Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

UAE lifts ban on Somali cattle imports

UAE lifts ban on Somali cattle imports

21 August 2009

DUBAI - The ban on cattle imports from the two Somali cities of Bosaso and Barabara into the UAE was lifted yesterday UAE Minister of Environment and Water Dr. Rashid Ahmed Bin Fahad in a resolution.

Accordingly, any live cattle from the said Somali cities have to be coming directly from their designated quarantines. The resolution demands that all bulls (oxen) be castrated.

It also demands a valid import license issued stating the port of entry, a certificate of origin, a veterinary certificate issued, 2 days maximum before prior to the date of shipment, by the relevant governmental authorities of the country of origin, an effective certificate of origin stating that the animals were quarantined no less than 21 days at the relevant facilities.

The certificate should state that the animals were not vaccinated for bovine plague.

The resolution also demands valid certificates from laboratories stating that the animals were vaccinated for / and free from rift valley fever, foot and mouth disease, bovine tuberculosis, bovine abortion diseases and external as well as internal parasites.

In the UAE, all imported animals are subject to the veterinary and animal care regulations and legislations.

Chimera   

Somalis should export elsewhere to places like Turkey, Malaysia and Indonesia, those clients won't impose bans 11 months of a year and then lift it conveniently at the month of Ramadan.

Thankful   

This is just another development that was started by Puntland. The news that the UAE is lifting the ban is a result of the maxjarka

that the previous Puntland admin had built. For years Somali livestock was banned, so the previous admin made a deal and built it's own quarantine that met the the specifications that would allow our livestock to pass their health codes. The same company that help build this quarantine also built one in NW Somalia, near Hargeysa I believe.

Weftiga Imaaraatka iyo Cumaan oo booqday Maxjarka

Tuesday, 12-Aug 2008

Boosaaso,Puntland:We ftigii shirkada Alkhaliij iyo Sadanada Cumaan oo booqday Maxjarka.

Weftigan shalay galab soo gaaray Puntland gaar ahaan Magaalada Boosaaso ayaa waxa ay soo kormeereen Xarunta Maxajarka iyo shaybaarka loogu talagalay in lagu daaweeyo xoolaha la dhoofinayo.

kormaxajar.jpg

kormaxjarka5.jpg

kormaxjar6.jpg

Livestock Quarantine

GAAROODI   

this last three posts should be on a disney post, the level of immaturity is halarious, call somaliland what you want. We know its the center of all your nightmares.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh,soma liland......

is what most so called puntlanders wake up to in the morning.

loooooooool

^^^

Calaacalka yaree waryaa. If you can't take the heat, then get out of this section of the forum!

Look at you getting all sensitive here when you feel someone is shortchanging your beloved la-la land. But you are mistaken, ina-adeer. Personally, I find your whole... "I*gotta*defend*Shan karoonland*from*thos e*mean*pirates" frontage, nothing more than a complete & utter waste of bandwidth.

But thanks anyway. You showed me that we hurt your feelings. I like that. :D

^^^

Ha ha ha... 10 bucks says you gettin' ready to break up into tears, in spite your insistence that you ain't got feelings, because you know and I know that you're such an insecure chap, that can't stand the supposed humiliation I have put you through with such a few words.

Tsk Tsk, no wonder you're coming off unhinged so easily and so fast, Mr Garoodi. With such cheap comebacks, you're quick becoming a sad, desperate looser crying foul.

Remember this is the politics section, where almost anything goes-- so you gotta be confident, and for God's sakes, don't whine about how miserable you are. That's the key.

Better yet, if you really want some advice, maybe you should waddle your sorry self to the General section of the forum, and ask for help, from the resident old ladies in that section of SOL.

Marka, cheer up saaxiib, and don't take this stuff personal. ;) :cool:

^^^

Lacagta waaxaa leh ninkii xoolaha soo dhaqdey. Kaliya-- xoogaaga lagu dhoofinayo xoolaha ayuu dhiibayaa, inta kalana macawista ayuu ku guntandoonaa. :cool:

Dawlad kusheegta Xamar-nah, koob shaah ah kama heleyso!