Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Edna Adan wants to come back to politics.

Ibtisam   

^^^Why she is better educated and more well rounded than half the toothless tress you support, and the leeches that currently hold the public hostage with lies.

I think politics will muddy the water for her, BUT if she was going to go for it. I agree with Suldaanka above.

NGONGE   

^^ The BBC's Question Time once had an African edition, she was on it. She was part of the SL government at the time. She did not do a good job.

Ibtisam   

^^^I remember watching it, in fact I'm sure someone posted a link on SOL at the time. She was fine, she interacted with the audience well and got her points across without hogging the mic for 30mins and talking herself up he own backside like the usual Somali politicians.

In any case you base your judgment on a BBC performance. Wadi, your are being small minded.

P.s. If Riyaal and/ or Silanayo was to go on a panel talk show, I doubt they will do well either- Somalis can lecture, they cannot quip in here and there as and when necessary in 40secs. Forget them, even Brown chokes.

NGONGE   

^^ Actually, having listned to Riyaale speaking in Somali (and despite what his haters say) I think he is always on point and does a somewhat good job. Silanayo too is not bad in a question and answer session. Adna, for all her other skills, is not that good. She is not a politician, Ibti. It's nothing to do with her being a woman, she just is not a politician.

Ibtisam   

^^^That is the POINT speaking in SOMALI on BBC Somali and lecturing people is not the same as being part of a discussion panel in English. As I said neither will be good.

We'll agree to disagree, but you need to work on your reasons.

Qudhac   

Ibti

dont blame Ng for his stance as he is now officially in the establishment, his Guru has given him a line to suckle.

have you heard riyale enlish... its a word a minute with alot of EEEEEER EEEEEEH in middle.. my grand can do better than that..

NG

t162496.jpg

NGONGE   

^^ I told you my reasons, woman. I heard her SPEAK. She is not a good public speaker (she speaks very good English though). She goes off on a tangent and hardly keeps up with things. She also does not seem to be subtle or wily enough for actual politics.

Watch the program again

NGONGE   

^^ I wouldn't mind it if they paid me. I'm doing this for free (for now). Lets hope JB remembers me when he's made SL Minster Of Everything Good. :D

Ibtisam   

All @ For now, everyone must get paid miya :rolleyes:

Ngonge you have no point, I just told you that your beloved leaders would've done much worse in such position.

The lady has the gift be being able to reach all, young old, women, men and across all sectors, not only that she is organised and clear on goals and her effort is beyond most somali men.

Saalax   

looooool@ meesha rabsha ka dhacday baas naga dhaafa edna adan her position will be cancelled due too many somalilanders being against her running for the Golaha Guurtiida job. :D

I disagree with NG on this one, Edna should be the next President of the traingle, she will do a great job finishing of what Riyaale has started.

We welcome the woman who stated in public that her people were the orphans of the Queen of England. :D

Why would her being a woman prevent her from taking a leadership role? Is she able? I think not. As NG said, she is not a politician, rather an ordinary person with potential in other areas – I say stick with the hospital and the health of the nation, for that is far worthier and more valuable to the public in the long-run.

More importantly, did anyone consider the fact that she is not a Muslim, hence would not qualify to lead a Muslim state?

Till then,