Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is a man/woman worth fighting over?

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Silence:

quote: NOTHING IS FOREVER.

Except a 14 carat diamond ring. Bribe her with it and sail to the Red Sea Inaar. :rolleyes:
LOL. Hey, I am a man of course who wouldn't relate to a lot of feminine sentiments. If I was buying a present to someone I love and care about, It would be other things though I would include Katiinad with her name on it for a surprise LOL. Or if she names the diamond as something she likes then I would buy it for her. But I would never buy these on my own initiative because of the complete disconnect I have with them. They would never come up at the top of the list of the presents. Am I missing something here? I think Western Women are more progressive in these areas. I like their attitude towards Gold and Diamond. It isn't top AND big of an issue compared to Somali/Arab women. May be they love the diamonds but not the gold.

Enlgihten me please. Why is it the way it is with you women? Is it the culture that instills the interest in you? And excuse my ignorance about the importance of these things. As I said, I can't relate to this as I suspect most Men do not as well. I just know you somali women love that thing and I don't udnerstand why.

x_quizit   

^^...why do women love diamonds? why do men love sports? :D ..one of those unexplainable things...

In truth, I don't agree with this culture that tells a man in order to show his love he must get her the biggest diamond ring, only then would his love be true...ie-look at the media, commercials...all directed at men.."this yr, tell her she's ur true love with this 5 karat ring"....

Yes...i won't lie, no gurl would turn down a diamond, but at the same time, any loser can easily accumulate the cash and buyit, wouldn't change the core of who he is at the end of the day....so as cliche as it sounds, the person matters more than the gift ;) (hope they buy

it) :D .....u can also look at it as gold, lots of women, somali women love to receive it and have it in their possession ....hope this clarifies it, least from my point of view...

p.s.-suggestions for an orginal gift?-how about a thoughtful letter, poem, song...etc....

peace

Blessed   

^^Ditto :D

I think Western Women are more progressive in these areas.

Yeah, sure.

Brother the only difference is that, they don't do Mid-Eastern dahab (though Dubai is on every woman’s travel shopping wish list these days). DeBeers and Tiffany's bey ka ciyaaraan. Very progressive, I agree :D

Laakin forgiving a husband that cheats on you because he bought you something is beyond cheap.

Enlgihten me please. Why is it the way it is with you women? Is it the culture that instills the interest in you?

Every woman is unique. I myself have never cared for any type of jewelry..And the only times I wear it (weddings, parties..etc.) I actually prefer wearing bulukaati (I think thats how its spelled :confused: ).

Other than that I never wear it though...and it has never interested me.

Besides the $ amount of a little circular material around ur little finger can do so much more.. :eek: :eek: .I just see it as a waste.

Back to the topic:

:eek: :eek: :eek: @Nafta...Ill talk to you after I remove my jaw from the floor.

Faheema.   

Let’s see, Marka hore he showers you with Dahab… And when he cheated he showered you with Diamond… Well, in that case keep the Diamond coming :D:D .

I will For-Get… if I can keep the Diam-On.

Note to self ….Oh I must stop joking about these things… icon_razz.gif

Would I fight over a man?

I would like to say I would never fight over a man and degrade myself in such manner, (be it in form of physical fight or verbal aggression) laakiin only Allah knows and I hope Allah does not put me in such predicament. smile.gif

nafta   

LooL Femme...well whats the matter darling??

*flutters eyelashes*

*winks*

*then leaves room sha-shasing her hips in that way*

:D

Xoogsade   

x_quizit.

Thanks. That explanation helps. As for your suggestion of an Original gift as a poem, a thoughtful letter or a song, It would be nice. But I think for those gifts to do their trick, the intended target must also be receptive to them as well. Not all women are romantic and are inclined to be satisfied with mere expressions like that. Btw, you sound nice and romantic LOL.

Haneem A.

LOL@YEA SURE. I wasn't defending Silence's sarcasm of a cheater buying diamonds and going free without repercussions. Also, by saying western women are more progressive when it comes to certain personal adornments such as gold and diamonds, I wasn't letting you down. It is only my observation. Different cultures have different attitudes toward aesthetics.

Silence.

Did you understand my "Nothing is forever" comment?

Femme Fatale.

Are you that otherwordly? lol@bulukaati.

Taqwa   

Hey, I am a man of course who wouldn't relate to a lot of feminine sentiments.

Are you sure about that? :D

I would include Katiinad with her name on it for a surprise LOL.

That isn't a feminine sentiment but more like a feminine thinking. Lool Sorry Inaar couldn't help it. :D

Xoogsade   

Silence, Yea, I am sure about that. I sometimes require an interpreter for a simple communication. You have no idea. LOL.

"That isn't a feminine sentiment but more like a feminine thinking" LOL.

That may be true but I thought a "name" means a lot to the person, and when it is carried on the neck in gold, and it is from someone special, what could go wrong huh? Nothing feminine about that I suppose.

PS. Don't apologize. I don't get offended easily. You will do no harm.

Pacifist   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:Originally posted by Hasna:

Kool Kat

Someone looks like their are guilty Or is it another way of Confessing
;)

Ar anigana dadkaan waxaan uga yaabay wax aan meesha oolin lee kee naan...

Goodness Gracious, I was just replying to the post...Soomaali yaa jecel detective lee in la'iska dhigo...

All I am sayin' is it all depends on the situation and the individuals involved...That's all ain't nothing more to it...
;)
kOOL KAT :D

Charisma   

Qac Qaac u said it for me, atleast half of it. yweah i agree with u when thsi thing happens to u u might find urself doing things u thought u could never do( n mind u shaytaan is there ).

Although women r more jealous than men (not all)n we are more likely to fight someone else, but i real life i had seen it happen with two guys who fought over a gal n one of them was killed by the other.infact Uni was like closed for a week for them to investigate n all.

So dont undestimate the power of LOVE :D .

but deep down i think if someone is cheating on u leave him/her u r better off without them, n they sure deserve who they went after :cool: .

Ciao all