Sign in to follow this  
Sharif_seylaci

New somaliland pictures

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Fanisha:

Soomaali iyo Xaasidnimo waa waxey xaarka la daaqayaan maanta. whether you beleive it or not that picture is from Boorama. Maxaadse boorama ka taqaan. :mad: Hadaad ka xuntahey orodoo isa soo daldal. [/QB]

Please excuse some cats in here.. they're straight out of Qardho. smile.gif

Sophist   

I was being sarcastic man. Caamir seems to be the only person who got it right. 20 percent is even closer to the mark matey. Perhaps 12-14 percent might be closer to the mark; then again I will wait what our resident Somaliland expert rebutal of my under-estimation due to being brought up in the "defeated lot house hold".

I think in terms of population Mogadishu has the highest followed by Hargeisa and Bosaso (I have been to both Bosaso and Hergeisa. Though Bosaso is pleasant looking city, Hargeisa is much bigger with population of nearly half a million—or so I was told. But as you know Bosaso have alot of people who are intransit). Other cities that have sizeable populations are: Galkacayo, Las Anod Burco, Baydhabo and Kismayu.

me   

^^ OK so now you agree with me :D

Anyhow, the most populous area in Somalia is area around the rivers. It is estimated that that area alone holds 40% of Somali's population ( the triangle of Afgooye, Baydhabo, Kismayo). We rarely count those people because they do not belong to the militarized clans. But in terms of numbers they do matter and in a democracy we would all be learning their dialects and customs.

they're straight out of Qardho.

What's wrong with Qardho -Ayoub

Redsea....I think it is safe to say that almost anyone in SOL can't engage in debate about our history without interjecting thier own biases into argument. That's why it is better we leave to people with more objective mind.

Sophist   

ME!

They might have been in the past; but most had fled because of the civil war bro.

Would you agree; as urban citities the above mentioned places house largest number of people?

RedSea   

In the past, they use to say, which Somali cities had the highest population, so the list was Muqdisho,Hargeysa, then Kismayo, but wait a minute,there are more residents in Gabiley than Kismayo.

Sophist,let me ask you this,since you've been to both cities, then which is better looking city Hargeysa or Bosaaso? I thought you favored Bosaaso there,so can you tell me how you have reached that conclusion, the red sea beaches perhaps?

Moreover, Duke and Mansa Munsa, brothers, if you already know that picture isn't of that of Borame, isn't better to just leave it there rather than just brag about it of whether or not it's.We got your point, so now get on with something else plz. Tell us something we don't know, since Mansa you have mentioned somthing about people lack of educational background on this subject,then maybe tell us something we don't know.

thanks

have a nice last few days of Ramadan and Ciid Mubarak all.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Redsea....I think it is safe to say that almost anyone in SOL can't engage in debate about our history without interjecting thier own biases into argument. That's why it is better we leave to people with more objective mind.

Which there are hardly none,so we will mumbo jumbo the history ourselves, since everyone else is.But I do think some are more objective here on SOL than others. That is where I stand.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Sharif_seylaci:

somaliland0004.JPG

center of hargeysa

^^^speaking of pictures of Somaliland,very good looking picture of Hargeysa, I wonder if that is street in which Masjidul Jaamic was to its left?

very nice.

Jaylaani   

^^That is right. There is another masjid Jaamac in Hargeisa now. This one is three floors with the capacity of up 6000 people, not far from the Oriental hotel in center city. .You have to see it to believe it couz... I Prayed there.....MASHA ALLAH.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

In the past, they use to say, which Somali cities had the highest population, so the list was Muqdisho,Hargeysa, then Kismayo, but wait a minute,there are more residents in Gabiley than Kismayo.

Sophist,let me ask you this,since you've been to both cities, then which is better looking city Hargeysa or Bosaaso? I thought you favored Bosaaso there,so can you tell me how you have reached that conclusion, the red sea beaches perhaps?

Moreover, Duke and Mansa Munsa, brothers, if you already know that picture isn't of that of Borame, isn't better to just leave it there rather than just brag about it of whether or not it's.We got your point, so now get on with something else plz. Tell us something we don't know, since Mansa you have mentioned somthing about people lack of educational background on this subject,then maybe tell us something we don't know.

thanks

have a nice last few days of Ramadan and Ciid Mubarak all.

Don't speculate and take my point out of context Dear Mr. Red Sea, btw we see things eye to eye now and let it be remembered that there is a general assumption in which we can associate the topological appearance of a place with its location. In this case, the pic displayed does not fall within the range of practicality.

All I expect here is to have more genuine and civil dialogue.

Ramadan wanaagsan!