Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Meeting with Sharif- your thoughts

Emperor   

Sophist, will it be tomorrow?

Apart from naming the PM, if you had met Shariif did he talk about his overall strategy, things have gone from bad to worse this past few years so does he have any effective immediate response to the current Somali state of affairs?

Did he talk about his plans/desires when and after his time expires in 10 months. Will he stay in or retire from politics, perhaps an extension?

PS: Waa kusalaamay Awoowe.

Sophist   

Yes and no!

He was quite possitive about transitional tasks which he needs to complete. He also agreed that Constitution is way forward though he expressed certain concerns- nothing serious I must admit!

I think in terms of political Strat, he said he will leave that to the future PM and his lean and affective cabinet. There is a security plan in the oven too!

S

Som@li   

^Shabaabs are here on SOL, I am not sure if Sophist will disclose national security matters here. smile.gif

Who ever gets the PM, best of luck. It is not an easy task, and is not matter of who will get it, but will will do the job.

my advice to next PM:

wadnaha dhagax gasho - nasiibkaa, nasiib atoore Alle ha dhiggee. :D - and walk into to the Al-Shabaab controled areas of Mogadishu unarmed and unaccompanied whislt he patts himself to show he has no weapon. ask the minions to take him to their amir and start a frank negotiations with them.

the only question that he needs to worry about is whether Al-Shabaab would respect the rules and regulations covering Islamic principles with regards to your enemy's envoy.

Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:Originally posted by Abu-S:

Good meeting, though was quite short for the Somali standards.

What I have gleaned as far as the potential candidates are concerned:

1) Abduqadir Jangali (Geddo region)

2) Abdikarim Jama (Buhodle, current chief of staff)

3) Xalane (Jubada Hoose- current Finance Minister)

4) Edson (Mudug, current safiir in Kenya)

S

Interesting that Mudane Abdulqaadir Adden "Jangeli" is being considered. Mudane Jangeli is an Italian trained economist who once was president of the Somali Central Bank. He currently lives in the city of Seattle.

He blogs regularly with respect to issues on the Somali crisis:

Jangale.jpg

Here is a scathing critique of the recent Ethiopian invasion of Somalia penned in play format:

He is currently in Italy attending to the funeral of his older brother, the venerable Dr Mohammed Adden Sheikh.
Gabbal, is Jengali brother of the late Dr. Mohammad Adan Sheikh?

NASSIR   

Lazie, since you know more about the inside story of President Shariif and his close associates, who do you think will win?

Sophist   

Thierry, I am not privy to this information. I only know this because it is in the ICG Madrid communique.

Anyhow, all shall be clear insha Allah by Thursday.

S

Sophist   

Too close to call but it is a between Mr Jama and someone from Geddo region.

A friend called Mog and spoke to the chap who own Juba (Siciid) who confirmed that Sharif Called Sharif Sakin and communicated to him that he will appoint Mr Jama.

Also, the list given to the Americans today (according to the interpreter of the Preseident) were:

Abdikarim Jama

Abdiqadir Jangeli

Khalif Mudan

Xalane

Will update you as the news comes in.

S

PS: He might surprise us and name someone who is not part of the names people are mentioning.

Abwaan   

Abu - S, waxaan maqlayaa in Jengeli hoggaaminayo liiska ayna ku xigaan Siciid, Khaliif Ciise iyo C/Kariim.

Xaaladda waa 2 vs 2. Cayaartana semifinal ayay maraysaa. Jengeli ayaana ugu dhibco badan...lol

Goonjeex waxaad mooddaa in warkiisa dhammaaday oo islaamihii boorarka hayey oo Muqdisho jooga soo dhaafi la'yahay!

Warkaas maxaa ka jira?

Som@li   

Originally posted by Abu-S:

Also, the list given to the Americans today (according to the interpreter of the Preseident) were:

Abdikarim Jama

Abdiqadir Jangeli

Khalif Mudan

Xalane

And why the list were given to the Americans? Are we a sovereign nation? :eek:

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

Gabbal, is Jengali brother of the late Dr. Mohammad Adan Sheikh?

Yes sxb, he is is the much younger brother of the esteemed Dr Mohammad Aden Sheikh. With that said, I doubt Mudane Jangeli will give up his nice surroundings in the Bellevue area of Seattle metro, which happens to be the home of Bill Gates and Paul Allen, for the harsh mad max world and with this dawlad "gabalkeedu dhacay".

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Som@li:

And why the list were given to the Americans? Are we a sovereign nation? :eek:

We ceased to be a sovereign nation in 1991.

Sophist   

I doubt Sicid Qorshel is in the running- in serious manner that is. He is a sports guy and will be lucky to get a cabinet role!.

Goonjeex is out Mr Abwaan- no substance I am told plus he is close to Sharif Sakiin. From Geddo boys he is leading but we are not sure whether is the favourite.

Puntland: Abdikareem seems to be in the lead. He has just sent a ship full of raashin from Dubai on behalf of the TFG.

We will see where this saga ends.

S