Sign in to follow this  
Garaad Bari

SH Atom on BBC

Thankful   

Now that's the voice of a desperate man. He asks where are the people that had there stuff burned; well maybe you made it up and that's why they are not coming.

It definitely shows though that the people are so against him that no matter what he tries to say to convince them, they aren't coming to his aid. The battle is approaching its second month and he is still trying to get the local community to join him. If his cause was just, he wouldn't need to convince them with fake news about property being burned. If it was true they would have done something.

Why does he keep mentioning the U.S and Ethiopia's involvement in Puntland? Isn't that the same enemies that Al Shabaab says they are fighting? What is the U.S doing to him that he has to mention them? They are in Djibouti and have not done anything to him.

He continuously mentions he is fighting against those that are against Islam.

Finally, I like how he said that we weren't forced out from Gagala, but we left for the sake of the people. That's what all defeated forces say!

This interview further proves his agenda, link to Al Shabaab and that the people are not with him.

Thankf i dont know how u define "Defeat" but this guy is still on de run and managing to cause some damages!!!!!in contrary i think its the p/land admin who is breing deteat,,,, my argument is that if the p/land darawish can't win against this guys with the 50 millatia,,,,,how are they gonna librate the secessionist from lascanod!!! u tell me wat are their chances!!!!

Thankful   

Bro, The Puntland Forces were able to take away his base in one day. Even Atam admits right now that he did leave, but his justification was for the people. That is something everyone says when they lose. If he cared so much for the people then why did he set a base up there in the first place knowing they would be threatened?

Did you hear him asking why the people haven't joined him? You know why they haven't?? Because, he said that "Wuxuu xusay in ay doonayaan in ay xukunka qabtaan si ay diinta ugu xukumaan Puntland."

So the question is what is his goal? Is it to bring justice to certain places from exploration - Like the radical diaspora wants people to believe or is it to bring his form of Government to Puntland?

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by Garaad Bari:

Thankf i dont know how u define "Defeat" but this guy is still on de run and managing to cause some damages!!!!!in contrary i think its the p/land admin who is breing deteat,,,, my argument is that if the p/land darawish can't win against this guys with the 50 millatia,,,,,how are they gonna librate the secessionist from lascanod!!! u tell me wat are their chances!!!!

Great point, Puntland is a weak clan enclave.

Even Horseed is starting to report in a more balance fashion. The question is, how long can you hide the truth.

Wararka ka imaanaya buuraha deegaanka Galgala ayaa sheegaya in halkaas maanta uu ka dhacay dagaal xoogan oo ay isaga horyimaadeen ciidamada Puntland iyo ciidamada uu hoggaamiyo Shiikh Maxamed Siciid (Attam).

Warar madaxbanaan ayaa sheegaya in dagaalka bilowgiisa ay lahaayeen ciidamada Puntland kadib markii ay ku soo dhawaadeen ciidanka uu hoggaamiyo Shiikh Attam.

Dhanka kale Maxamed Siciid Attam ayaa sheegtay in ay iyagu weerarka ku qaadeen, dagaalkuna ka dhacay meel aan wax badan ka fogeyn degmada Galgala, waxaana uu warbaahinta BBC-da u sheegay in ay guul ka gaareen dagaalka, ma jirto wax khasaare ah oo dagaalka naga soo gaarey ayuu yiri Attam

Dhanka Puntland ayaan wax hadal ah ka soo saarin dagaalaka maanta dhacay, inkasta oo wararka laga hilaayo qaar kamid ah shaqaalaha caafimaadka Bosaso ay sheegayaan in la keenay Isbitaalka hal nin oo ku soo dhaawacmey dagaalka.

Dagaalada ka dhacaaya deegaanka Galgala ayaa bilowdey bishii 26 Bishii August, kadib markii ciidamada Puntland ay weerar xooggan ku qaadeen ciidamadii halkaa fadhiyey, waxaana dagaaladaas ka dhashey khasaaro naf iyo maalba leh, ciidanka Puntland ayey u suurta gashey in ay qabsadaan magaalada Galgala, laakiin ma jirto cid ay ka qabteen ciidamada Attam, lamana garan karo sida xiisadaani ku dhamaandoonto, qaar ka mid ah waxgaradka Gobolka Haylaan oo ku sugan degmada Dhahar ayaa marar badan soo saarey baaqyo ay u dirayaan Dawladda Puntland iyaga oo codsadey in la siiyo fursad ay arinta ku xasilin karaan, taas oo maamulku ka gaabsadey in uu ka oggolaado.

Madaxda Puntland ayaa marar badan sheegay in ay soo afjareen dagaalka ayna iyagu guushu raacdey, waxaana ay ku tilmaameen hadalada ka soo baxa ninka hoggaamiya ciidamada ka soo horjeeda Puntland kuwo marin habaabin ah.

