Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Worry about the increasing divorce rate in the somali community in North America

Interesting Topic,

In a simple answer, PPle get divorced to keep the word DIVORCE alive in the Dictionary. Let's think of DIVROCE Algebraically. They will X out each other. If there's no DIVORCE = no MARRIAGE.

haha,

Taliban   
It's only natural that there's an increase in the divorce rate of Somali communities in North America and Europe. Why is that? Because, Somalis like other immigrants, adapt to the dominant Western culture. An increase in the divorce rate is a Western culture.

-Lily-   

Zafir ...as in who cares? If anyone knew the solution to reducing divorce rates it would have been applied everywhere. You worry about your own problems and not those of another 100 thousand others.

If I'm supposed to give advice, I would say identifying a situation before it becomes a problem and communication, but then again what do I know, I'm not married, and neither are half the ppl here giving advice so freely...

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Tone:

quote:Originally posted by AAliyah416:

War maxaad isku heysa Tone ---warka ikala dhigdhig ...get hitched hano danbeese
icon_razz.gif

wa salaam

Can someone translate this... Did she accept it?
It means i shukaanso (Hit on me first before we speak of marriage).

Aint that right Aaliya??

Hope you are well girl.

Aaliyyah   

Tone I asked what you got to offer , I neither accepted nor declined. By the way cambaro u got it ,,,he needs to show me what he got 2 offer :D .

wa salaaam

p.s. tone intaan isa shukaansan bal horta qalin iyo warqad so qado aan ku bare somali icon_razz.gif

Ameen   

Tone she’s asking you what you got to offer, now its your turn to step up to the plate and show her how deep your words can penetrate her heart, lol.

The question is, what can you offer her, tell her you can offer her a long life of halaqs on the beach and a continues rise of her eman (pending Allah accepts her and causes her eman to rise).

And Allah knows best

Lake   

Sister I can offer you a long life of halaqs on the beach and a continues rise of your eman (pending Allah accepts you and causes you eman to rise). And it doesn't hurt that we happend to be in the same city. lol

***Tells mom..her son is about to get married****

fartun   

the reason that divorce is increasing among young people is that... 98% of the people who get marry.. have an enormouse wedding cermony, trying to follow what every one would call an American dream for something that will happen one day of your life wedding day and night... i mean lets cut to the chase if you want to have a wedding that is going to cost 30K+ think about it who in the world have that amount of money saved in their bank unless you end up with a credit card that has a that amount of credit limit.. besides doing soming xaram, and making females and male gathered in one place ya allah.. don't expect that marriage to last... a house that you start with xaram won't last with halal in my opinion ofcourse alot of you will disagree with me this.. you are not getting married to the public for you to have huge cermony by the end of the day you will end up with the one you love and you want to be with.... i got married, and had my wedding cermoney held at the masjid.. and fed the people at the masjid and had a ducaa hold for me and my husband... and that is the best choice that i made in my life.. i din't want to have a huge wedding because i wanted to make my marriage to last and to have the dream marriages that our prophits had (PUH), so by all means if you want to have a lasting marriage please for heaven sake have a marriage were that is tradtion and based on teh religion rather than trying to be like a Westeren culutre... respect your religion and your culture if you want to have that marriage last for a life time...

Taliban   

Originally posted by fartun:

the reason that divorce is increasing among young people is that... 98% of the people who get marry.. have an enormouse wedding cermony, trying to follow what every one would call an American dream for something that will happen one day of your life wedding day and night... i mean lets cut to the chase if you want to have a wedding that is going to cost 30K+ think about it who in the world have that amount of money saved in their bank unless you end up with a credit card that has a that amount of credit limit.. besides doing soming xaram, and making females and male gathered in one place ya allah.. don't expect that marriage to last... a house that you start with xaram won't last with halal in my opinion ofcourse alot of you will disagree with me this.. you are not getting married to the public for you to have huge cermony by the end of the day you will end up with the one you love and you want to be with.... i got married, and had my wedding cermoney held at the masjid.. and fed the people at the masjid and had a ducaa hold for me and my husband... and that is the best choice that i made in my life.. i din't want to have a huge wedding because i wanted to make my marriage to last and to have the dream marriages that our prophits had (PUH), so by all means if you want to have a lasting marriage please for heaven sake have a marriage were that is tradtion and based on teh religion rather than trying to be like a Westeren culutre... respect your religion and your culture if you want to have that marriage last for a life time...

Well said.

Ameen   

AAliyah sis, Tone has stepped up to the plate and has presented himself as a Man determined.

Now sister, respond to him and say, " boi,long halaqs on the beach, thanks brother but Im looking for a Man who knows a womens worth, who can give me an experince from Junnah while still in dunya (spiritually speaking of course lol). And Allah knows best

P.S. I know Im staring to sound like the Somali version of Hitch, but really...I aint lol

Aaliyyah   

Ameen lol war maxaad isku diri ..YOU suppose to tell me to go for em not the other way around .Tone u are on brother.So what is next :D ...

wa salaam

p.s. tone lol@ tells his mom son is abt 2 be marreid, hun lets not rush , u suppose to sweep me off my feet first..lord how lil u somali men know of Romance icon_razz.gif

Ameen   

By the way Tone, I forgot to tell you that you (and the rest of us brothers) need to become more romantic (not like Usher or Tyrese romantic, but just "a faraax romance") if we want to succeed with these sisters than we need to bring out our skills (HA romance, more like a date at Subway lool).

AAliyah reading one of your other posts, you said...you have skills in match making, so why than are you asking Tone what is next? Dont you know the next step?

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

i got married, and had my wedding cermoney held at the masjid.. and fed the people at the masjid and had a ducaa hold for me and my husband... and that is the best choice that i made in my life..

fartun, sis, I'm so proud of you! You really had your wedding @ a masjid? Well done. How did your parents react? If I do that, my relatives will be so cut and just to spare their feelings my mum wouldn't want to do it that way :rolleyes: