Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Xisbiga

Siilaanyo faces stiff competition in his own party Kulmiye!

roobleh   

Muuse bixi for president we will rule for ever

or Proff iebrahien meygaag samtar furreh

those 2

Ibrahim Meygaag is an honarable man, so yes to him. But we do not need the likes of Muse Biixi ruling Somaliland.

But this is my question to you mr.Saylac: why did you choose those two and what do you think they can do for Somaliland that others cannot?

I don't mind voting for Dahir Riyaale for another term instead of voting for waraabe,silaanyo,muuse biixi,gaboose, saleeban gaal, and the likes of them. But, I will consider voting for Ibrahim Meygaag,Edna Ismail, and Abdikadir Jirde if they choose to run.

Dahir Riyaale Kahin is not a new comer to politcs, he was a Diplomat at the Somali Embassy in Jabouti, an Intelligence Officer (this is the one you know about him), a businessman, governor of Awdal, and vice president before he was elected for president. He is the first Somaliland president to be elected in a free and fair election. Under his administration, we succeeded to have three elections, and joined the UNPO. We have a free press, central bank, better army, and schools. All of this has happen under his leadership.

In Somaliland, we have a peaceful nation where

everyone is equal. However, there is a problem of corruption and women are virtually not represented in government,parliament, and political parties.

There are always weaknesses in every government including US and UK ,,,,,, forget about those unrecognized African nations ,,,,,

Yes, we achieved a lot with Rayaale's ruling and for the moment he is the one among the others want to run for the presidency ,,,, Siilaanyo is not that bad though ,,, he just need to understand that this is a nation not a JABHAD and that is it ,,,,,, :D

Even if Rayaale don't come back ,,,,, he still have the credit of being the first publicly elected president of somaliland and the other achievements you mentioned ,,,,,

It is better to agree on one better one before we change the current one ,,,,,, but we always want to change but never know who is going to take over ,,,,,,,,,,

roobleh   

JB,

I think we see eye to eye on this. But, the question is why credible people(even like us and not that popular) not forthcoming to test the waters and explore the feasibility of running for president?

JB,

I agree with you on Cabdigaadir Jirdeh. I think he would be a very good candidate but it seems to me he is not the kind of man to easily to step into limelight. by the looks of it he does his best work behind the scenes. he is a man i have a lot of respect for but i dont see him runnig somehow.

RedSea   

Jacaylbaro and Rooble,

Saaxib, I am speaking on behalf of the country, I am not glorifying any of these so called politicians like Riyale. These people are chosen for few reasons, to serve the people, the country etc...they are not chosen to pimp in celebrity life style while the population is barely making through life. That is my concern saaxib.

In order for that to be happen, you need honest men to lead the place, people like Dr. Gaboose, Prof. meygaag Samatar, and yes I would also put Jirde in that list. These men are civilians, well educated, and have no history of corruption, I hope you understand where I am coming from.

All the things you have listed are good, I have to say Masha Allah. But if I measure what we have done on scale of 1-10...I would give us 4, meaning we have that much which we are capable of doing that we haven't yet and gues what? we don't need a recogntion to accomplish many things saaxib.

The whole of Somaliland has become Hargeysa and Borma, what happened to Berbera, what happened to Burco, what happened to Oodwayne, Gabiley?

When was the last time that Riyale visited Burco,Berbera, or Gabiley?

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Ex-Xisbiga:

Red Sea..

Madaxweyne Riyaale waa nin dacaad ah oo nadiif ah oo horumaar laa jecel dadka iyo dalka Somaliland...

I agree with you this part. I think he has the best interest of the country in heart but his leadership skill is non existent. He basically has no vision beyond building the military. The social development of the country took ten steps backwards since he came to power. He is poor communicator which make s some people suspicious. I really think we’re ready for change.

Any one with military background is out of question. Those guys are bad negotiators including ina Biixi, Cabdraxman Tolwaa ina kaahin. Waa wada seef la bood. It’s time for them to honor what they know best and improve the quality and the training of the military officials in Somaliland.

