Sign in to follow this  
Naasir

What happened to the EDUCATED Somali Women

Naasir   

I know lots of Somali women who are going to school or finished, some have mastered degree most of them are either college graduate or bachelor's degree, that is really impressive and I admire them.

BUT

what happens as soon as she gets maried(most of them 90% that is)

all the 16 years of education goes out of the window.

I know y'll gonna say not me, not me but so far the numbers are staggering not to mention disappointing and I would like to see ya 1 year after u get maried ;)

So tell me what ever happened

well naasir u want to know what i think well here it goes,

In order for a woman to get married and then raise a kid there has to be cooperation between the wife and the husband and truthfully somali men can barely lift a hand to help their woman raise their kids between them trying to hang out with their friends and working. So if the woman doesn't want her kids abandoned or taught from early ages american values, she must herself remain at home and do it.

so if u want to see more woman working and using their degrees after marriage then provide more somali men that are willing to do the 50/50 thing and voila u got a receipe for success and more somali women in the working forces.

that's my opinion about this subject.

Kool_Kat   

Scorpion_Sister, I don't know what else to say... But You said all there is to say, period... Nothing more nothing less... God bless your heart...

salaamu calaykum.

Scorpion_Sister, all i can say is AFKAAGA CAANO LAGU QABAY, u said all. Manasha allah sis.

well, naaris, it takes 2 to tango, if u men support ur wives and rise u kids with them. then we are able to express our education and skills. but while u are either chewing or standing around donor shops, internet cafes or chatting @ polcities or qabiils then we are not be able to use our skills.

as u alot became HOLGAB, so men get ur ass togther and support u wives and kids. As their ur responsibilties, and allah will asked u how u spent ur time, money.

SALAAM.

What are you talkin about Nassir? :confused:

I know of women who take some time off to raise their kids(a yr or 2) but nobody gets a masters degree and sits at home cooking hilib iyo bariis!

Pujah.   

Athena I must agree with you on that... smile.gif

Naasir did you do national survey on somalian women with higher education or you playing guess

Well, Well

I have to agree with Naasir, let is be Honest almost every somalian women sits her ass home after she gets maried Unless she chooses not to have kids.

what really ticked me is those who choose to go after their dreams end up not having kids at all

Nabadeey my Nomad bro/sis

Hibo   

I think Naasir you are correct brother most of them don't keep up with the hard work for all these years

Hope things change with out leaving the relegion and the culture

I agree with you Naasir.....but a lot of our educated sisters get married and they prefere to be there for their children..some of them are forced to chose b/w work or marriage..and you know not all of them strong to face Somalian communites with the title "Devorced" so if their husbands are not encouraging them to follow their dreams they end up house wives...

Naasir   

Thank you RUNAWAY_VIRGIN

Finally some body made an appealing comment rather than being in denail.

Laakiin Caadiyoos waaye Diracyaasha ha isku camiraan ;)

Cadeey saas lee waaye ;)

Indhadeeq sister all you have to do is just look around your shoulders, surely u will find plenty of them...

Ahlaan   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh!!!

Well there are many different angles to view this topic from and I guess everyone tends to stick to the one which, either they prefer or experienced: All being valid in their own way.

1. Somali woman who become educated and choose to become no different than the uneducated one (putting her education to no use);

2. Somali woman who becomes educated and all of a sudden thinks she has balls to CHALLENGE MEN and tell them YOU AIN'T BETTER THAN ME, which ends up at 40+ with no man (TOO LATE TO GO BACK NOW!!!ARROGANCE!!!);

3. Somali woman who becomes educated and decides to improve the chances of her children's life in this world and the hereafter (nothing like having a strong educated mother uplift your spirit and help with MATH/BIOLOGY/HISTORY/ GROWING UP/UNDERSTANDING DAD!!!);

ALL I KNOW IS THE MOST EDUCATED IN BOOKS CAN NEVER DO THE JOB OUR GRANDMOTHERS DID!!! SHE COOKED (LIKE I'LL NEVER KNOW HOW),CLEANED (LIKE NO OTHER), KEPT ALL OF US SANE (WHEN WE JUST WANTED TO SCREAM) HOW MANY OF U CAN LIVE IN A HOUSEHOLD WITH 30+ PEOPLE TODAY?!!! THE ARTISTS THEY WERE POETS/CRAFTS (DIRIN TOLID/BABBIS/ KOOFIDO...)OOOOOOHHHH THE CULTURE THEY HAD, THE DIGNITY THEY POSSESSED, THE TALENT!!!

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON BUT I CHOOSE TO STOP HERE!

I'm a #3 person as u may have already guessed my intention of getting an education is to improve my household, something I missed out on, something I think has kept Somalis/Muslims behind the rest of the world. We only live this life once so I will live it to the fullest.

It's all in your intentions, KEEP IT REAL AND PRIORTIZE TO FIT YOUR LIFE!!!

That's my 2 cents, PEACE!!!

Kruella   

I must agree with Naasir on this topic, Most women when they get married lose touch with their career path and their jobs. Did you ask yourselves why? Well maybe because children and a husband (who most of the time is a child himself in need of attention) bring responsibilities. But then again, what's wrong with staying at home for the first few years of your child's life and putting your career at the back burner? Those years are the most important part of a child's life, you can shape the future person he/she will become. So the women who forgot about their career and jobs did it because they want to raise their children rather than nannies or the TV raising them. And to me that is the most honorable career in life!

NASIR HAS GOT TO BE KIDDING ME???

"WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE EDUCATED WOMEN"???

NASIR IS STILL LIVING IN THE "BAADIYO" ERA or WHAT???

I Don't get it, why do most of you try to post these silly a*s posts???

Here is a lost cause aka Nasir trying to find out whatever happened to the educated women???

As if he travelled all over the world and did his research by trying to pass along survey's stuff to every and each woman who ever attended or finished a post secondary level of education???

Here we are nasir, you did your research and you came to the conclusion that all of these women u have crossed paths with just spend all of that tuition money and energy just so they can come right back home and sit their fat asses...is that it brah???

Ask your neighbours, or the girl next door who you have come to know over the yrs, or your girlfriend for that matter...because it seems as if someone you were close to did just that??? if so, they probably are happy with their decision....but then again we have those that go through all of that drama and @ the end are happy with the results as well...

"Master's degree"

NOT

"mastered degrees" doesn't exist...so excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeee

PeAcE

Well Naasir, since your IN DEPTH research shows that we(females) lose our education after marriage, maybe it's time we took a long hard look at the men we are marrying. Just a thought.