Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntlanders turn more hawkish- A new republic must emerge

ANWAR   

I do not think that PUNTLAND is rady to have south somali responsibility

CUZ it will be to much clan talk! :(

and we all know puntland and south somaali story

BUT move the capital to Garowe IS GOOD IDEA!

but most somalis will think it will be a hiden clan agenda if tha capital is moved to garowe :(

1. The capital of Somalia be moved to Garowe, opening all the missions , embassies And relocate all UN offices to that city. Garowe is peaceful and Somali territory instead of our affairs being run from Nairobi.

2. bring southern clans to Puntland and hold a grand conference not of just reconciliation but to give them space in order to discuss the creation of local and state admins that will form the real Federal states of the south similar to Puntland.

3. let the national army, navy be trained in Pubtland with international support then move to take over sections of the south as those areas develop politically.

Duke these are great suggestions brother.

Gabbal: Anagu haykal dawladeed baanu leynahaye ee idinku maxaad heysatiin?

Puntland is united today more than ever and a united's people back and spine cannot be broken.

You on the other hand in Gedo are divided into Alshabaab and Hisbul Islaam on one hand and warlord in Doolow. In the central region majority of Ahlu Sunnah wal Jamaacah fighting is you, those in Gaalkacyo, dhusamareeb and guriceel are from Cabudwaaq.

Today saxib you're devided into Alshabaab, Hisbul Islaam, Ahlusunnah wal jamaacah and warlord. I dare you to say otherwise that gedo is partly divided into alshabaab and Hisbul islaam and warlord and that the central regions you inhabit are ahlu-sunnah wal jamaacah.

Gabbal   

Gedo is Xisbul Islaam more so than Al Shabaab. It is the old Al Itihad who do not have transnational ambition that have peacefully taken over. Even so, I cannot say I am displeased or disappointed in anything going on there. The people seem to be enjoying the most peace, security, and even development they have seen since the collapse of the former government and for that the Islamists deserve appreciation is the cry from the local people. :D

But all that is irrelavent. I simply said if Puntland can "resist" where the southern states fell, it will be seen when and if the Islamist cause reaches there. I have a theory and the theory does not include a conventional "shisheeye" army heading into the region. This is why I question the concept of "unity in the face of Islamism" as envisioned by you and Duke at the present moment. icon_razz.gif

Gabbal: You always have theories adeer. The fact is Puntland and its regions have many reformed Al-Itixad leaders they are integral part of the state and system and are thriving any sort of conflict would be against their vested interests. Also the failures of the fake Islamist groups in the south and the blood letting has oepend the eyes of the population to the importance of what they have. Puntland main issues are poverty and ignorance but the system has incorporated the elders and religious leaders one has to see Sheikh Abdulkadir Gacamay and the role he plays. So far Puntland has held up and its time it took the role as the main Somali republic instead of waiting for Mogadishu and other regions.

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

generale, haday Hargiesa caasimad inoo noqoto maxaa dhici?

It would be progress indeed. Hargaysa is a good choice for a capital of Somalia. The thing is you dont need to convince the authority or population of Garowe, we are ready to serve. Riyaale and his group need more work, go ask JB. :D

Gd waa runtii. Anaggu maanta shicib, dawlad iyo weliba culumadeenii wey isku duubayahiin.

So Gabbal, the people of Puntland together with their religious establishment are united today as ever, because they now see the reality on the ground. It was President Faroole who said that and also that they constantly engage and preach in the mosques with the wadaads and thus made the masjid a place for all leaders and scholors alike.

Where as you are divided into Hisbul Islaam, AL-Shabab and Warlord in Gedo and Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jammac in Cabduwaq and rest of Galgadud.

Puntland is one today and its backbone can not be broken, because a united's people spin cannot be defeated.

Originally posted by President Anwar:

BUT move the capital to Garowe IS GOOD IDEA!

but most somalis will think it will be a hiden clan agenda if tha capital is moved to garowe
:(

This is a problem, you don’t present any solution and dwell on the perceived advantage some would see Garowe as capital. What if it is the main solution that could help “most” Somali’s. Its time to rise above such nonsense and search for feasible solutions to our political problems. Sharif Hotel long ago sowed the seeds to the nightmare that he is experiencing. A few in life face their sins, this man and his sons used to complain about “Tigray” tanks and claim there were no “foreign fighters” in the Bakara market. Today they use “Ugandan tanks” to attack the Bakara and even parade dead Somali’s as proof they are fighting foreigners. Thus why should I worry about a neighbor who gleefully set his own house on fire, my main aim is that the flames don’t reach me.

Waar ummada xumadu heyso yaa wax u sheega. Qabiil dawlad (goboleed or otherwise) ma noqdo. The only way forward is unity of all Somalis whichever part of Somalia. This can only come when the thugs are uprooted and justice iyo midnimo returns, insha Allah.

^^^

Progress and change is better than hatred and anarchy.

If Puntland, as you imply, is "dawlad Qabiil" and is so devoid of ideas, why is it impossible for the anarchist in south Somalia to come up with some alternate solutions to what Puntland is and the federal system we suggest?

I'm getting sick and tired of crybaby Puntland haters with nothing better to do than spit on our exemplary progress. Thanks for nothing!

Meiji   

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

Waar ummada xumadu heyso yaa wax u sheega.
Qabiil dawlad (goboleed or otherwise) ma noqdo
. The only way forward is unity of all Somalis whichever part of Somalia. This can only come when the thugs are uprooted and justice iyo midnimo returns, insha Allah.

Well Said.

Let them dream of Garowe been the capital of their ''new republic''. That dream will be a wasted effort and time like the ''Somaliland Republic'' dream.

GAAROODI   

Hey guys just came back from holidays i was back in the motherland aka Somaliland for 6 months had the time of my life. so whats this i hear about puntland wanting to become an independent state?

its just strange how when everything goes against puntland interest they want to go it alone. Speaking on behalf of somaliland wether you stay or go doesnt really concern us however to say no to somaliland and yes to puntland is abit of a double standard.

peace, best of luck to all parties...

LOVE LIFE LIBERTY..

^^^You need to read the thread before making assumptions, no one is seceding, just rethinking the whole Mogadishu & South being central to Somalia. Thats all. There are many options.

Also maybe you were insulated in Hargaysa, but at this time things are going very well for Puntland and its new government., the regions are peaceful, and the world has started to realise how central Puntland is to the whole Somali republic

Faroole has done well thus far. :D