Horseed Media

Jacpher   

I just can't seem to wrap around my head how a small country of 100% Sunni Muslims have this long and hard religious warfare. The terminology of the old days of the civil war were dagaal-ooge, gacan-ku-dhiigle, m00ryaan, jirri, dayday, bililiqo, dakane-qabe, and maskiin iyo daris badbaadiye. Heshiis iyo wada hadal was Soomaalinimo. None of these had any religious references or connotations. I can't remember any warlord using shareecada iyo quranka references to wage war against his perceived enemy either.

Now dagaal-ooge is the new Sheikh of the town. Bililiqo is qaniimo. Daris badbaadiye is jaajuus. Ismiidaamin is the new Islaanimo. Somalinimo is proving a thing of the the past. And sadly above all, shareecada Islaamka iyo aayadaha quraanka is used as the driving force of all the conflict. Gaalo-raac, murtad, dowlad-riddo is the new language. Do we Somalis really have this much difference in religion? Why is religion politicized this much and thriving so well? I know or heard of no Somali in Somalia that worships a different Ilaah, prays to a different direction, fasts a different month and follows a different prophet than the rest of Somalis. Yet our religious conflict suggest so. Were the early players, Caydiid, Cali Mahdi, Morgan, Ina-Yusuf and Ina-Jees a bit smart enough or responsible enough to not divide Somalis further along religious lines and in doing so not drag the beautiful religion of ours in the mud? Was our conflict and division in some ways better in those days than it is today?

Apart from what Atam fans write on this board, he confessed in this interview on more than once that his fight is the good fight of Islam and that he wants PL under his shareeca rule. That's his ultimate goal. No word or claim on resource or inter-clan conflict from him. Reach power and fame through means of religion. Does the end justify the means for all these religious warlords popping up every corner of the country? A very valid and very relevant question I think.

Jacpher   

^I judge the man by what he says not what you want him to say or what you believe his heart silently says.

This is what he said in this six minutes interview: "Xalku waxaa weeye, inay meelahaas isaga dhoofaanoo, dee inay saaxada noo baneeyaan ummadda aan u talinoo sharciga islaamka maamulno" That was the answer he gave after the reporter asked him, more than once, about the solution he wants to see happen. His point of contention is for him to rule PL under his shareeca. If you're his press secretary, dont' waste time here. Get on BBC and perhaps give the response he should have given and link it here. I don't need you to interpret the clip I've listened already.

NASSIR   

At least, BBC and other reputed News media is covering up the story unlike PL's complete ban of the freedom of the Press. Though the policy itself is a tyrinical from a universal perspective, it's actually a desperation on PL's side, intimidation, and belated exericise of a modicum control. And the organized killings in Bosaso goes on unabated.

But in reality, the chief reason PL's cabal leadership banned all PL radios for interviewing the head of the opposition is a palpable fear that they will lose their grip on the piece of Somalia's land they tribally claim to control. Thus far, it has been counterproductive.

Garad-Bari, I don't think the forces of Atam are of 50 men. They number nearly 700 or more, according to reliable sources. The bulk of these men are locals esp of the inhabitants whose villages and districts straddle alongside the strategic main road that connects to Boosaaso.

The locals have real and tangible grievances against Puntland. Otherwise, they wouldn't have armed their kith and kin to defend their land from outside exploitation.

I mean, how can the locals with such huge land and territory almost 15 settlements in the Western Bari region be so deprived of their economic share of the Bosaaso's revenue, not to mention a fair allocation of the administrative power?

Can a prolonged injustice perpetuated mainly by clan superiority and arrogance continue to hold and remain unchallenged?

Regardless of how the self-interested politicians originally from Erigavo(Ilka-Jir) and Las Anod(Abdisamad) justify the attack and occupation of Galgala or unjustly try to tip the balance in favor of PL's mafia-style system of governance, it would have the least effect on the situation on the ground. More violence would lead to more violence and the image of the whole Northeastern region gets pulverized as the war continues to bring in unthinkable devastation into the economy and the social harmony of reer Bosaaso.

Again, Both Ilka-jir and Abdisamad are not the right people to be consulted for the sanction of this ugly war. To the locals of western Bari region, these politicians are in no way different from Faroole. At least the latter can visit his hometown of Garowe unlike the two others, for they have demonstrated to their own people how biddable and emasculated they have turned out to be. Very sad time for the people of Maakhir and Daraawiish.

Originally posted by Jacpher:

^I judge the man by what he says not what you want him to say or what you believe his heart silently says.

This is what he said in this six minutes interview:
"Xalku waxaa weeye, inay meelahaas isaga dhoofaanoo, dee inay saaxada noo baneeyaan ummadda aan u talinoo sharciga islaamka maamulno" That was the answer he gave after the reporter asked him, more than once, about the solution he wants to see happen. His point of contention is for him to rule PL under his shareeca. If you're his press secretary, dont' waste time here. Get on BBC and perhaps give the response he should have given and link it here. I don't need you to interpret the clip I've listened already.

Add the shabaab language "ashahaado ladirir" and we have a religous warlord capitalizing on Alshabaab rise in the south and bringing destruction to a peaceful region. What he does not know is that Puntland have seen this film before in 1993 and crushed it.

