Sign in to follow this  
fartun

can somali girl marry black american?

fartun   

hey pple i just wnat ask yo guys can somali girl marry black american, what i mean was that i am in love with black guy and we have been together in about 3years and half, and i know that that my parent won't let get long with him, because of our culture. he is the only guy i have ever met with, not only love and every thing else, he even help me my home work, and he boughte me a car, so every time he asked me if i can get marry him so what can i do with him should i say yes or say no and follow my parents, plezzz what can i do. i am not a little girl i am in university of california. mmy age is 19.

so plezzz answer my questions.

thanx pple.

lulla   

Libaax plz be serious for a minute!Listen to me, i think u are very young and i don't think u should rush to a marriage. I don't care whether his somali or america, it doesn't matter.secondly, are u marrying this guy because u love him or because u are grateful to his kindness and u feel like u have to repay him?third,are u sure u want to marry a guy from other culture?I mean what ur children, u have to consider them too because this will affect their life.Fourth, what about ur parents?your friends? Don't get me wrong but u sound like u don't love this guy for real.Are u sure u ready for marriage?Let me tell you, u don'tneed our help.You already know the answer for urself.U just want to hear it and sometimes that help us see clearly.Your the only one who can ANSWER ur questions and i hope u make the right decision for urself.GOOD LUCK SIS!

Hibo   

Sis Fartun after 3 years why would you want any advice. You have already made the committment. Iam sure your mind is already made up so just do what you think is right.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Ismahan   

well said lulla..... I agree with ya.... sis if he is not muslim don't ever think about it but if he is muslim and u really do love him not only paying him back... u can go for it and fight for ur love.....

Beside girl ur too young to marry... Focus on ur study right now, I am sure u may change ur mind later.....

and as LST said there is a plenty of somali guys..... LOOOL wink.gif.....

To marry someone sis (in my opnion) u have to be able to share with him everything and i guess culture is one of those things...

PEACE...

Abdinuur   

Dang, he bought you a car...can i get his # so he can buy me one...lol..

What is wrong with marryin' a black person...aint he/she a human being that deserves marriage and love.

I agree wit Shaqsii...cuzz like you said you knew this guy for a while, you made a commitment, and now you gonna have to make a decision.

Try to persuade him in accepting Diinul-Islam and consul/advise him to be a Muslim. If he's truly sincere and loves you and wants to share his life with your life, he'd listen to you.

Whatever your decision may be...sis, the guy has to accept Allah and become a Muslim.

fartun   

pple thanc for the coment, what saying is i already made my dicision yo na'mean, any way i consider my self to study and have the best life to have in this world, any way what saying is he is muslim 100% and as i told yo guys we have been a while together, insha allah i will make my choise again, and he is the only one i have ever met in my life since i was little girl, besides that we use to live in same place, any way that is it i can say thanx pple.

Hibo   

Marry him, the world is today not tommorrow and today won't come back again. cease the moment girl.

raula   

gal...if u've been w/ him 4 3 yrs ..u dont need an advice..otherwise, u could've done it long time ago...& by the way, if he is not muslim...then wat other choice do u need...besides there r plenty of muslim bros around...dont waste ur tyme.....

midwesta

Salaama All,

Like Angie Stone said "

He is my King,

He is my one

Yes he's my father,

Yes he's my son

I can talk to him,

cuz he UNDERSTANDS

Everything I go through

and everything I'M

That's my support system,

I CAN'T live without him

I'm so proud of you

Whenever you facin doubt,

NOMAD'S gon work it out

I'm so proud of him

And I just want the whole world to know, about my SOMALI BROTHA!! Yeah that is right, what you thought I was gona say?

Sista Fartun, Caws Jilaal waa lagama Huraan! girl you're better off with your FAARAX... Yeah I know his "Muslim" and all that, but sista sooner or later the Culture difference will Surface....and trust me, Walaahi your gona regret marrying outside your culture big time... But hey, It's your life! right. Who are we to tell you what to do with it?, Just one last piece of advice Remember U made your bed, just don't forget to lay on it later when he beats the Sh*t out of you and you're living in Shelters wink.gif

Ma'salaama cwm2.gif

Buubto   

i agree with sis luul well said cwm1.gif

Fartuun sis u r heading to "qeyrkiisa loo xiiray adna soo qoyso" have u reread ur input? well it shows that u not even sure wat u truly want.

is carystal clear that u r imature to get married right now. is just not right. u see getting married isn't fantacy as they make it seem, is big challange my dear even adults who are fully prapered can't handle it. I will say to ya stop dating and start dating books. to me he is buying u by his wealth that isn't a true love. true love isn't expressing it by money. so quit the whole thing.

about ur prance i just got to say one thing about it "lax meesha ey is dhigto ayaa lagu goracaa" & "soo joog lagawaaye soo jiifso ayaa laga helaa" & "waalid waana diisa diiday ma liibaane" & "qooq qaade qurun la kulme". No offence just advising u like my own sis. good luck anyway cwm37.gif

P.s a Labanies girl i once met who was married to non labanies man, advised me never ever marry non somali man cuz simply u will pay the price. She said "is absolutly full of endless problems if u don't argue today u will argue tommorrow". i know u saying no it won't happen to me but hey Never under stumulate anything like sis LF said turn ur attention to ur faarax's 4 change cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 03-14-2002).]

Baydan   

Buubto and LF

you all forget to add my favorite maahmaah Qooq ma jabee ninkiisaa (in this case, naagtiisa) jabta. Fartun, sista macaanto we dont mean to be harsh but becuz we care we gotta put everthing on the table...life isnt always hazy and beautiful.

If you marry this man you might as well give yourself up to this country.. is that what you want? to stay here indefinetly?...your kids wont have place or identity back home..they will be descriminated.

You said he the only man you've ever known? I'm thinking you're speaking in the contaxt of just getting to know a guy...nothing else right? well in my opinion sis,that's all the more reason why you should forget about him..go out girl date somali guys..from the forum if you must i'm sure we could set you up with one of the guys here wink.gif then if you still feel like he is "the one"..atleast you've tried.

[This message has been edited by Baydan (edited 03-14-2002).]

fartun   

pple thanx for the comment. what i am saying is i didn't know that yo all will tell yo samething, man, any way somali guys are suck yo know what i mean.? hope so i will make my disicion.

ONKOD   

Fartun if you are 19 yrs old and you have been with him for about 3 1/2 yrs how old were you when you met him?...... 15 1/2 yrs old. That is wrong girl. You have been taken advantage by this guy.

The issue is more like, YOU need to grow up, meet other ppl, and most of all finish school. It is wrong to marry this guy not because he is an African American but simply because you are too young to think about marriage and he is buying you things that will put you in a very vulnerable position. Somalidu waxay ku maahmaahdaa " AF WAX CUNAY XISHOOD".

There are sisters and brothers that are married to Ajinabi they know what it is like to bring someone home who cannot understand or talk to your MOM or DAD, that is something groun ups can decide if it worth going through the trouble. You haven't had the chance to grow up yet. For your family's sake wait for a few more years.

Peace.