Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

A glimpse of history, Biadoa the city of death

Originally posted by Allamagan:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

This is outragious, you are using the death & the history of the people of Bay & Bakool for a cheap political shot? All these because Hiirale & his backers supposedly defeated your folks for Kismayo!

Shame on you!!! :mad: :mad:

Spot on Faarax-Brownoow sxb. Xanaaqii Kismaayo ayaa halkaa ka tuuray inaay taariikhdii soomaliya sidii aay rabaan u qoraan. Notice: these men are desperate and shouldn't be approached or argued as they may have e-knifes & e-forks
;)
. yaan lagu stab-gareen adeer shaashada lagaaga soo dusinin adoo meeshaada fadhiya
:D
War waa haduu far qaadi karo. anu masheegin inuu nin tigree ah isoo dalbado,laakin haduu keligee yahay, afareey baa ka adag. :D

^^Kismayu itself is an example of civilians getting murdered, raped and looted. An excercise the SNF and their masters USC know best as is highlighted by this thread.

However what became of Aydeed and Barre?

What became of Xasan Dahir, IndaCade, Seeraar & Goobanle who butchered the people of lower Shabbele?

Its the same fate that is awaits any group that wants to keep looted properties, lands and even occupy people.

Famine in Baidoa was neither the result of natural or environmental causes, nor the result of the civil war. Baidoa is the richest city in the country and the capital of the most productive agricultural region, and did not experience the level of conflict that was the fate of Mogadishu, Belet Weyn and Kismayu. How then could Reewin suffering be explained, when they had no part in the power struggle? Some have argued that Baidoa was hit by famine due to its inland location which made relief deliveries difficult. If that were the case, then Belet Weyn and Galkayo would have had the same experience as Baidoa, for they are located in the interior, too.

Kismayu itself is an example of civilians getting murdered, raped and looted. An excercise the SNF and their masters USC know best as is highlighted by this thread.

What became of Xasan Dahir, IndaCade, Seeraar & Goobanle who butchered the people of lower Shabbele?

Its the same fate that is awaits any group that wants to keep looted properties, lands and even occupy people.

:confused:

The RRA liberated Baidoa from the USC. Now Baidoa has a locally chosen admin and the locals are the security hence the boom of the city.

Today the lower Shabbele has a locally led Admin.

The governor has arrived in Marka today.

Change is all around us and this will extend to every village and region in Somalia.

Those who lived on looted properties, in Mogadishu are now in bondage facing their day in court. All governemnt property is in the hands of the TFG and in a while the private lands and houses will have to be vacated. ;)

Originally posted by The Duke:

The RRA liberated Baidoa from the USC. Now Baidoa has a locally chosen admin and the locals are the security hence the boom of the city.

Today the lower Shabbele has a locally led Admin.

The governor has arrived in Marka today.

Change is all around us and this will extend to every village and region in Somalia.

Those who lived on looted properties, in Mogadishu are now in bondage facing their day in court. All governemnt property is in the hands of the TFG and in a while the private lands and houses will have to be vacated.
;)

OH,i got it. You came to the rescue of your embattled & cornered brother by haphazardly talking about "progress". Got it,carry on adeer.

Before i leave,remind me again what these last three posts have to do with the hipocracy of the poster & this merciless thread? :confused:

^^^Will do adeer, my kinsmen are not better than those who innocent victimes who died before them. Though they will get their rights soon insha Allah.

As for the hypocracy of those who defend the looters, criminal thugs from USC to SNF to Clan courts to the child bombers, its for you to explain before you run up here with your bad self. ;)

^^^ Duke, baryahan caadi ma tihide! I know you hate truth dont you? as they say truth always hurts!

By the way forget about all the rubbish above, ok! but Duke, you haven't yet introduced to us your new defense minister, wi dunno this guy and his bio and his new role within the ti-ef-gi? and the last but not least you haven't updated us latest about C/Qasim, sorry mudane C/Qasim! smile.gif how about mudane, the former statesman, the last president of Somalia Dr. C/Qasim is getting on with his increased new security? We all know you put out alot of PR for uncle's TFG, and as an insider, we know your sources are nothing but reliable, however, you seem to be very preoccupied with some other minor issues like (Baidao, Gedo, SNF, Baardheere) rather than the pressing issues like Kismayo's & this failed reconciliation process on July 15th, Mogadishu security and so on. what happened Dukoow, shaqadaadi waad ka gabisay, maalmahane ;)

^^Adeer A/Qasin evil is contained his armed forces are defeated and as you have hinted he is getting a good security by the NSS.

preoccupied with some other minor issues like (Baidao, Gedo, SNF, Baardheere) rather than the pressing issues like Kismayo's & this failed reconciliation process on July 15th

Adeer Baidoa is booming economicly and socially and the locals are are in control. Bardheere and Gedo need allot of work untill there is Justice

Kismayu is simple matter of removing some clan militia out of their holes and restoring the beauty of that much raped city.

