Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What can i wear!?

mantra   

Mantra:

Hijab is overrated, but tell me, what does a hijab (a material do for someone who is otherwise so misplaced?)

I Am aware of that hadith, thanks for the reminder. :wink:

otherwise misplaced lol!

excuses, excuses...

that piece of cloth prevents you from doing so much, it's a constant reminder "BEHAVE YOURSELF" and before you know it your neighbours will be telling their daughters to be more like you, not much for motivation but yeah...hijab rocks..

end of sermon

I saw some nice stuff at Zara's, im sure you'll find something..

have a great graduation!

Ibtisam   

otherwise misplaced lol!

excuses, excuses...

that piece of cloth prevents you from doing so much, it's a constant reminder "BEHAVE YOURSELF" and before you know it your neighbours will be telling their daughters to be more like you, not much for motivation but yeah...hijab rocks..

Too bad some people who wear it don't have any control or respect. As for the Neighbours, well they are the same people that probably speard all kind of talk about you a few months back, so it really would not matter what they say and think.

In saying that people do change after covering, one of my friends last year covered, she changed so much it was scary in a good way. She does not talk to me anymore, but she loves her new life i hear. :(:D

lool @end of sermon

As for my graduation! It was great, it was funny, sad and strange, and the speeches were boring, and i did not fall over on stage :D . Everyone looked FAB :cool: I end up in a red and black min dress with peep toe red platforms and sheer black leggings. It was cool!.

I am so going hold my family to account for not attending, in fact I am going to remind them every time they ask me to do something I don't want to.

Its true the gown covers mostly everything, wear beautiful shoes and take the price tags off at the bottom, the amount of women who walked on stage with bright white price label on the back of their shoes, flashing as they walked :eek:

All in all, it was good, ( we did not get to throw the hat! in the air!)

mantra   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Too bad some people who wear it don't have any control or respect. As for the Neighbours, well they are the same people that probably speard all kind of talk about you a few months back, so it really would not matter what they say and think.

In saying that people do change after covering, one of my friends last year covered, she changed so much it was scary in a good way. She does not talk to me anymore, but she loves her new life i hear.
:(:D

hahaha your friend is missing the point it seems, I for one cant stand holier-than-thou morons, they get to me. Glad to see your graduation went well, and your outfit sounds interesting lol..

off topic, yesterday some man approached me on the jubilee line and asked me if he could have my Free Palestine badge, he wore it proudly (he was Irish :D , gotta love them) you wouldnt happen to know where I can get more?

Ibtisam   

^^^I’ll remember that dear, I say give you a couple more days/months and you would

get so religious that you would no longer post on SOL (wasting time ;) ) nor would you go out with any of your current "friends" unless you were heading to the mosque or a talk! :D You wait and see, that Hijab has a mind of its own sometimes! :D You will end up making a whole bunch of friends like you and become isolated from the rest of society. redface.gif:( You might not, but thats what happened to few people i knew.

Yes you can get one from the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, any event they are holding, you can get one from the save Al Aqsa group, Or Jews for Justice, or Stop the Wall ( I think it is called) not to mention Stop the war coalition. If all else fails, i have many, so I’ll post you one inshallah.

smile.gif