Gallad   

Shahado la dirir is not shabab word, rather words of all Somalis who have seen these thugs. They were in the South and they were get rid off, I dont if shabab is better than them thugs, but they manage to bring back law and order. Even though to me, they have done many wrongs to the people.

This interview shows that Puntland is not winning this war. They should negotiate before the face of this war changes.

Thankful   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

At least, BBC and other reputed News media is covering up the story unlike PL's complete ban of the freedom of the Press. Though the policy itself is a tyrinical from a universal perspective, it's actually a desperation on PL's side, intimidation, and belated exericise of a modicum control. And the organized killings in Bosaso goes on unabated.

But in reality, the chief reason PL's cabal leadership banned all PL radios for interviewing the head of the opposition is a palpable fear that they will lose their grip on the piece of Somalia's land they tribally claim to control. Thus far, it has been counterproductive.

Again complete garbage!

When the Sri Lankan Government was in the process of defeating the Tamil Tigers (a banned terrorist group) the government banned all media from entering the area's they were conducting military battles. Their local media was also banned from interviewing the terrorists. You look at any country that is engaged in military operations and they almost always have a media ban during the battle. Not only banning media from entering the areas but from also interviewing the terrorist leaders. You know why? It is because these leaders are capable of sending hidden message to their supporters.

Whether it is fair to ban media or not is another debate, but Israel did it in Gaza, the U.S did it, Sri Lanka, even back in the 1980s the British Gov't announced that “any organizations in Northern Ireland believed to support terrorism would be banned from directly broadcasting on the airwaves, so instead of hearing the leaders voice an actor would read it.” The ban was lifted in the mid-90s after a peace deal was signed. Anyways, you get the point and the list of countries that do this is long!

The locals have real and tangible grievances against Puntland. Otherwise, they wouldn't have armed their kith and kin to defend their land from outside exploitation.

I mean, how can the locals with such huge land and territory almost 15 settlements in the Western Bari region be so deprived of their economic share of the Bosaaso's revenue, not to mention a fair allocation of the administrative power?

Can a prolonged injustice perpetuated mainly by clan superiority and arrogance continue to hold and remain unchallenged?

The local population has stayed out of the conflict and has not helped him; he even questions this in the interview. Why does he need to question them if as you say they have armed themselves? I think it is quite obvious that the locals are on the government side!

So it’s about exploitation and clan superiority? Is that what you want people to believe? Well, Atam himself never even mentions clan or any kind of exploitation other than his radical religious goals. He repeatedly makes it clear that he is fighting against "ashahaado ladirir" or those who are fighting against the Shahaada, and that they are being back by the United States and Ethiopia. He doesn't mention he is fighting over perceived clan superiority, or because he is people are being denied their share of Bosasso revenue as you allege. The man makes it clear that he perceives his battle as a religious one, that can be resolved through changing to government to what he interprets as the proper religious one. It’s not about clan or resource exploitation….but religious exploitation.

When it comes to Atam he makes his agenda very clear, but than the radical Diaspora wants to add in their parts to paint his cause in a better light. Let’s stick to the reasons he says he is fighting, because even Atam knows it would be ridiculous to say this was about clan when the government official leading the attack against him is a man who himself is from the same clan.

For those who supported this idiotic terrorist named Atom for clan reasons, and now are looking for ways to save their faces among the people. I suggest to first acknowledging your transgression on the citizens of Puntland (for they were terrorized day in and day out by Atom and his men) as well as the State of Puntland. We are humans, and sometimes we do make mistakes and get carried away. So Nassir, Xudeedi, just give up AND take your losses while you can.

Second, stop this nonsense called Western Bari, where is it on any map this so called western Bari? And please how so your clan alone supposedly inhabit the Western Bari, if such thing exists.

Honestly, this is my personal opinion, and should reflect only me. For how long now did we hear the Makahiris have been creating a makahiir state, more appropriately how many years has passed since its creation? Where is this Makahiir state? If it has not yet been created, what are the obstacles and who is against it?

Look it is simple. There is many constituencies in Puntland, none of them have been forced to take part of Puntland, and if your constituency wishes to not be part of Puntland, then so be it I say. But know that not even an iota of loss will Puntland incur whether it’s economical, politically or else.

Also, it will be unfair to the real constituencies that collect tax revenues for the state, to share the allocation of developmental projects with constituencies who contribute ZERO to the state other than bad mouth the state day in and day out…….salaam

Here we go again. Agent Attam is still fighing, having major success and like Bravheart bringing the wrath of the poor upon the elite. However it's all hot air, made up stories and ones we have heard before. This man and his radical diaspora supprters are just living out their fantasies onlne and on the airwaves. The reality on the ground is stark, the troops are in full control of Galgala, and all the areas he called home.

True weakness is a man, and his supporters who are unable to set foot in their supposed clan fortress[/b which was lost to them in a single day.

These regions are by far one of the poorest in the state thus nothing to covet in terms of resources, this clean up operation is between an Al Shabaab agent and his terror cell hiding out in the mountains.