Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Meeting with Sharif- your thoughts

Sophist   

Nomads,

I have been informed that I will be one of small group of Somalis (7 people) who will will meet the el Presidente. Undoubtedly, one of the issues we will be asked to speak to him about will be the PM issue.

What is SOL's thoughts on this? Any particular input you would like to put forward to your president regarding this matter?

S

PS: Meeting wiol take place in an hour half's time.

Amistad   

Yes we want to know his opinion on the new U.S. State Dept policy shift to support Somaliland and Puntland, and does mean the end of the TFG?

Sophist   

Good meeting, though was quite short for the Somali standards.

What I have gleaned as far as the potential candidates are concerned:

1) Abduqadir Jangali (Geddo region)

2) Abdikarim Jama (Buhodle, current chief of staff)

3) Xalane (Jubada Hoose- current Finance Minister)

4) Edson (Mudug, current safiir in Kenya)

S

^^^Stop teasing us old boy, and give more detail..All those names even I what about Qorsheel and I heard there is another man related to Jama #2 on your list, who is lined up if Jama is withdrawn due to pressure from the outside..

Sophist   

Che, unwritten rule old chap, rules that digtate Somali politics!.

Generale: If I was a betting man I would bet on the man whom I share my Surname. Couple guys and I had a quick meeting with him and he seemed self assured- "nin muufadiisa maraq ugu jirto ayuu u ekaa" was a remark made by one of the chaps who was with me.

Generale: Are you reffering to Ali Isse, the former IMF country director? His name has been throwned around but he personally mentioned to me that he is not interested as this government "gabalkeedii waa uu dhacay".

S

^^^Abu S, not sure what his name was but he is a relative or close kin to Jama, from what I heard.

You are right, Jama is favourite here, he is Sharif's, Chief of Staff, ally and childhood friend.

Now how long to go before this is announced or is Sharif going to milk this all the way till the last day?