Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What can i wear!?

Ms DD   

Salaam Aaliyah

How are you? I hear someone was looking for you at the chatroom smile.gif

It is always nice to dress conservatively whilst looking professional. I feel so proud when i see a sister wearing her hijab and dressed accroding to her deen. It brings warmth to my heart.

nafta   

Ibtisam, I would advice you to visit your nearest Top Shop and book an appoinment with their Style Advisor. A friend had a session with them recently after looking and finding nothing for an upcoming wedding.

It's free (the appointment, not the clothes!) and you can choose from a selection of outfits/shoes/assecories she fishes out for you according to your style/height/hair colour etc etc. Give them a looksie if you're running out of options or don't have the time to browse shops endlessly.

G'Luck smile.gif

P.S. if you still have your student/nus card you can get a discount of 10 or 15 % too.

-Lily-   

I suggest a well tailored suit. Perhaps a 3 quarter length skirt with matching jacket and nice knee length leather boots. There are many sophisticated ones out there for the autumn season, try Wallis or Principles. Good luck and congrats.

P.S. Is it just me or does anyone wear a dress for their graduation unless it is in summer?

Ibtisam   

Nafta:

I tried the stylist at topshop, It was so funny, seriously it was the most funniest experience in ages. Lets just say nothing fitted me, too tight, too loose, too short, too long, to dull and very strange looks to say the least. Maybe I’m just not experimental enough, I was horrified as some of her suggestions! Lool.

Water:

I think I just might, I have one WEEK to find an outfit, lool.

Camabro i like the blue number, :D where is that available?

Thanks everyone else :D much appreciated!.

Ah, I was going to ask how it went, but it seems it's yet to happen.

One of my colleagues had her graduation last week. She came back to the office the next day, with hair down to her ar$e (weave I assumed) and fake lashes on. Well, hello! The poor man's Beyonce?

Do people really go to all that effort?

Ibtisam   

^^^^loooool :D Most people do. My family told me in the weekend they were not coming coz they are going on holiday instead! so i might even go really, and they have sent us our qualifications by post already. SO might just save my money instead.

RedSea   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Hi everyone,

I have my graduation to go to and I am clueless as what to wear
redface.gif
:mad: for those of you that have been to one, advise, and if you have not been to one then, still what is your opinion.

Only condition: London is cold and i am taking my Coat regardless, and tights,
Thermal underwear
(lol) just kidding, not that cold, but you get the picture.

Thanks in advance people

First of all congradualations sister Ibtisam,I am very happy for you.

Secondly, well there is no second,specially after the "Thermal underwear",o lord I am having heart attack..good luck. :D

RedSea   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

SA-aba-59_prod.jpg

tn500x400-jamavar_gown_detail.jpg

tn500x400-ocean-blue_dress_detail.jpg

SA-tunic-07_prod.jpg

with a little hijab and trousers/skirt.

Just dont wear the above dresses. They are evening dresses..it is not appropriate for a graduation. In fact not appropriate for a muslimah at all.

wow,those look stuning Cambaro,where can I find those,I would like to buy those for someone special. ;)

Ameen   

Cambaro, those are nice dresses for a Muslimah...you got to share the info...so I can prove to my little sister that a hijab does not remove your beauty, but only adds to it. She is only seven, but its never too early to look out for her right? so where can I get something her size, in those dresses?

And Allah knows best

Shakti   

Excuse me.. i waved the net for entire 5min(thats right..5min) just to give u an idea 4 what 2 wear on ur big day.. and here u r entertaining the idea of not going

u better goooooooooooooo :MADFACE:

king_450   

simple topic but hard to give an advise. Who you trying to impress i hope it is you,if it is you then be comfortable whatever pleases you. why not wear for a change dharkaaga hidaha iyo dhaqanka so this can show your culture and be proud of it. Good luck and congrat.