Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Meeting with Sharif- your thoughts

Abu_S, beenta noo tartiibi. No such meeting took place today nor will such a meeting ever take place, which makes you privy to such intimate gathering of any kind with state officials.

Marka kale, weren't you the same man who posted a similar post over a year ago, writing in the same manner, discussing how you will shortly meet with Sharif and co to discuss the issue of the day and were soliciting our input? What came of that meeting? Why is it that every year around this time, you just happen to create these phantom meetings, where you are part of a small circle of men selected to hold discussion with high ranking officials or even President of Somalia. Are you delusional or what?

Adeer, beentaada has no bound and frankly speaking, I am disgusted by it, ee wax kale meesha la imow and dont let me catch you in another lie a year from now.

signing off,

LayZieG

^LoooL

Malika...As far I know, the man is educated and capable person. That's said, is he equipped to run government in chaotic, God knows that and time will tell.

Abwaan   

Thanks for the update Abu S. Please Keep us updated about this issue. It looks like Nairobi is the last place the president visits for his consultations on who to name the next PM. Whoever is nominated will have a tough task ahead. I really hope that it will be someone who knows what they are doing and not corrupted.

ALbuuhoodlaawi...lol...xiinfaniin...is he from Buuhoodle? I mean born and raised there? Mise waa qabiil code baa laga wadaa?

By the way I heard from one of his close friends that A Jama was in Djibouti in order to become a prime minister in January 2009. Once Sharif became the president and it was not possible that both of the top posts go to the Asmara Group, Aala-Shiiq convinced him to become the Chief Of Staff and he agreed. Abdulkareem and Sharif might have known through the Aala-Sheikh and Asmara circles but that was the first time they became close. I met him once and he seemed to be a nice guy in general. One thing that I think might happen is there will be a power struggle between him and Sharif as soon as he is selected.

To Lazie G. Do you know Abu S? I beleive him because no. 1 I know him in person and know that he is able to meet with officials with such status. And no. 2 The president is meeting with various people in order to consult with them regarding selecting the next PM. I hope that is enough. Plus you think it is hard to meet with a Somali leader? It is the opposite. Almost anyone can.

Abwaan,

why do you think there will a power struggle between him and sharif?

he gave me the imbression of being slow-and-steady kind of guy...meaning he prefers rising gradually rathen then dramatically.

Som@li   

Unless you have two person who have SOMALIA's interests ahead any other interests, there can be a positive outcome.

Else, we will have same old story.

President A.Qasim/Galayd

President A.Qasim/Hassan Abshir

President Yeey/Gedhi

President Yeey/Nur Hassan

President Sharif/Sharmaake

President Sharif/??

And honesly, what are the powers of the president and Prime Minister? What is style of government is this TFG?

It is time get rid of this scheme and move forward, the whole constituation is flawed, based 4.5.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Abwaan,

why do you think there will a power struggle between him and sharif?

he gave me the imbression of being slow-and-steady kind of guy...meaning he prefers rising gradually rathen then dramatically.

The guy is not on his own. He is part of a team, The president's camp I should say. Although it became obvious in recent months, he, along with bunch of Aala-Sheikh advisors are blamed for the disagreement between the president and the former PM, Omar A. If you remember it well, it started with the speaker of the Parliament issue and Xariif Xassan. Omar supported Xariif Xassan and then he became their enemy. They even convinced the presidnet to sack him and it did not work due to the constitution not allowing that. Then the president made a U-turn and the rift calmed down. It then started couple of months later and this time Omar waa daadkaa qaaday.

One thing that made me say that there will be a disagreement is, no.1 the choice of ministers will be an issue. I am sure waa la isku qabqabsanaa....plus Aala-Sheikh will be devided into group dhihi doona annaga lee talinayna iyo kuwo fahmi doona in dowladdaani ay Soomaalida inteeda kale kala dhaxayso....By the way nobody is sure inuu Abdulkareem Jama noqonayo PM yet, marka haddii la nool yahay waan arki doonnaa.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abu-S:

Good meeting, though was quite short for the Somali standards.

What I have gleaned as far as the potential candidates are concerned:

1) Abduqadir Jangali (Geddo region)

2) Abdikarim Jama (Buhodle, current chief of staff)

3) Xalane (Jubada Hoose- current Finance Minister)

4) Edson (Mudug, current safiir in Kenya)

S

Interesting that Mudane Abdulqaadir Adden "Jangeli" is being considered. Mudane Jangeli is an Italian trained economist who once was president of the Somali Central Bank. He currently lives in the city of Seattle.

He blogs regularly with respect to issues on the Somali crisis:

Source

Jangale.jpg

Here is a scathing critique of the recent Ethiopian invasion of Somalia penned in play format:

Hiiraan

He is currently in Italy attending to the funeral of his older brother, the venerable Dr Mohammed Adden Sheikh.

Sophist   

Xiin,

Warka Nairobi yaala waa sidaas, laakiin Somali politics is indeed unpredictable.

Abwaan: Gabadha iskadaa, caashaq wareer ayaa hayee :D . Hadii aan doono inaan senior Minister ka noqon karo ma oga kobtadatan ;)

I think Mr Jama would not cause profound disagreements with the President but undoubtedly, he will disagree privately on matters relating to administrative policy. Meesha shaqo ayaa taala, hadii la rabo in wax laqabto hade iska hor imaad waa iman.

Generale:

Most of the International community that I have met (colleagues and others) have a good opinion about this chap but are concerned for his Islamist tendencies. These folks are easily impressed- speaks well and is presentable is what they say!.

But we shall find out what will happen by tomorrow insha Allah.

S