Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Interview with former Somali President Siyad Barre

Aaliyyah   

I have never heard any of siyad barre's interviews. I came across this one by chance and I have to admit the man comes across as intelligent man who knows what he's talking about. I have to admit I was impressed. Yes he might have been a dictator, perhaps there were some people who were not treated right (im sure that happens within any government) every government has its shortcomings, but in general somalia was thriving unlike the choas we have today. Rest in peace Siyaad Barre. And, may allah swt shower his mercy and blessing upon you.

salaam

p.s I would appreciate if the people in here will refrain from badmouthing a dead man..much tnx...

Saalax   

Correction Somalia wasn't thriving only mogadishu/koonfur were that is where most of the countries budget went to i am extremely disappointed the former government of somalia did nothing for the second biggest region - Sanaag so i can clearly say the fall of the government was a blessing for the people of sanaag and somaliland overall since we see more developments nowadays then before.

bilan   

Aabe Siyaad aloow kuu naxariiso, I do not know where you get the idea Somalia was thriving though, maybe in the 70s, but things were going from bad to worse in the 80s. I’m always surprised when people post a topic about a leader or movement and then expect people not say anything. Whether you want to hear it or not, Somalia is in this position because of him, isagaa qabiil qabiil u hubeeyey Somali ilaa ay isnacday. Maybe he was good man and people around him corrupted him.

Saalax   

Bilan, can you believe even the world economy free market posted a report proofing somalia is thriving now then when it was under siad bare economically, it shows the former government were obstacle to the economy , development, and independent private companies and the free market.

Cowke   

Azizah, I've studied about siyad barre and as u noted he wasn't perfect but he was alot better then what we have today, you can tell he was good leader because the way somalis were treated by foreigners under siyad barre and the way somalis are treated today just shows you that somalis in general have sunk and sunk real low, so as far im concerned I believe he was a great man.

By the way if you want to see more of his interviews/speeches general life just go here

http://www.jaallesiyaad.com/

May the old man rest in peace

Ps: One of the last dardaraan he gave before he was exited the nation was "Dal wad igu imaaneysa somalia lakinse dad uguma imaneysid" and he was spot on the money!!!

Libaahe,

Sanaag is the third largest region. Bari is the largest and Gedo is the second largest. This was the fact prior 1991 in Ministry of interior.

Showqi   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Stop crying for the dead people and start cleaning the current mess ............

"I'm talking to all of u here" ,,,,

You absolutely right JB,,,,,, thanks for the good advise

Haatu   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Libaahe,

Sanaag is the third largest region. Bari is the largest and Gedo is the second largest. This was the fact prior 1991 in Ministry of interior.

somalia_eng.gif

Saalax   

Duufaan, lies and lies gedo is not larger than sanaag are you out of your mind? even galgadud seems bigger than gedo in the map haatu posted.

Saalax   

Haatu , this was the original somalia regional map prior to the 1960 - july 1 - 1969 oct before siad bare carved out new 1's, i feel siad bare did that to try and weaken the SNM & USC.

1054evr.png

Saalax   

Haatu, lol do you actually believe that? that map was changed with other hidden motives like i said to try and weaken the SNM & USC people's , before USC- Mohammed Farah Aided faction's people were all located in mudugh and strong , while now they are divided into mudugh and galgadud and benadiir was 1 dominated by Ali Mahdi's people and siad bare divided into shabeele hoose iyo benadiir, so i like i said he did that to try and divide people.