Sign in to follow this  
Curly

America's Next Top Model Cycle 10

I quite like her too. She's strong, spirited and her complexion and cheek bones are to die for! Still, she has very stiff competition from some of the other girls.

Cabdow   

Originally posted by Pomegranate:

^ That picture was completey unneccessary. I am aware of the fact that Somalia has a lot of problems. However, what I have an issue with is when people, namely Somali models, who are given media attention and instead of using that time to let people know about the Somali culture in a different light than what the media gives, they portray themselves as these helpless victims so that white people can feel sorry for the poor Africans.

Despite popular opinion, Somalia is just one of many countries that does partake in female circumcison. Sudan, a majority muslim country, also does this yet they're not demonized to the same extent we are and I am bloody sick of it.

I am tired of Somali women telling the whole world about their private parts. I am tired of people making jokes about Somalis that we cut women's clits off. I am tired of co-workers asking me if I had it done. I don't want to be associated with it anymore.

Igaarta, Well said. good luck!

Female circumsition or mutilations as they put is a very dangerous and very demeaning practice. It needs to be shouted out from the roof tops.Lets face it, Somalis will never stop this hidious practice so long they see women as objects to be controlled.

The whole purpose of this mutilation is a joke to me.

But if there is one thing this hidious practice doesnt accomplish is stop people from gettin' their freak on!So she either doesnt understand the female anotomy reall well or she is pulling out the victim card which she is entitled to after all she is a victim and so is other million somali girls :(:(

Nephissa   

I think she almost pooped herself xalay, standing in front of Tyra, waiting for her to determine her fate. Crying..looking like one of those little starving African children we see on tv commercials.

Khalaf   

sista said: I am tired of Somali women telling the whole world about their private parts. I am tired of people making jokes about Somalis that we cut women's clits off. I am tired of co-workers asking me if I had it done. I don't want to be associated with it anymore.

walalhi abaayo i am not girl and i feel u...specially when it comes up in group discussion or anthro class...i was like plz don't say somali shhhhehshhhhhhhhhhhh duck my head. but this shit sorry for my language is baberic and cruel and needs to stop!!! every one of u take responsiblity and talk to those jahil cats back home..... look abaayo at this map:

http://www.whrnet.org/docs/issue-fgm-0608.html

africa_map.jpg

Somalia tops the list........shame walaa :mad:

Rahima   

^No, i admit that she's pretty laakiin she should keep the trap zipped;). She'd look even more attractive :D .

Aaliyyah   

I don't think it has anything to do with her looks, she has a fair amount of beauty.

But, she needs to stop talking rubbish and trying to make others feel sorry for her and use other means to win smile.gif

Maybe say something abt going back home and helping poor kids beat the odds, something that makes her come across as a better candidate for this competition...The FGM card has been way over used yaa u sheega loool