As for the reconciliation conference, well its on course and it matters not if a small desperate groups like A/Qasin or a "spokesperson" are pissed. :D

In Somalia's 'city of death,' hope is reborn

By Marc Lacey The New York Times

MONDAY, MAY 1, 2006

BAIDOA, Somalia It can be hard to shed a nickname after it has caught on, especially one as potent as "city of death."

That is the title this place earned in 1992 when a famine struck Somalia and the suffering was centered in Baidoa, a bush settlement in what had been the country's breadbasket.

But Baidoa is eager to redefine itself after years of war and drought. There is something in the air here that has not been around for ages: a glimmer of hope.

There was little of that 14 years ago, when Baidoa's streets were lined with the skeletal bodies of the dead and the only orphanage was losing 10 to 15 children a day to hunger.

The first President George Bush, who at the end of his term initiated an ill- fated attempt to bring aid to this war- torn region, visited Baidoa in January 1993. He saw refugees sleeping on patches of cardboard along roadsides. At Baidoa's orphanage, he visited ailing children.

"I don't think there will be any leaving of the Somali people to suffer the fate they had been suffering," Bush said.

Things did not turn out that way, as the U.S. peacekeeping mission soon collapsed. Nine months into the Clinton administration, the U.S. involvement in Somalia was ended after an American Black Hawk helicopter went down in Mogadishu, the capital, and a deadly battle ensued between the U.S. soldiers and a local warlord, General Mohammed Farrah Aidid.

Gunmen continued a long history of terror in this city, which had witnessed Somalia's slow descent into chaos. It was overrun four times by Aidid's fighters or government troops during the civil war that led to President Mohammed Siad Barre's ouster in 1991.

Virtually all of Baidoa's larger buildings have been destroyed in the fighting, and the people have become used to what would be considered anarchy anywhere else.

Baidoa's dismal past hung heavy in the air Saturday, as scores of Somali leaders gathered in a food warehouse converted into the country's Parliament building. There was speech after speech about everyone's desire to end the suffering.

"We appeal to Somalis wherever they are to stop fighting," said the Parliament's speaker, Sharif Hassan Sheik Aden.

Somalia's transitional government, carefully balanced by clan, came into being in 2004 after marathon peace talks in Kenya. It had a rocky start, with the first session of Parliament, in a Nairobi hotel, descending into a melee.

In fact, because the fighting by militias continues, finding a foothold in Somalia has been difficult. Mogadishu is considered far too unsafe for the new government, so President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed and Prime Minister Ali Mohamed Gedi opted instead for the town of Jowhar, about 100 kilometers, or 60 miles, to the north. But Aden, the Parliament speaker, objected, paralyzing the effort.

Baidoa, about 225 kilometers to the northwest of Mogadishu, is the compromise. It will be the capital until Mogadishu's warfare can be quelled.

Gedi predicted that will take months, but years appears more likely, as Islamic militants battle with warlords who have formed what they call an antiterrorism coalition.

There have been 13 failed attempts at creating a government since 1991. Mario Raffaelli, Italy's special envoy to Somalia and a veteran of the peace efforts, contends that the talks that led to this government were more inclusive than in the past.

Another reason for the hopeful atmosphere in Baidoa is that the only way to go, it seems, is up.

The first step at governance was to repair and paint the tin-roofed food warehouse and stock it with desks and chairs.

"This is the only big building that is still standing," said Abdallah Dero Isaac, the minister of constitutional affairs. "The rest are destroyed."

Standing at attention along one wall of the Parliament were smartly dressed police officers, men and women, who had recently graduated from a United Nations-sponsored police academy. The problem: the officers lack guns to take on the outlaws.

