Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Xisbiga

Siilaanyo faces stiff competition in his own party Kulmiye!

RedSea   

Che,

Abti hear me hear me. We the Somalilander community in the diapora are the backbone of Somaliland. Those back home can't survive without the financial aid rightfully provided to them by their relatives in N.America, Europe, Asia, Middle East...etc...

So by doing our share and even participating the fundraising events to build schools such Amoud University, Hargeysa Univeristy, Burco and health facilities like Hargeysa general hospital, and Insha Allah Gabiley hospital soon. All those things make us full citizens who have the right offcourse to choose leaders.

Even if we are never going back there, at least we know and understand thing little better than those back home, therefore we can make wiser selectiono of leader who is suitable for them. That is noble isnt' walal?

We the Somalilander community in the diapora are the backbone of Somaliland

Your efforts to help those back home are commendable saaxib, but you are not the backbone of Somaliland. Those who stayed behind and survived through wars,and droughts are the backbone of Somaliland.

One question saaxib, do those in the diasporo, and the actual citizens backhome share the same goals?

I don't see why someone in MNPLS be afforded any say what happens backhome since you don't actual live there,and therefore don't appreciate the day to day struggles that the average Sland go through.

Originally posted by Muj. Red Sea:

Che,

Abti hear me hear me. We the Somalilander community in the diapora are the backbone of Somaliland. Those back home can't survive without the financial aid rightfully provided to them by their relatives in N.America, Europe, Asia, Middle East...etc...

Redka, that's good to hear. Do you guys have any say on Somaliland's regional policies as well?

Any influence, for instance, on its misguided policy of separatism?

^^What does that matter so long the tfg itself is foreign in the eyes of millions of Somalis?

built in foreign country, run by foreingers, supported by foreigners and recognized by foreigners for the sole reason that it happen to believe in the dearest idealogy of foriegners, i.e. the governance system of Gaalo!

RedSea   

Xiinfaniin, I do not have political influences saaxib, the closest I can get to politics is to vote.

I am more interested in working with the people, their survivor means more to me than the political affairs of politicians.

Che,

Saaxib, you know I only left there back in 1998. I went through all the wars as well.

The majority of the people that I know, we share the same goals, which is how to improve Somaliland, from its' infastructure, to its health facilities, education, agricultural.

NGONGE   

^^^ Work harder and you can buy influence, saaxib.

I think Che is being cheeky for asking you about the vote and saying that those who live there are the only ones that should decide how things go. It's not as if his part of the world is that much different to Somaliland! As long as the somali xawalado hear the clink of your coins you DO have a say in how the country should be shaped. That you decide not to excercise that right is only your choice. And a very honourable choice it is too. smile.gif

Xargaga   

I think this could be true. And i also see DR. gaboose is likely going to be the vice president running mate for Silaanyo in the coming Elections.

Just for the record Ibrahim Meygag Samatar is affiliated with the ruling party UDUB.

The President of SOPRI is widely speculated to run as the VP candidate in 2008. He is also very close to President Riyaale and has alot of supporters both at home and abroad.

Kulmiye is doing its own shuffling , bring some heavyweights like the independent Ina Xaashi into the fold.

The Somaliland websites are mirred with rumours these days. One site even reported Faysal Cali Waraabe quit his party to campaign for UDUB :confused: