Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

End the Occupation Now

Jacpher   

Adis Ababa:
Ethiopia's prime minister said his country will pull its troops out of neighbouring Somalia within
after helping the Somali interim government rout Islamists in a two-week war.

"We will stay there for a few days to help the transitional government in preserving stability, then we will pull out our troops ... this will take a week or
a maximum of two weeks,
" Meles Zenawi told Al Jazeera television in remarks aired on Friday.

"We will not stay there for an extra hour after finishing our mission," he said. "We have concluded all combat operations."

Is Melez a man of his word? He has denied more than a dozen times his military crossed the border into Somalia in the 90s. He also denied having troops in Baydhabo the months leading up to the war. The two weeks are over now and let’s see if the two weeks talk was just empty talk.

Muqdisho is in its 14th day under occupation, 10 for Kismaayo and 25 days for Baydhabo. What can the TFG do if the Ethiopian troops decide setup permanent bases throughout the country and decide to act the policemen for the state? I guess the TFG is what Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia was to the Iraq War collision of the willing to Ethiopia. No leverage or cards to play whatsoever.

Castro   

Come on Jimcaale. Did you really think Zenawi meant two (2) weeks when he uttered those words? Aren't the Ethiopians who called for help from the US Airforce on Sunday night? Are they not getting their butts plastered in the South (and soon in Muqdisho)?

Ethiopia is here for at least through 2007. If they're dumber than I thought and they leave before then, Yeey should start shopping for a nice Armani suit to be buried in.

Jacpher   

I didn't but Geedi and his supporters might have. I don't think that was even realistic goal. I understand they're beyond accountability but that doesn't mean we should not examine what they tell us everyday.

^^^There is no occupation, there is a milltary support, if it lasts a week, two or a month matters not. They are leaving the AU troops are coming and the anti-government groups are being routed. You can cry, live in denail, fight or keep quite, thats ones choice. But the TFG is not flinching.

Fabregas   

There is no occupation cajib brother the invasion broke all international laws and furthermore the un resolution stated that no neighbouring countries where allowed to have a military presence in somalia.

NGONGE   

^^^ He's on a promise. The London ambassadorship is still up for grabs. Though with president Riyale visiting Addis the other day, I think our Duke might have some competition there. Not unless Riyale wants to go to Egypt instead. :D

Castro   

^ He already owns a mansion there, right? What does a person like Riyaale say to a Zenawi when they meet under circumstances like these?

Zenawi: Hey man, Riyaale, right?

Riyaale: Yessir.

Zenawi: How's it going?

Riyaale: Good sir.

Zenawi: Well, I'll cut to the chase and tell you why I called you in today.

Riyaale: Ok sir.

Zenawi: We have a problem, Yeey.

Riyaale: It's Riyaale, sir.

Zenawi: Riyaale, Yeey, Geedi, I don't give a shit. You're all chicken poop as far as I'm concerned.

Riyaale: Sorry sir.

Zenawi: The problem is, you're not giving me enough public support for the good work I'm doing for you and the other clowns I brought to Muqdisho. Why is that?

Riyaale: I would sir, if I knew how, but I don't.

Zenawi: Rubbish. You know how to go shopping for a villa in Cairo, don't you?

Riyaale: No sir. My wife did that.

Zenawi: Well goddammit why am I even talking to a fool like you. I should be talking to her. Did you bring her on this trip?

Riyaale: Yessir.

Zenawi: Well get the hell out of my office and send your wife in. Go to the Addis zoo or something. You could find better conversation there with like minded creatures. :rolleyes:

Riyaale: My wife went shopping sir.

Zenawi: Well of course she did. I just gave you 2 million dollars last year. That house in Cairo couldn't have cost that much.

Riyaale: I don't know sir. It's under my wife's name.

Zenawi: Oh shit. Get out of here. Guards! Lord, what have I gotten myself into? What have I done in my past to suffer the humiliation of dealing with door knobs like these?

Darn it, sounded more like W talking to B-liar there.

It was fun. A follow up would be fantastic. This time with the ultimate poop Mrs Geedi, oops, Mr Geedi/Yeey/ Aid-doone et al.