Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

The Politics Of Disintegration Revisited: In Response to Critics and Fault-Finders

I looked at all three articles and like every Somali writing lately, i would recommend that they take few more classes in English composition, style, sentence construction, clarity and privity.

I can't honostly imagen someone speaking like that. The most important thing a writer should be concerned with the abiliy of readers to understand their piont or arguement. How can this be done with paragraph long sentances. Unorganized thoughts don't also help us readers. These sentances/paragraphs seemed to be speaking about ten different things at once.

Xudeedi   

Naxar Nugaaleed has a point and feels the last two writers Ahmed I Hassan and (vide Hiran.com) Aided share something with him.

I am really displeased with how they critiqued Hirad and his articles, turning the whole scholarly discourse into a chitchat discussion. I am certain that Wardheernews is doing its best to present its readers "opposite viewpoints" but they should have edited some of the nauseating parts and structure problems. [Confusing "its" with it's and etc]

Ahmed Hassan writes,

In reading Mr. Hirad’s rebuttal, I was left in doubt whether he had really assimilated Professor Jhazbhay’s piece. He started by misconstruing the origin of the phrase “Africa’s Best Kept Secret.†My understanding is that the phrase is Professor Jhazbhay’s own and not Nuraddin Farah’s, the renowned novelist and son of my sister country, Somalia.

:D:D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaled:

I can't honostly imagen someone speaking like that. The most important thing a writer should be concerned with the abiliy of readers to understand their piont or arguement. How can this be done with paragraph long sentances. Unorganized thoughts don't also help us readers. These sentances/paragraphs seemed to be speaking about ten different things at once.

You cannot be serious smile.gif

Xudeedi   

smile.gif :cool: Welcome Naxar .

A. Hassan, writes

As for Mr. Hirad, First take a little rest. I think you need it. Then keep the good work. It is beneficial to Somaliland!

This is hillarious, why rest him.

I expect Ahmed to present a corrigendum of the above par.[italics] A response is coming up.

AYOUB, I am confused as usual. What can I not be serious about? Do you think my criticism is unwarranted? or are you trying to be sarcastic by pointing at my my misspellings? Further yet,do you find my statements so outrageous that you respond "You cannot be serious". My friend, do you see the need to clear? I can not read minds but going assume (something people should do as rarely as possible) that you are trying to be sarcastic. If that is so, than I did mispell when I tried to encourage people to be better writers. yet you are guilty of a creater crime, in my eyes, by being unclear. Clearity,was more important to me than spelling and should be to any writer. Further more, we are not writing essays here. This is a forum were we exchange simple ideas without putting them through any editing process. Whatever the case may be, sarcasm is a cheap way to insult people. attack ideas not people my friend.

We should thank the man from the old royalty of West Africa for bringing this to our attention. I have read all the articles concerned. I think Mr. Hirad has done a good job in his response to the good doctor from South Africa. Dr. Jzhasby makes lots of errors which are probably due to his lack of knowledge of the issues, history and the people of the North. To begin with his main assumption that all the citizens of the north have signed up to the separation issue is faulty. What made it more interesting is the fact that Mr. Hirad and Ali Abdullah who are both from the concerned region did a splendid job in correcting the misrepresentations made by the good Doctor and I must say that they have tackled their task flawlessly and thoroughly.

As to the other fellows, including Mr. Odweyne from this forum, they simply failed, because they were trying to defend the indefensible. In any case I think it is a good debate that those of us from the North should have started long ago. However, it is never late and I am glad it has started now. Thank you Mr. Munsa.

Duco Qabe

Xudeedi   

Duca Qabe, if you pay close attention to the political dialogue, it was first initiated by Mat Bryden to which Abdalla Hirad, a leading scholar of African and Somali studies responded partially with his paper, "TFG and the Politics of Disintegration.†He is the only Somali, from my experience, who has been consistently responding to foreign experts on the Somali subject, assuming it as rudimentary moral responsibility upon him.

He later saw the article by Prof. Iqbal carried on Wardheernews, and he immediately responded to it in the indescribably succinct way he did that led to the outburst of secessionist-oriented member clans. He often avoids abstract and misleading positions by laying down the facts and legal implication of dismembering a country like Somalia and by theorizing in the form of an egalitarian, polite framework for all of his works on this dangerous campaign. Evidently, the foreign agents have been an impediment source of our unity and love to paint Somalia's politics of disintegration with such a broad brush.

It is my firm belief that the U.N its member countries will not violate the territorial integrity of Somalia, a nation-state, in the absence of a central government.

Maakhir:

I have read all the articles on the subject that was mainly posted on Wardheernews by the various Somali and non Somali authors. I certainly like Mr. Hirad who not only writes very well but eloquently presents the flaws in the argument of the secessionists and their foreign supporters. However, he was not the first who responded to Mr. Bryden or the other fellas who are leaving no stone unturned to dismantle our country. I believe Mr. Oogle was the first who responded to the choir led by Mr. Bryden in his article on Somali Unity published also at Wardheernews. That article I believe triggered the excellent rebuttals by Hirad and others on the lies and propaganda spread by the secessionists and their supporters.

In any case I enjoy reading Mr. Hirad’s writings. He is definitely a good debater and I believe the right side on this issue. I was following this debate closely, because I think the northerners who are for united Somalia are fighting back, at least for now and I happen share their view. United Somalia is the best option for both the Northerners as well our compatriots from the South. As you probably know they (those who are for the unity of Somalia) have been absent from the scene since 1991. The secessionists were in power for the past 16 years and they have nothing to show in terms of progress and have obviously failed. All they have mastered is how to heckle those who have different view from theirs. They failed miserably even to maintain the infrastructure of Northern Somalia inherited from the previous governments of Somalia. Just look at the current condition of the public service in Somaliland. It is an absolute failure. Of course the people have done their part, but what did the successive governments completely composed of secessionists done for the north. Absolutely nothing.

^^ :D

All I see is some confused Unionist whom very much know their days are numbered. The last cries indeed.

My friends, so long as Somaliland's Power Base remains strongly committed to the notion of an independent Somaliland republic, rest assured that Somaliland's dream will come true. This overdue "international recognition" which Somaliland rightly deserves, will eventually come, sooner than later. :D

PS

There are a number of African Countries who are working behind the scenes to make this a reality. ;)

Saaxil   

Yee haaa...Yee haaa ... I see lots of back pad and excitements from those fellows who share the same philosophy on the issue of Somaliland in which I disagree as a citizen from the region. Unlike those who are stanch supporters of Somaliland succession with any prize such as the born again extremists of Rayaale, Awil "Mucjiso", Odweyne and likes, I am for a dialogue between the communities of the region. Then if they agree to succeed from the south so BE IT . We all now the south has gone too far!

Let the dreamers’ continuo to dwell in their fantasy world, but rest assured that ultimately reality will catch with them.

Duco Qabe

^What are you going to do Mr. Duce?

The number of foreign academics and diplomats, politicians (MPs), governments, Think Tanks and Organisations that support Somaliland is growing by the day. Will the "nobodies" keep crying after each and everyone of them? I say, tough luck. :D

The Caravan will march on and on.... :cool:

I am for a dialogue between the communities of the region. Then if they agree to succeed from the south so BE IT . We all now the south has gone too far.

Reminder: 1991 Grand Conference in Burao

Taleexi   
Originally posted by Suldaanka:

Reminder: 1991 Grand Conference in Burao QUOTE]

Let it be reminded that the considered event was monologue conference rather than dialogue if we aint about to revise history.