camel-milk_1.jpg

Xalwad la idiin samee

halwad.jpg

Shaah aad kula cabteen

tea%20kettle.jpg

Istareeeex..........

N.O.R.F   

Now for the serious stuff………

It is time for SOL’s heavyweights to come out again. I for one am tired of the status quo on this forum as well as the status quo in Somalia/Somaliland (you choose). I have therefore taken it upon myself to play the role of inquisitor of all the various parties and their interests on this here forum.

I’m hoping for a good discussion where no stone will be left unturned. All are free to ask and answer on behalf of the below mentioned entities. But should be aware that all are free to pounce on any short-comings.

If our so called leaders have failed to dig us out of this extended mess and are blind to the way ahead, we shouldn’t be doing the same here.

Entities:

Somalia (South – Shiekh Sharif/TFG).

Somalia (South – Al Shabaab).

Puntland

Somaliland

SSC

ONLF

Have I missed anyone?

In other words I want to see if reer SOL are capable enough to find ‘a way forward’.

I ask the moderator of this forum and admin on top their usual activities to be strict in this thread. Please delete the following without hesitation.

• Troll comments

• All rabbit punches

• Tit for tat nonsense

• Copy & paste articles, link to other websites etc

All answers will be that of an SOLer.

Will be back tomorrow IA to start things off.

A despondent Somali.

Cowke   

I must I personally love hilib ari, We always eat it at home till this day, because my family and sub-sub-sub clan all reside in garowe nugaal valley and they own alot of those adhis and geels on our livestock range in tuulada bulo bulqe in nugaal.

But When I go to puntland I think I will reside in Bossaso and enjoy some sushi lol, whilst organizing my family livestock gets the best deal for it's xoolo. I am considering implementing new technologies for them so their livestock is healthy and productive.

N.O.R.F   

Question for Al Shabaab:

What is it that you're so desperate for, which will benefit the people, but can't be gotten through negotiations/mediation?

Question for Somaliland:

What do you expect to gain from recognition?

How would you respond to the comments with regard to Somaliland's lack of legal footing?

Hales   

"connivance" of certain interesting parties in the "Arab League"

The African Union and Italy have outright vigorously been rejecting your seccession for the past 20 years for historical reasons and political reasons, the gate towards seccession goes through the African Union (UN) not the Arab league.

Egypt has had viable interests in Somalia for geopolitical and strategic reasons an undivided Somalia to check Ethiopia (somalia traditional enemy) because of the Nile. They are also without the doubt the most influential and important nation in the Arab league.

1. USA will only recognize if the African unions says "ok" and chances through African Union are a big 0, you stand a better chance with Italy.

Italy checks Europe.

Egypt checks the Arab league.

And the most important of all the TFG and Puntland says no

These entities have been preventing you from secceding, and left you with 30-50 Million budget a year.

But it would be foolish to think that Somalia would leave you alone and back off somehow because of fear because you its Northwestern gets recognized by large nations such as United States and Britain.

If the United states and African Union do accept you, Somalia will break relations with both entities, and the scenario will be similar to that of Taiwan and China.

It will also be as contraversial as the Kosovo issue.

Everything has its consequences.

Hales   

What part of my post bothers you so much Oodweyne

p.s. I found out that your name is actually a region in North West Somalia, i guess i apologize for calling you loudvoice last time.

Haatu   

Let me start of with a question of my own.

Can and will the TFG succeed within its current framework?

N.O.R.F   

^One for Xiin to answer.

Oody, salaan sare :D

I did warn you about your answers being open to scrutiny. Wuu kula helay :D

First I'd like to commend mr. Norfsky for a great thread, hopefully there will be fruitful and entertaining discussion on a gentlemanly level. Speaking of which i'd like to warn the very bright mr. Hales that there are certain eloquent nutcases amongst us that have succumbed to using the logical fallacy of "Arguments Ad Hominem" as their main weapon-of-choice when engaging in the noble art of debating. This great error is largely to do with the "connivance" of certain interesting parties here on SOL, to whom the existance of a court jester is of utmost importance and invertedly, of zero-zilch-importance as far as serious debating is concerned.

The Zack   

Waryaa Norf, why is ONLF on the bottom of list you posted? :D , other than that grea thread. I will comment on it when I get time.

For partical reasons, let us shorten the list of stackholders to Puntland, Somaliland and the south. I totally agree that it is about time Somalis sit down on dirin under a tree as Baashi use to suggest before and as you are suggesting today.

The main problem in Somalia is in the South and mainly in the capital city of Mogadishu. How to pacify the south and this city has perplexed everyone who attempted to do it.

The stakeholders in the South must be persuaded to attend a Somali dirin somewhere in a neutral place inside Somalia where the outcome will be binding on all. The question I have what place can be peaceful and yet acceptable to all stackholders from the South such as TFG, Al shabaab, HI, Ahlu Sunna, and reps from clans, Puntland, Somaliland?

N.O.R.F   

Good points PA

Zack, lol saxib that is not a league table. I put PL over SL so as not to be accused of the same. Saxiibkay A&T ha igu dirin.

Hales   

Its this symbolism that im talking about and is more decisive in keeping you unrecognized. You see im not denying the powers those you mentioned; butim implying that Somaliland will always be a controversial issue and something that American and western leaders would not get involved nor are interested in, unless it somehow ends up having the geopolitical and historical significace of a country such as Kosovo overnight. But even then because of the historical differences between the two and the more illogical reason for seccession from Somaliland it wouldnt be looked at the same.

Also just because one nation in the USC decides to recognize Somaliland it wouldnt end the whole recognition affair, all the nations in UN wouldnt end up doing the same thing. But like you said the Arab element would always be there.

Also Italy a powerful European nation is keeping the issue blocked in Europe so there goes your UNSC from Europe and you would bet your chances on China who has Taiwan to deal with.

Somalia or the TFGs stance is clear on this, the issue is a matter of seccession If they do pull of such a thing such as recognition, there would be potential unneccessary consequences and it would be destabilising.

But the truth is that the African union is an African entity that in general represents the African nations independently and Western nations (that helped establish it) would refer to it symbolically, since major western stakes arent involved.

This is why the symbolism is so strong.