Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Latest from Laascaanood

gen_noah_tani.jpg

Chief commander of Somaliland’s armed forces, General Noah Ismail Tani

Somaliland’s Armed Forces Chief Says, “We Are Determined To Secure S/land Borders”

Jamster   

Trust me, I dont need his help; putland army is coming and you guys are shitting your pants. As I said, I am submitting my application to be the governer of Hargeisa.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Fahiye:

Though war is not good, but this is a JUST WAR, one that we are defending our people.

What a beautifully written rant! Of course, like Mansa and Somal before him, you too are replying to some unasked questions. Do you really believe that fighting your kin is a just war? Put the games aside now. Ignore the Somaliland provocations. Don't worry about grudges you may suspect others hold. Answer me, with no prejudice and with as little passion as you can leak: Do you really believe this is a just war?

Ps

Shall I share with you a little secret? I don't read any other Somali websites. SOL is more than enough to tell me all I need to know about Somali affairs. Here, I get a very balanced picture of what is taking place in Somalia/Puntland/Somaliland.

I have JB providing me with the Somaliland propaganda, Duke being Duke and the two new heroes of ICU spin (BILAAL and tahliil) telling us all we need to know about the looming liberation! How could one ever go wrong, eh?

Jamster   

Ngone,

Puntland will deal with anyone who is brided by SL and propogate SL agenda within Puntland teritory.

Now,

What is Just is to defend our homes, lifehood and history. The aggressors on the other hand are continually trying to rewrite history and involved in expantionist mission. This is the true nature of the conflict-- it is not local.

Taleexi   

Dear Mr. Ngonge,

I don’t know how many more layers you need me to go down to break it down for you the essence of this struggle.. let us make an assumption, pick up any ongoing conflict in the world, for instance the conflict in Sri Lanka between Sinhalese and Tamils, or in Kosovo where Albanians and Serbs are on each others throat, or in Darfur, or in Georgia-Abkhazia-South Ossetia or you name it.. in all of these and other conflicts around the world it all depends on whom you ask if they are JUST causes or not..

With that said, SSC people are in a self-correcting mode and whether we like it or not it is an inexorable reality. And If you can’t digest and swallow why the SSC people may be to fight with few tags of their own in order to achieve their ends then you must be either a naïve or unrealistic indivudual of the situation. In this scenario the means are less import than ends, even for your “to-be” state would be much better off having a cohesive SSC region on its side…but to that benefit only visionaries who are not stuck with the current scenarios can decipher.. On the other hand, me killing some of my cousins has less importance as we are all related to one way or another and still keep killing eachother.

Latest from LasAnod:

A group supported by bugland had a meeting with the Sheikhs in the city asking for a Fatwa to fight against Somaliland :D ...... The Sheikhs said it is wrong to wage war against another muslim either bugland or Somaliland.

big disappointment for them indeed ............

^^^ :D:D

jb, any truth to the below article?

===============================================

Rising tension forces aid workers out of project area .

NAIROBI (IRIN) - Tensions between Somalia's self-declared republic of Somaliland and the autonomous region of Puntland have risen, prompting some aid workers to temporarily leave the area, an NGO said.

The German Agro Action organisation has temporarily withdrawn its staff from Burao, Erigavo and Borona. "The conflict has been building up for a long time; but outbreaks of fighting have now become extremely serious," said Peter Sass, head of the NGO's office in Burao, the second main city in Somaliland.

The hostilities were partly caused by a dispute over water, said German Agro Action.

On 17 September, forces from the two territories clashed in Abeseoley near Los Anod, forcing scores of families to flee their homes.

Both territories claim the town of Los Anod, the capital of Sool region, although it has been held by Puntland forces since December 2003.

Ahmed Aden Arab, the Puntland deputy minister for local government, blamed Somaliland forces for starting the shelling but Somaliland spokesman Said Adani dismissed the accusation.

Sool and Sanag regions fall within the borders of pre-independence British Somaliland, but most of the area's inhabitants, the Warsangeli and *********** communities, who are members of the larger ***** clan, are associated with residents of Puntland.

"The risk of continuing our work under these conditions is simply too high," Sass said. "We hope to be able to restart our work soon."

Yes, i've seen it and i saw this below news as well ,,, :D

======================================

Hargeysa (Qaran)-The United Nations news agency, IRIN, has been accused of reporting inaccurate and false information about the situation in Somaliland.

This accusation comes as a result of IRIN's claims that German Agro Action, a non-governmental agency currently facilitation projects in Burco and Ceerigaabo has left the country as a result of the recent clashes between the Somaliland Defence Forces and the militia from Puntland.

" Not so" according to Mr. Peter Sass, the country director of German Agro Action, who is currently in Hargeysa for consultations with the Somaliland's ministry of Agriculture.

Speaking on the phone from Hargeysa with the Somaliland media, Mr.Sass has confirmed that German Agro Action group are still working in Burco and Ceerigaabo, and has not been asked by the Somaliland government nor instructed by the German government to leave the country.

Mr. Peter Sass, the country director for German Agro Action has described the reports of his agency's departure from Somaliland as complete falsehood. According to Mr.Sass, IRIN should be held accountable for spreading miss-information about Somaliland.

Gabbal   

How ridiculous. A Somali tribal news portal whose objectivity is compromised by special interest concerning the subject matter (call it partisanship) firing against the international news organization IRIN.