Fortunately, the militias that ruled Baidoa until recently have been relocated to camps outside of town, where they have received food and retraining. But creating an oasis of calm remains a huge challenge.

"We want Baidoa to be an example for the rest of Somalia," said Mohamed Ibrahim Habsade, who is a member of Parliament as well as the warlord who controls Baidoa.

Habsade was helping to kick off reconciliation meetings among the country's traditional elders, who have played an important role historically in Somalia's clan-based culture, but have been pushed aside by warlords who rule by the gun.

"The warlords are the problem creators," said Malak Muktar Malak Hassan, chief of the traditional chiefs in Baidoa, who puts his age at 104.

He is optimistic, but only if the power shifts to the vast majority of Somalis seeking peace.

"They are living on war," he said of the warlords, many of whom have top roles in the government. "If there is no war, they can't live.

"Traditionally," he added, "the elders ran the country."

Nobody does now. Somalia is divided up by men with guns.

But the people of Baidoa clearly want to break with the past. "We want this to be over," said Ibrahim Mohamed Omar, 26, who has grown up as his city has fallen down.

He and others want Baidoa to replace its awful nickname with something forward-looking. Something like: Baidoa, the interim capital.

BAIDOA, Somalia It can be hard to shed a nickname after it has caught on, especially one as potent as "city of death."

That is the title this place earned in 1992 when a famine struck Somalia and the suffering was centered in Baidoa, a bush settlement in what had been the country's breadbasket.

Gabbal   

Duke the SNF also occupied did what can be construed as an "occupation" of Gaalkacyo after the ouster of the USC. Why is this history being hidden or should I bring the articles from the early 90s?

If you will dedicate a topic to the SNF exploit, you might as well do its legacy justice. smile.gif

Emperor   

Originally posted by Khashafa:

a)How does one reconcile his selective memory and 'humanitarian' concern for the genocide and massacres that took place in the early 90's with his full and unequivocal support for the a) massacres committed by his clan members(Cousin Morgan & Hargeisa, as an example) b)the recent massacre of Mogadisho, c) the wholesale rape and occupation of an entire gobol of Somalia(Somali Galbeed) by our 'guests and allies who came to rescue us at hour of need'?

b)Ato, Ali Mahdi, Suudi, M.Dheere, Qanyare, Qeybdiid, among others, were the architects and leaders of the USC's murderous rampage across Somalia. They are now high-ranking members and/or allies of the entity you support. How does one support, defend, protect, and reward such men with a straight face, and then in the same logic-defying breath condemn the crimes they have committed. Could it be that they are now useful to 'the cause' ?

c)I hate to use the term, but um, the term 'political whore' signifies somebody who will do anything to further their political agenda. Things like posting two threads which demonise(rightfully so) the actions of two clan militia while at the same time excusing, not even that, but fully supporting the genocide, war crimes, occupation, and oppression going on in the rest of Somalia, not 15 years ago........but hada, right now, primarily because Adeer(and by extension 'anaka') are benefiting from all the mayhem being commited in the name of 'dawladnimo'. Sorry, sxb. That's just an open-and-shut case of 'political whoredom',athigoo raali ah.

Sxb I have never supported the massacre in Hargeisa, yes I never did suppport it. You have a tendency to make your judgement beforehand, that’s a typical of you my friend Khashafa and for that its hard to debate with you, you always step out of topic, personalise at times throw insults and finally arrive at your own biased conclusion without waiting to hear what the other side has to offer, like you did in the last bit of part c of the quote above and throughout your argument, it’s more or less an emotional outbust than a sensible argument. Let’s be more civil and debate constructively, easy with the personalisation and stay on topic, if you can catch me on that or otherwise circle around like you do it best.

As for the massacre in Mogadishu? Firstly whether that was a massacre or not, Im not saying it wasn’t bear attention to my wording, is all open of another depate, even though I have already answered this question earlier in this thread (I will quote it for you) but you can start a whole new topic regarding this if you so wish, I will be happy to contribute my cents.