Ina Maygaag could be a good candidate and Silaanyo deserves a chance. He did more for Somaliland than anyone else politically.

I think bringing ina Carte isn’t a bad idea either. Using his name would open many doors for Somaliland internationally. Why not use his potential of bringing recognition? He has more friends in the world political arena. Why not swallow your pride and take advantage of it. He better show some interest and the willingness of coming in and campaigning like every one else. Showing up 2 months before the election doesn’t sit well with the public.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muuse bixi for president we will rule for ever

or Proff iebrahien meygaag samtar furreh

those 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibrahim Meygaag is an honarable man, so yes to him. But we do not need the likes of Muse Biixi ruling Somaliland.

But this is my question to you mr.Saylac: why did you choose those two and what do you think they can do for Somaliland that others cannot?

I don't mind voting for Dahir Riyaale for another term instead of voting for waraabe,silaanyo,muuse biixi,gaboose, saleeban gaal, and the likes of them. But, I will consider voting for Ibrahim Meygaag,Edna Ismail, and Abdikadir Jirde if they choose to run.

Dahir Riyaale Kahin is not a new comer to politcs, he was a Diplomat at the Somali Embassy in Jabouti, an Intelligence Officer (this is the one you know about him), a businessman, governor of Awdal, and vice president before he was elected for president. He is the first Somaliland president to be elected in a free and fair election. Under his administration, we succeeded to have three elections, and joined the UNPO. We have a free press, central bank, better army, and schools. All of this has happen under his leadership.

In Somaliland, we have a peaceful nation where

everyone is equal. However, there is a problem of corruption and women are virtually not represented in government,parliament, and political parties.

i be honoust with you iebrahien meygaag samatar furre camir ayuun

My mother is called ina hebbel hebbel ismacil samatar ismacil and meygaag where brothers, we like family he is like my uncle

Muuse bixi is like a snm veteran he will take care the country like it is becous he fought for it

Also we have tribical linage with him aswell but

we cant talk here tribes

Seylaci,

Some of what you said makes but i dont why you bringing tribes and how certain candidates are related to you, into the debate. If that is what makes you vote for them then fine but i dont think you should push that as an arguement for anyonelse to vote for your kinsmen.

I am not criticising you by the way as i think you have the interest of somaliland at heart and that is always cool with me icon_razz.gif

RedSea   

Jaylaani,

I agree bringing Mr. Cumar Carte Ghalib back would be great idea. What wrong doing has he done?

He thought it was good idea to unite with southern Somalia, then later changed his mind after the fighting erupted in Southern somalia between the factions which he previously supported. He came to Somaliland and was willing to serve his people until we protested against him. I remember as school child chanting 'manafesto dooradeeda dooni mayno' in Hargeysa back in early 90s.

Anyways, we gave Riyale a chance why not this highly educated fellow.

Jaylaani   

Red Sea,

No Arte got his chance and he formed his own party called Hormood. The problem is my uncle only comes there 2 months before the election assuming he will walk away with the presidency seat. As soon as he gets defeated, he flees the country and never returns. He did that in both 93 and 2003. That doesn't sit well with the people of Somaliland including my self. You have to be dedicated your self and show respect to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I have always felt that ina carte ghalib was a bit sneaky and so self-centred. i dont think he cares about somaliland at all and i think he would gladly accept the presidency of anyplace right now if he was offered it.

That rules the man out for me but hey i am just one vote

No i didnt vote in the last elections but i would like to vote in the upcoming elections. i am going to be in the homeland around the time of the elections so i'll find out what the eligibility rules in terms of residence. i am a native of Somaliland but i have heard there is a rule which states you have to be a permanent citizen to be eligible to vote which could rule me out

RedSea   

^I do hold American passport, but I don't give a crap, I am still Somali from Somaliland man.

I am going there to vote in '08 and I will also vote in '08 for Barack Obama or whoever comes out of the left.

Jaylaani,

What happened to Hormood party?