Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Welcoming the era of Somali-Ethiopian companionship

ANWAR   

My recent participation in the Friday debate program on the BBC- Somali service- gave me the courage to highlight some of the unique ideas that I firmly believe. I was also emboldened by positive remarks of a number of friends who asked me to express my views on the current situation in the Somali region.

Therefore on behalf of my like-minded friends, I would like to say it loud and straight that I welcome the clear thinking and political stances of the Ethiopian politicians. I am one of the Awdalian Diaspora who lives in the United Kingdom and like many of my people I am interested in the politics of the Horn of Africa.

Usually in my spare time I browse the Somali and Ethiopian websites to follow up the latest news about home. Sometimes, I feel empathy sometimes I feel proud, depending on the ever-changing political situation. When I make a quick review of emphatic statements by politicians I revel in picking their brains so to speak by prudently following up their respective views on a number of different but yet critical issues relating to the pressing issues in the Horn of Africa.

The opening of the Ethiopian Embassy in the capital of Somalia was one of the remarkable events in the history of the Horn. It was heartening to hear Ethiopian Foreign Minister Seyoum Mesfin, saying: “Our peace and stability have been jeopardized by a handful of extremists who profess to be the holy men ... which contradicts the tenets of Islam as peaceful, tolerant and accommodating,” In line with the known positions of his prime minister Ato Meles Zanawi, Mesfin also reminded the people that the Somali and Ethiopian people are brothers and neighbors and what they need is to move forward: “the only enemy we share is poverty but we are not enemies,” he said.

It is a fact that we are one people, we share many things and we need each other. Forgetting the gloomy past history is very important for us and for the coming generations. The Ethiopians have demonstrated to us that we cannot be enemies for good. We are at the verge of a new era of Somali-Ethiopian companionship, an era that needs sound thinking, deep understanding and intelligence.

I would like to make clear to my fellow peace-loving countrymen, as my elder brother Bashir Goth believes, that I am not with the politics of aggression and hate. My religion and culture is peaceful and tolerant. I am not against anybody except those who do not want stability and revel in killing the innocent people. We need to strive for justice, equality, respect for our cultural differences and religious beliefs; not arrogance and imposing our political views at home by force and terror. Only fools, ****** and warmongers are those who would like to perpetuate the plight of the Somali people and the scourge young minds of the future with alien ideologies. .

A change in the situation and change of the current Somali leaders are inevitable, the ex-warlords and the old soldiers will clear the way for the new democratic process.

I hope the Somalis would finally find the peace and stability that eluded them for so long thanks to the political vision and regional leadership of Ato Meles of Ethiopia

RedSea   

What a terrible thing for mind to think about. I can hardly chew on this.

There is huge mis understanding here. You shoudl realize the somali people don't have any problems with Ethiopians and thier leaders for that matter. It's up to them if Melez is terrible human being or not, however the issue comes up when those problems are taken to my back yard. We start to have issue with you when you start to invade my country ilegally, kill my people in cold blood.

If you want peace, if you want to live side by side peacefully, then simply leave, withdraw your dirty aids infected troops out of any Somali soil, take them back to Addis and where they came from previously, then seek companionship. However I will occupy you, kill and rape your people, call you brainwashed for resisting you won't cut it. You will be in a constant battle with me as long as you remain in tangle with my interests.

Juje   

Originally posted by President Anwar:

It is a fact that we are one people, we share many things and we need each other. Forgetting the gloomy past history is very important for us and for the coming generations. The Ethiopians have demonstrated to us that we cannot be enemies for good. We are at the verge of a new era of Somali-Ethiopian companionship, an era that needs sound thinking, deep understanding and intelligence.

Oh..my..my..! How this would have been very romantic in an ideal situation, where both parties were mutual in terms of commitment and contribution to the marriage of conveniece. But they are not. One is a country that was in civil war over 16 years divided through tribal lines...the other is an invading one and has invaded 'its companion' as you put it and has killed over thousand of its citizen. It also has a direct control f the other.

So tell me how I can be your friend if you are forcefuly sleeping on my bed and eating my food and killing my children.

Horta bal iga dul kac..aan heshine ama aan dagalne.

I think a new relationship has been in oredr since the demise of the Derg regime.

Somalia needs to have a good relations with all its neighbours as a way of securing its soverignty.

Great poinst Anwar, hope for a safe trip to Mog.

RedSea   

The opening of the Ethiopian Embassy in the capital of Somalia was one of the remarkable events in the history of the Horn. It was heartening to hear Ethiopian Foreign Minister Seyoum Mesfin, saying:
“Our peace and stability have been jeopardized by a handful of extremists who profess to be the holy men ... which contradicts the tenets of Islam as peaceful, tolerant and accommodating,”
In line with the known positions of his prime minister Ato Meles Zanawi, Mesfin also reminded the people that the Somali and Ethiopian people are brothers and neighbors and what they need is to move forward: “the only enemy we share is poverty but we are not enemies,” he said.

wow...

ANWAR   

Mogadishu HERE I COME

WITH HELP OF Ethiopia Somalia as a NEW FUTERE

MY ALLHA BLESS US smile.gif

Juje   

Mogadishu HERE I COME WITH HELP OF Ethiopia Somalia as a NEW FUTERE MY ALLHA BLESS US
smile.gif

Barakada Alla ka qaad..

'bless' bel

oo bas lagu mari

Illah ayan ka barshe.

:D

Juje   

^^MY Brother your 16 years of haven i over
:D

Anwar...horta Illah ha i kaso 'heaven aniga..amiin!

