing genocide in Gaalkacyo then. smile.gif

Note: The man they confused General Morgan with is General Abdiaziz Ali Barre.

Washington Post 1993:

/"
The main front line
in the ongoing, low-level war
in central Somalia
is the town of Gaalkacyo. The home town of Somalia's premier warlord, Mohamed Farah Aideed, is in the hands of a rival warlord, who is the military leader of the M-----n faction recently loyal to ousted dictator Mohamed Siad Barre. The M-----n militia calls itself the Somali National Front and is commanded by Mohamed Said Hersi Morgan, Siad Barre's son-in-law and a former defense minister under him. Aideed's United Somali Congress militia and Morgan's force engage in periodic skirmishes around Gaalkacyo - facing off with tanks and artillery in hit-and-run grabs for territory.

For Aideed, this battle is personal. The central region is the traditional area of his H---r G---r faction, and he is fighting to reclaim territory he sees as rightfully his. For the M-----n, the battle is over survival. Members of the faction fear a victorious Aideed would continue to sweep north into their traditional territory, and they are trying to hold the line at Gaalkacyo.

According to Canadian military intelligence officers, who have made several reconnaissance missions into the area and who maintain contact with the local warlords, Morgan's Somali National Front is believed to have about 1,000 regulars and can draw on an additional 5,000 fighters from the M-----n. The standing force is equipped with more than a dozen tanks, six armored personnel carriers, 32 technicals and several antitank guns and artillery pieces, the Canadian sources said."//

or in Beled-Weyne

Reuters, 1993:

//"Somalis say that Aideed, whose H---r G---r militias have suffered several bitter defeats at the hands of the rival M-----n clan in recent weeks in the central regions, has left Mogadishu to personally lead counterattacks.

The town of Belet Huen on the Ethiopian frontier has been captured by the joint M-----n and H-----e forces, who had lost it to Aideed's forces while the United Nations was still in Somalia last year.

The H---r G---r have also come under bitter attacks from the M-----n around the remote central town of Dusa Mareb, Somali travellers say."//

More fierce fighting in Central Regions

//January 20, 1993

Beledweyne (Belet Uen): 19th January: Forces loyal to ousted Somali dictator Muhammad Siyad Barreh launched an attack north-west of Beledweyne, leaving about 25 dead, according to reports reaching this central Somalia town. The attack by the Somali National Front came near the small town of Matabaan about a week ago, according to Matabaan townsfolk who have deployed mines around it for their defence. Some reports put the death toll up to 30.

The Beledweyne region has been allocated to Canadian forces in Operation Restore Hope, and their commander despatched troops and armoured cars to Matabaan, close to the Ethiopian border. . .

Canadian Lt-Col Carol Mathieu, who visited Matabaan, said he had news of "a major battle" west of Matabaan. According to Aydid's United Somali Congress, the SNF [somali National Front] made the incursion. Canadian officers believe each side has some 3,000 to 4,000 men with heavy weapons and that the SNF has Soviet-made T-54 or T-55 tanks. The SNF is said to control the border town of Balanballe, further to the north.

Meanwhile, Ethiopian forces have taken control of and sealed off the border town of Ferfer north-west of Beledweyne to try to prevent cross-border movement, witnesses said.

//

or from USC point of view

Radio Mogadishu in Somali 1700 gmt 5 Aug 91:

//A report from the office of the USC Chairman says that yesterday, 4th August 1991, forces who allied themselves under the name of SNF [somali National Front] , who take orders from Siyad Barreh, launched an unprovoked attack on the places defended by the USC forces, sectors one and two, in the districts of Gaalkacyo and Cadaado [west-central Somalia, north of Mogadishu] in the regions of Mudug and Galguduud. The attack by the SNF forces on these places, which took place yesterday morning and this morning, is still going on, while the USC forces are engaged in repulsing this aggression in order to defend their population.//

These articles are just an insight to what the reer Gedo were pursuing, which was survival at a time when their existence was gravely under threat (who will deny?). Because of the affiliation with the regime, this particular community faced many hostilities. However, not only did they fight the USC in their own regional areas but as well as gave critical aid to more weaker communities as in the cases of Beled-weyne and Gaalkacyo when occupied.

I have already given the SNF point of view that the people of Bay failed to be neutral and instead chose to join the war in favor of the USC, and in many cases practicing more harmful and inhuman "conduct" than the USC itself was practicing (again my personal connection to people who have suffered at the their hands stands).

The SNF responding by burning their food crops was not right, but at the same time completely understandable in the context of Somalia's civil war history. Even so, it was the confiscation of the UN donated food and its usage as a political tool as well as the occupation of them by their former allies that starved them not the burning which did not amount to anymore than a mere drought Somalis have long been accustomed to and had developed ways to live through it.

However, if an individual such as Miskiin-Macruuf Akhriyaar were to have started a topic such as this it would be understandable but that individuals who were just cheer leading for the destruction of Mogadishu and its civilian population are the brains behind it is telling in light of Kismaayo's recent events.

Emperor   

Geeljire, the teens were organised by a leader, the master minders, or are you telling their financier and master minder is anther teen.

Emperor   

Originally posted by N/AA:

Emporer let us give credit to the SNF preventing genocide in Gaalkacyo then.

N/AA genocide had already happaned at that time in Galkacyo after the capture of Aideed's militia, almost a thousan people were killed mostly elders, but I agree the SNF had played a role in attempt to recapture the city. Whether that is a credit for the SNF or it will wash away the crimes commited in Biadoa is another matter.

The SNF responding by burning their food crops was not right, but at the same time completely understandable in the context of Somalia's civil war history. Even so, it was the confiscation of the UN donated food and its usage as a political tool as well as the occupation of them by their former allies that starved them not the burning which did not amount to anymore than a mere drought Somalis have long been accustomed to and had developed ways to live through it.

Quite logical, I may agree this to some extent, but thanks for mentioning both groups in your qoute above, simple as that.

XIIN Iam still the same old warrior! Nice to see that you have not changed in my absence too :D . Anyway thanks for the welcome. smile.gif

To those who are alluding this tragic and sad crime to recent events in Somalia particular Kismaayo are mistaken.

Kismaayo admin will return and that without a shot fired and the militias will vacate the city sooner or later as it is in their own interest and well-being to do so! So why waste ones blood when we can look at the bigger picture and particularily the sad and dire state our country finds itself under?

Gabbal   

Emporer you have not said much adeer. You just forced me to provide me argument but it was really directed to Somaliweyn and the Duke who laughed when I said the SNF also "freed" Gaalkacyo for him so if he will speak of its legacy he might as well give the whole story. smile.gif

Som@li   

A punishment for all those who committed crimes against the Somali people, then you will be taken serios, else this is merely a propaganda and your are part of the problem.