Sign in to follow this  
Warmoog

Would you marry non-Somalis?

king_450   

would I marry a non-somali? yes. why? because I can.

Ok hear that before

But ethnicity is not something that needs to be imperative when looking for marriage

Wow, that is new to me

If part of your family will never accept you with a non-somali, then they are not even your REAL family!

Now this is hard, i know i love my family to dear,first your MOM, give the respect she deserves!

Rokko   

what a self-hating bunch. I didn't know some of our people are like this na'mean.

sistas who run after white boys/other ethnics just to have a "cute baby" are most likely UGLY themselves or lack the confidence to be themselves na'mean. lets face it.

Pretty sista or cute ones don't have any urgency to marry outsiders for "cute babies" na'mean.

Confidence is what it all comes down to na'mean. :D

Gediid   

I think marrying a non Somali isnt the issue at hand here but rather some other motive that people just cant seem to put across in words.Whooever said its beacuse half casts are more beautiful pure BS.I know more ugly half casts than some in here can imagine but the sad part of all this is the fact that a kid who is a half cast will always be ostracized by both sides of the family.THEY LITERALLY SPEND ALL THEIR LIFES AS OUTSIDERS.I have seen it with several close friends of mine and will continue to see it.

The reason why I will marry my own race is simply beacause I dont have to explain my actions all the time.I spent more time in qurbe than most in here and at times felt I had nothing in common with Somalis but as I grew older I also became wiser and learnt there is absolutely nothing better than being loved by one of the same race.

king_450   

Gedid , you actually told the truth, i conquer your point bro, yes those of us who has been in the states for so long will know this very well.I at one point never even have an association with somalis not cz i didn't want to , cz there were not enough somalis at my time.But since the war starts back home and we have now in the states alone i blv over million somlais i blv ,i have realized how wrong it is not to value your own Culture , your own ppl, your own Kind. I feel sorry for those of us who deliberately misleading the rest of us, just for the sake of Mxing the Colors.Yes your ppl deserve to be First Last .

hey guys! i do second that too! once u discover that u is a nomad, u never go back not even for a the marbles in the world!!!

goodnite africans! i amna hit the sack!! one more day to work for the man!!

Saalixa   

'they're too old-fashioned', 'too domineering', 'too lazy around the house', 'too ugly', etc.

That sounds gibberish,,,i wonder don't these girls have brothers of thier own, and so are they trying to say that thier brothers are ugly, old fashioned? and i also wonder if they are better looking themselves? Yasmine would you know? coz i would like to.

i think any person who is ashamed of their own culture, heritage suffers deep illness, low self esteem, and sort of a depression.

My brothers are GOODDD LOOKKKINGGG like hell ;) .

salam

Blessed   

^^^lol. so are any of your good looking brothers single then? :D

Personaly, I think a person should marry who ever they feel is the right one for them. However, those arbitary reasons are not strong foundations for marriage and anyone who is on that thought length really needs to grow up before bringing innocent children into this world. What will they tell granchildren 'I married your awoowo just so that I can have half cadaan looking children?' - it's silly. Why do they feel that they have to justify their actions at the expense of Somalis? What have we got to do with the individuals choice of partner? To me, it's an indication that those sisters arn't very confident about their choice - or is it just a case dissing Somalis for the sake of it?

Also, like Gediid said some mixed raced people might find it difficult to fit-in - it is certainly true for some half English / Somalis that I know. They don't fit in with the Somalis and are rejected by their english families. The result not having a deep rooted connection to ones family and identity.

Would I want to put my children through that? No, not if I have a choice.

There is also the issue of religion, for those who marry into another faith the problems can be astounding. I know Somali men whose children are catholic, buddhist, athiests... This can cause much conflict between parents and hence leading to divorce.

I personaly prefer to stay with my Somali. However I do respect the choice of those who marry non-Somali for the right reasons. If both parties are of the same faith (muslims in our case)- there are minor obsticals but I don't see any major problems in that...

Kool_Kat   

It is funny how some of us say "ohh, I would marry a non-Somali" and the minute they see you with a non-Somali, the talk and xan begins...

I, personally, don't have any problems with ppl who marry outside of their race...But I would not marry a non-Somali...I don't even think I would date a non-Somali guy, let alone marry him...Believe me there is so much, I have seen non-Somali guys, they are not worth all the hassle you have to go through with your family, friends, even Somalis in general...

But I do believe in dating and marrying who ever makes you happy...

To those who say, I would marry a non-somali to have cute kids...Bal Allah kabarya caruur caafimaad qabto in uu idin siiyo...Some of us can be so narrow minded sometimes, without even knowing it...

Like who cares who other ppl marry?

I dont see anything wrong with marrying other races...'calaf' is the appropriate word here. I wouldn't fancy it tho. Dont think I could give up the faaraxs.

Originally posted by ILHAAM:

quote:Originally posted by Yasmine:

they're too old-fashioned', 'too domineering', 'too lazy around the house', 'too ugly', etc.

Honestly, I don't understand why those who choose to marry outside of their race belittle their own people in the process. If you want to marry an ajinabi, by all means go for it, but please don't try to justify your actions to us by pointing out the undesirable qualities of our people. I will not disrespect your choice of a partner, so please refrain from insulting mine.

Btw, I have nothing against IR marriages, honestly. And I actually think it very beautiful when I see two Muslims of different backgrounds together. But, I just don't see it for myself and I guess that's my prerogative.
Well said

I am about to get get married to a Frenchman,originally from Quebec, in April. My criteria for a future husband were as follows:

1) do I love him

2) can I respect him

3) will he be my best friend

4) does he work and will he have a good future

5) are we compatible in our expectations

The above has to be two-way of course.