Adiga hadi lagugu so shekey Xamar janadi aya kaga si horeysa, mugo wixii aad ka heshiid aniga waxba ha iga siin.

Another banter…Ethiopia knows what it’s doing and needs no welcome from anyone in Somalia. It’s the lowborns that need Ethiopia so badly that want us all believe that a milestone has been reached or a greater regional understanding has been achieved.

Come again.

Fabregas   

The New Ethiopia

1. Rebellion in Ocadenia

2. Rebellion in Oromia

3. Border war with thousands dead in Eritrea border

4. The "New Ethiopia" sponsored and armed Somali Warlord for 16 years and has now put them in power

5. The new Ethiopia is dominated by one Group( Tigrays)

6. Thousands dead in Somalia and continuing in Somalia!

7. Genocide commited in Anuak!

8. New terror prisons and guantanamos!

Quote:which contradicts the tenets of Islam as peaceful, tolerant and accommodating

Islams and Muslims are not "accomodating, peaceful or tolerant when you invade their land and violate their religion.

Quote:The opening of the Ethiopian Embassy in the capital of Somalia was one of the remarkable events in the history of the Horn.

Yes it was, A man calling himself the Somali prime minster hoisted the flag of an invading nation in the Somali capital. It would probably rank as one of the greatest lows in Somali history.

Quote:Mesfin also reminded the people that the Somali and Ethiopian people are brothers and neighbors and what they need is to move forward

We don't have anything against the common Ethiopian people. But we have a problem when their army violates and mistreates our people in Somali Galbeed and know Southern Smalia.

Quote:“the only enemy we share is poverty but we are not enemies,” he said.

I would have thought that Mr Goth would have shared Ethiopia's common enemy, namely radical Islamists and expansionist fundamental Muslims. Surely poverty is not the only enemy of Somaliland and Ethiopia?Aren't these radical Muslims imposing a foreign culuture on Somaliland and Ethiopia?

Quote:It is a fact that we are one people,

No it is not fact that we are "one people". I would have thought that mr Goth like his elder brother Bashir, belongs to an entirely different country called Somaliland. So who is the "one" people?

Quote:we share many things and we need each other.

You mean, you as in your Brother Bashir Goth and other Somalilanders desperately need Ethiopia, thus you are concerned about the support being given to your nemesis Abullahi Yusuf? You wish more Zenawi could give more interest to Somaliland and Riyaale?

Quote:It is a fact that we are one people, we share many things and we need each other.

How by invading our country and kiling thousands of Somalis?

Quote:Forgetting the gloomy past history is very important for us and for the coming generations.

The gloomy history such as? mm 1977, well it's 2007 and Ethiopian armies are arresting, detaining and killing Somali citizens in Muqdisho. As much as Mr Goth would like to paint a rosy picture, the future youth of Muqdisho will never forget the pain inflicted on them by the invading armies of Meles Zenawi!

Quote:My religion and culture is peaceful and tolerant. I am not against anybody except those who do not want stability and revel in killing the innocent people. We need to strive for justice, equality, respect for our cultural differences and religious beliefs; not arrogance and imposing our political views at home by force and terror.

Every true Muslim is for peace, justice and Equality. But we are not for Meles Zenawi, a man who kills people who protest against elections. If peace and justice means occupations, imperliasm, helicopters, tanks and the violation of the Somali people. Then we reject this and we will never accept this as long as we live!Contrary to some beliefs, Islam is not merely sitting in a mosque and doing Dikr. Islam is for self defence, bravery and honour, but without harming innoncent people!

Quote;not arrogance and imposing our political views at home by force and terror

This would be handy advice to Mr Goth's friend and hero Meles Zenawi!

Quote:I hope the Somalis would finally find the peace and stability that eluded them for so long

Yes we all agree on this!Ameen or Amen if Meles Zenawi is your saviour(acudubillah), as some Somalis believe!

But not this:

Quote:thanks to the political vision and regional leadership of Ato Meles of Ethiopia

The Somali people can sort out their own problems and reconcile without Catto Meles Zenawi.Those who benefit, gain and seek to preserve their secular, clan and seccionist ideologies belief that Atto Meles Zenawi is the saviour of Somalia. Their interest doesn't lie with the Somali people,rather their aformentioned interests!

Abwaan   

Originally posted by The Duke:

I think a new relationship has been in oredr since the demise of the Derg regime.

Somalia needs to have a good relations with all its neighbours as a way of securing its soverignty.

Great poinst Anwar, hope for a safe trip to Mog.

Aaheey Keyboard iyo Faraha maa Muqdisho lagu tegaa? Yaa ku dhaho xitaa haku riyoon haddii kale Maxamed Dheere ayaa ku xiran doona hadhowna ciidammada Maraykanka kaa gadan doona adiga iyo travel dokumintigaaga isagoo dhihi doona halkaan Al-cusmaaniya aa la dhahaa argagixiso waaye!

Wiilo   

Bal eeg waxa uu la soo shirtagay, innaa illaah, haddaad Somali tiri they have something in common with xabasho, is that i'm supporting uncle YEY talking or what. Wax kasta history ayay leeyihiin waxaan ogaataa Yey and his freinds warlords, all of the "Dabadhilifs" and biggest warlord in addis would not last. We will see anigana meesha aad ku dambayso.

Go figure:...............

I would like to make clear to my fellow peace-loving countrymen, as my elder brother Bashir Goth believes, that I am not with the politics of aggression and hate.

Is the author of the original article Bashir Goth's real brother? Similar views nonetheless.