Indeed some of them are doing well done job for the TFG, it’s between them and the current system and it has nothing to do with what happened in Baidoa during the early 1990’s. What's with the TFG repetition in every senstense, all your argument revolves around that. You on the otherside downplay the greatest evil occurance the worst mass murder in our history... TFG ayaa madaxa kaa gashay this topic isn't about the morals or legitimacy of the TFG it's about the genocide of Biadoa, Im only presenting historical facts and conclusive reports, do you have anything to present against this... the stage is yours. Anwayz what does my support or thereof lack of it has to do with the murder campaign the burning of crops and starving generation of young kids… It’s beyond me how you live your life beyond the TFG or Adeer Yey, Walahi you have a big problem, waxaan maqli jiray nin bari indhoole ahaa layiri hal mar baa indhihi ufurmeen wuxuu arkay Orgi kadibna indhi kaxirmeen, markaasaa hadii ladhoho Diyaarad baa soo dagtay wuxuu dhihi Orgi sidee katahay

In section c Sxb waaba dhacday and made your conclusion, dee anigana waan iskaga aamusay, jawaab malahan.

Below is my early reply

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Indeed Moqadishu too suffured the whole time of the civil war, but why focus on one and ignore the other.

I am and was always against any civilian death in Mogadishu during the recent clashes, now I have made myself clear, I condem any innocent civilian death thou one can not compare the two tragic events in terms of scale, reason and polical motivation. Mogadihsu's case and as to who is responsible is all open for another discussion, one can argue along these lines:

1. Mogadishu's trouble was started by the same group that is responsilbe of Biadoa massacre, the TFG stayed there for 3 months with peaceful plan and to meet with the elders bring about instability and secure the capital, the unruly that capitalised on the looting and the mass murder started throwing rockets at TFG headquarters, who is to blame here?

2. The insurgency fighting tactic was not to face the enemy but hit and hide behind woman and children, so who is blame here of the innocent loss that would died at cross roads?

3. The TFG's motive was to stop this group and not kill any innocent people... many people live in those areas today and no BM is thrown at them as the TFG have full control of the city.

4. The TFG have warned the people to leave those areas weeks aheard of the operation.

Now tell me in all the cases how can you compare Biadoa to Mogadishu, what was the motive of the militia that burned crops and starvd kids in which you seem be apologitic... tell me what ? I have yet to see you give a small headshake of this tragic loss, the worst in the history of Somalia...

Earlier post, if it makes you any better, regarding the same q's and lines of argument as yours, better read the whole thread next time...

Emperor   

Because of the genocide in Baidoa Somalia was once again on the stage of the world media, a household name around the globe the faces of starving, humans on the verge of exctinction.

Extremely massive attention was received in the country from the world because of the man made disaster, all satellites were on Somalia, the most immediate, inclusive and extraordinary response ever seen anywhere in the world…

Reports:

Listen to this as she announces...

767169719_ef79aba8dd.jpg?v=0

767169721_2dc7c9fc06.jpg?v=0

Click this picture below to watch the report.

767169725_048cbb07ea.jpg?v=0

Emperor   

The policy of burning plantations and starving generations to death, a tactic never used by any before

767169739_63c93cc45a.jpg?v=0

Not only that but have to pay the price and will pay for that, soon insha'alaah.

Emperor   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

Spot on Faarax-Brownoow sxb. Xanaaqii Kismaayo ayaa halkaa ka tuuray inaay taariikhdii soomaliya sidii aay rabaan u qoraan. Notice: these men are desperate and shouldn't be approached or argued as they may have e-knifes & e-forks . yaan lagu stab-gareen adeer shaashada lagaaga soo dusinin adoo meeshaada fadhiya

Kismayo ayaad ku wareerteen adiga iyo N/AA, adeer Kismayo idinla waynaa, Kismayo is not a big deal magaratay Laakiin madaama aad magacawdeen dhowr jeena kusoo celisay waxaan kuu sheegayaa only one thing, sida aan u ogahay inaan dhimanaayo ayaan u ogahay inaan Kismaayo tagaayo waligayna kama harinba waan kuseexdaa waan kusoo toosaa, sida ay kuula wayntahayna meel iila waynba ma ahan, laakiin iyada ma ahan sida Baardheere, faxfaxduun, ceelwaaq, Beerxaani oo hada aad kawadaan SNF militia howlihi maata laynta, magaloyinkaas oo qaarkood dadki lahaa iskaga samreenba ... taas meel iska dhig aniga iyo idinka SOL waan isla joogaynaa wararkana waan wada helaynaa kolay. Laakiin meesha dadka maskiinta xasuuqa caruuraha iyo biri-magaydada ay SNF iyo USC tacadiyadii ayaan kahadlayanaa... very simple indeed.